The Student Room Group

Want To Study Sciences But Poor

Hi,

I'm 19 years old, with only 2 AS grades at pass' and a useless Fine Art Diploma, but would like to study the sciences in university.

I'd like to take some A-Level subjects in the sciences, I have C's in Core and Additional Science GCSEs, and the required amount of GCSEs at pass for A-Levels retakes. However, I do not have the funds to pay for them. I have no family. Any ideas on how to get back in studying A-Levels (the ones that I wanted, this time)?

Thank you for your time.
Original post by Ibrahim Kuyumcu
Hi,

I'm 19 years old, with only 2 AS grades at pass' and a useless Fine Art Diploma, but would like to study the sciences in university.

I'd like to take some A-Level subjects in the sciences, I have C's in Core and Additional Science GCSEs, and the required amount of GCSEs at pass for A-Levels retakes. However, I do not have the funds to pay for them. I have no family. Any ideas on how to get back in studying A-Levels (the ones that I wanted, this time)?

Thank you for your time.

Rather than A levels for which it's doubtful you could get any financial help you might want to research access to higher education in science courses for which you might.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The title breaks my heart :frown:
Original post by gdunne42
Rather than A levels for which it's doubtful you could get any financial help you might want to research access to higher education in science courses for which you might.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, should have expected that answer.

Thanks!
Welp,

I'm in a Russell Group uni, now. Did that access course. Apparently that diploma was not considered a full level 3 course, so I was given funds to study by the government, as any teenager would do with a-levels.

But all my focus seems to be on bettering my self as a person, and less so on studies (which I can do very well).

Will be back here to scribe this website again once I'm a researcher.
Original post by Ibrahim Kuyumcu
Welp,

I'm in a Russell Group uni, now. Did that access course. Apparently that diploma was not considered a full level 3 course, so I was given funds to study by the government, as any teenager would do with a-levels.

But all my focus seems to be on bettering my self as a person, and less so on studies (which I can do very well).

Will be back here to scribe this website again once I'm a researcher.

Well done - that's fantastic and thanks for the update :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest