The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swirly
wow just lost all respect for you.

</3
Reply 9621
Original post by The Wavefunction
Correct.

I'm sure this is the part where you tell me otherwise, but I doubt it's more than twice (whilst at Arsenal).

Ok.. from the top of my head

His first season, group stages in the CL when we hosted a Napoli side on a ridiculous form - he opens the scoring

He opened the scoring at the **** hole up the road in the north London derby (last season or the one before that)

His goals vs Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Bayern

I can remember him assisting both goals at home to City last season

Got that assist in stoppage time vs Leicester last season to win us the game
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Socratesfam
So this thread is basically crappy gifs from comedy shows and pictures of vaguely fit women?

My kind of thread.......

Many thanks for registering your interest in the Miscellaneous Thread. Unfortunately, applications for posters have now closed indefinitely, due to poor past experiences of open membership. We wish you the best of luck in finding a decent thread to post on TSR.
Original post by swirly
Many thanks for registering your interest in the Miscellaneous Thread. Unfortunately, applications for posters have now closed indefinitely, due to poor past experiences of open membership. We wish you the best of luck in finding a decent thread to post on TSR.

Kthnxbye!
Original post by SA-1
Ok.. from the top of my head

His first season, group stages in the CL when we hosted a Napoli side on a ridiculous form - he opens the scoring

He opened the scoring at the **** hole up the road in the north London derby (last season or the one before that)

His goals vs Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Bayern

I can remember him assisting both goals at home to City last season

Got that assist in stoppage time vs Leicester last season to win us the game

@The Wavefunction But he doesn't dab fam
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by swirly

Swirls, pal, this kind of attitude will kill the thread. C'mon pal.
Reply 9626
Inb4 Luke comes here saying Henderson is better
Original post by Socratesfam
Kthnxbye!

You're welcome to join in, providing you don't use the term kthnxbye again
Original post by swirly

@The Wavefunction But he doesn't dab fam

Stat pads against lower teams or when the pressures off, that's why he's never made team of the season

Poor mans Alli
Original post by swirly
While I have you here, what do you think the whole meaning of life is? In your own opinion.
To attain the happiness that can only be found in the pursuit of materialistic wealth via rampant consumerism.
You're welcome to join in, providing you don't use the term kthnxbye again

Stat pads against lower teams or when the pressures off, that's why he's never made team of the season

Poor mans Alli

smh

Original post by Fizzel
To attain the happiness that can only be found in the pursuit of materialistic wealth via rampant consumerism.

smh
Reply 9630
Original post by Fizzel

Clearly you mean PMW, the 3 W's of life or money clothes hoes?
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1476952001.966314.jpg

Best image of the night 😂
Original post by Lúcio
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1476952001.966314.jpg

Best image of the night 😂

He looks absolutely terrified

Posted from TSR Mobile
He's a great player when you're 3-0 up against some Bulgarian post men, but I can't recall him ever doing anything in a game that was remotely important.

If Arsenal were 1-0 down at the Nou Camp with 10 minutes left, would you back him to change the game? Would you ****

He had plenty of big game performances last year, you're chatting *******s man
Original post by sr90
He looks absolutely terrified

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because you wouldn't be?

Messi doesn't just score past you...that would be too kind.
He makes you look like a Sunday League player while he does it...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
Because you wouldn't be?

Messi doesn't just score past you...that would be too kind.
He makes you look like a Sunday League player while he does it...

He just ripped the best team in the Premier league to shreds despite being half fit. It's a privilege just to watch him play, the game won't be the same when him and Ronaldo retire

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
He just ripped the best team in the Premier league to shreds despite being half fit. It's a privilege just to watch him play, the game won't be the same when him and Ronaldo retire

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's Messi for you - if you watch him you'll see how often he just walks around the pitch (Aguero is the same to a lesser extent). However he knows exactly when something is happening and just switches it on.

He's always been better than Ronaldo in my eyes. Ronaldo has had a very poor start to the season and we wasn't overly impressive in Euro 2016 as a player. All footballers drop off quality wise before they retire - how long does Ronaldo have?
I think Ronaldo's goal scoring exploits have overshadowed his diminishing performances in the last 18 months, yet he's still odds on to pick up he's second Balon d'Or in that time. Winning the major European trophies has also had a massive impact on how people perceive him.

For me he's the greatest goal scorer of all time, but doesn't touch Messi in terms of GOAT status.

Looking likely like it'll be 10 years since:
-Kaka won the Balon d'Or, the last player to beat Messi and Ronaldo.
-Someone outscored both in the champions league, which was also Kaka.
I don't imagine we'll get a pair so dominant ever again, they've made people rethink of what's considered to be a top goascorer. Just look at Bale who comfortably averages over a goal every other game for Real, and that's neither here no there in terms of impressiveness.
I think Ronaldo's goal scoring exploits have overshadowed his diminishing performances in the last 18 months, yet he's still odds on to pick up he's second Balon d'Or in that time. Winning the major European trophies has also had a massive impact on how people perceive him.

For me he's the greatest goal scorer of all time, but doesn't touch Messi in terms of GOAT status.

Looking likely like it'll be 10 years since:
-Kaka won the Balon d'Or, the last player to beat Messi and Ronaldo.
-Someone outscored both in the champions league, which was also Kaka.
I don't imagine we'll get a pair so dominant ever again, they've made people rethink of what's considered to be a top goascorer. Just look at Bale who comfortably averages over a goal every other game for Real, and that's neither here no there in terms of impressiveness.

I think I know what you're trying to say, but Messi scores more & there are several players from the past with better goals to game ratios. Eusebio, Puskas, Peyroteo... & Pele :eek:
Original post by Wilfred Little
I think I know what you're trying to say, but Messi scores more & there are several players from the past with better goals to game ratios. Eusebio, Puskas, Peyroteo... & Pele :eek:

That's fair enough, I perhaps got a little ahead of myself, but I still think you could argue his case as the greatest goalscorer of all time. Wrt to his goalscoring v Messi I feel that he's more of the natural goal scorer between the two, it's just that Messi is so good that he just scores bucket loads, if that makes sense?

Never heard of Peyroteo and had to look him up. Unreal record😂 No idea how strong the Portuguese first division was then but impressive none the less

Latest