The Student Room Group

2017 Consulting summer internships/Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foxab77
I have a Deloitte assessment centre coming up for management consultancy summer scheme. Anyone know when actual dates are released/any ideas?

Thank you.

Nope, they haven't told me anything, just that I've been invited.
Original post by Cerdic
Nope, they haven't told me anything, just that I've been invited.

When did you get invited? When did you apply also?
Anyone heard anything from BCG/Bain etc?
Can anyone help?

Original post by knighton
This may seem like a random question but how hard is it to get into consulting?
I am graduating in 2017 with a predicted First in economics from a middle of the road uni (non-target but not a polytechnic).
I have spent a year in industry at a bulge bracket investment bank and also have 3 months experience abroad volunteering.
I'm not really sure what my chances are.
Original post by Naomi12
Yeah, I got that today too. Planning to get it over and done with tomorrow as from Thursday I move into my uni house and we don't yet have wifi.. Good luck with yours!

How did your test go?

I have until Wednesday to do mine.

I would like to ask what advice you have regarding preparing for it?

How many questions does each test contain and what is the time limit for each test?

Also, which role did you apply to out of interest?

I applied to the Business Analyst role,
Original post by JessicaPearson
I've just been invited to sit a McKinsey numerical and verbal reasoning. Has anybody else?

I am guessing you have completed it by now?

Since I have until Wednesday to do mine, I would like to ask the same questions that I have asked Naomi12

How did it go?

What advice you have regarding preparing for it?

How many questions does each test contain and what is the time limit for each test?
Original post by midnight999
I am guessing you have completed it by now?

Since I have until Wednesday to do mine, I would like to ask the same questions that I have asked Naomi12

How did it go?

What advice you have regarding preparing for it?

Hello,

They were ok, just a standard SHL numerical and verbal reasoning. I'm not too keen on verbal reasoning but it wasn't ridiculously hard. To prepare I used Assessment Day and just went through a lot of of practice tests. To crack these psychometric tests you need to be able to work quickly but thoroughly and gaining those skills takes practice.

I'm sorry but I can't remember how many questions there were but if you click the link and go onto the SHL portal it will tell you. Don't worry, it'll be fine just make sure you prepare beforehand. Good luck! :smile:
Anyone able to give me a flavour of the EY strengths based telephone interview questions?
Anyone got any tips for the Oliver Wyman tests? I have heard they are supposed to be one of the hardest?
Original post by roflcakes1
Anyone heard anything from BCG/Bain etc?

I just got an invite from Bain for their logic test and fill out this academic achievements form. Does everyone get that invite?
Reply 130
Anyone had a response from DB past the online tests?
Original post by Pn94
Anyone had a response from DB past the online tests?

How did you find the test? Im Doing mine today
Original post by simmers391
Anyone able to give me a flavour of the EY strengths based telephone interview questions?

I detest it. It's so robotic
On hold for Assessment centre for both KPMG ( technology) and EY ( PI London) i hope i dont have to wait ages to hear back from them
Does anyone know if the deadline for the advisory graduate programme for Grant Thornton - London has passed? There seems to be vacancies for Manchester, Leeds etc but haven't seen anything on London despite checking regularly...
Original post by Clive Granger
Does anyone know if the deadline for the advisory graduate programme for Grant Thornton - London has passed? There seems to be vacancies for Manchester, Leeds etc but haven't seen anything on London despite checking regularly...

I was going to apply but decided not to in the end, however there were applications for the London one up about 3 weeks ago as I was so close to sending an application. Can't remember where exactly but keep searching
yo deloitte told me last week that i was invited to an asssessment centre for the consulting internship. Now they're telling me they're full up and that I should consider tax or audit. what a joke.
Original post by groovyd97
yo deloitte told me last week that i was invited to an asssessment centre for the consulting internship. Now they're telling me they're full up and that I should consider tax or audit. what a joke.

Wow no way that's bad surely they cwnt just change their mind! What you gonna do
Does anyone know if Capgemini Consulting is purely digital work?
Original post by groovyd97

Same thing happened to me. I also applied to PwC and did the online tests weeks ago and haven't heard anything since.

Quick Reply

Latest