The Student Room Group

GAMSAT 2016 (2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MedSchoolHope4
Okay, but just remember, people who are in their third year of university will take the test too.

Yeah but they still have to have an original UCAS ID to be in university in the first place. What I should have said was the exam isn't just for graduates but also for soon-to-be graduates or graduand's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the people adding their UCAS ID to their gamsat registration, where and how are you doing this? I did not even realise we were supposed to!

Also, is it just me that is having trouble logging on to the ACER website, it is not recognising my username for some reason which is quite worrying... I took the gamsat in September.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it!

I wish it was more obvious that we had to enter it, would have completely missed it if not for tsr!
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm confused as to where I should put my UCAS ID number. I go onto manage and registration details but can't seem to find an option for it, apart from CAO application number?

I'm confused :s-smilie:

Help!
Original post by NafNaf39
I'm confused as to where I should put my UCAS ID number. I go onto manage and registration details but can't seem to find an option for it, apart from CAO application number?

I'm confused :s-smilie:

Help!

I found it next to the CAO number
Original post by kimsiclez
I found it next to the CAO number

I don't seem to have anything there. I'm wondering if its probably because i sat the Gamsat Ireland exam?

May have to just email them

Thank you for replying! :smile:
Original post by NafNaf39
I don't seem to have anything there. I'm wondering if its probably because i sat the Gamsat Ireland exam?

May have to just email them

Thank you for replying! :smile:

I just emailed them my id name date of birth and candidate number, they responded saying there's nothing further we need to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They emailed me back and said the UCAS ID on the account (one from your confirmation of application email) is all you need for them to get the results in the right place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 707
Original post by MedSchoolHope4
Are you sure its not the track one? reapplicants default back to the personal ID we were given in the previous application cycle and as far as I'm aware, its that one we use?

Not sure if your question has been answered but I emailed [email protected] with my personal ID not the track one to which they replied back that both my 2015 and 2016 exam scores will be used. If you are still apprehensive I suggest you contact UCAS on the address above as well as contact ACER.
Original post by Cuts92
Not sure if your question has been answered but I emailed [email protected] with my personal ID not the track one to which they replied back that both my 2015 and 2016 exam scores will be used. If you are still apprehensive I suggest you contact UCAS on the address above as well as contact ACER.

The way i look at it is, all correspondence from UCAS has gone back to my track ID, the university confirmation emails state this same track ID. The old UCAS ID was for apply, before they knew that i had applied previously.
Emailed ACER and got this reply today:

Thank you for your email. Usually it’s the second number you receive which always remains your UCAS ID number throughout your education cycle. Regards, The GAMSAT Team
ACER

Hope this helps to clear things up!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zak1995
Emailed ACER and got this reply today:

Thank you for your email. Usually it’s the second number you receive which always remains your UCAS ID number throughout your education cycle. Regards, The GAMSAT Team
ACER

Hope this helps to clear things up!

Yep. Good job we checked though because I've currently got my pre-GAMSAT UCAS ID on there. It would probably still find its way to my uni's (I assume the two are linked) but I'll update it anyway. Cheers guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know when results are released?
I'd say more like 2 weeks tbh. Good Luck!
Crikey. Good luck everyone
Last year it was the 12th I think :O :P
I really hope it comes before the 21st. I'm on a week long placement that week in ICU shadowing a consultant and his juniors and if I were to receive the email on that first Monday I can't imagine how I would motivate myself to get through the week if I haven't done well enough for interviews 😩

On the flip side if I have and I received the email whilst there I'd probably be doing cartwheels around the hospital all day and signing 'Oh and a beautiful day' to everybody within hearing distance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone keeps asking me if I've found out yet! Urghhh. Will we start getting offers for interviews as soon as the results come out or will it still be a little while??
I haven't been on this for ages but I hope everyone has done well or will do well in upcoming results. I have started a thread for GAMSAT 2018 entry, so if anyone will do the test in March next year, it would be nice to share experiences.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=68325908&t=4392818#post68325908
So the big month is here & the never ending wait of THE RESULTS...
Anyone with insider info as to the date of the dreaded day???
Reply 719
Original post by blondyn
So the big month is here & the never ending wait of THE RESULTS...
Anyone with insider info as to the date of the dreaded day???

I think someone here said that last year's results came our 9 weeks after the test. So this year is most likely going to be 16 Nov unless they decide to be nice and put us out of our misery and release them next week :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending