The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Just got the email that my application is being considered further, exciting!
Original post by isabella1999

wohooo :smile:, when did you apply ? Did it say anything else about when interviews will start being sent out ?

Thanks.
Original post by nihil_nimis
wohooo :smile:, when did you apply ? Did it say anything else about when interviews will start being sent out ?

Thanks.

Not last Friday but thefriday before and nothing specific, it just said shortlisting for interviews could take some time and interviews run until spring 2017 :smile:
Reply 83

Awesome! :biggrin: High five, I got that too! I was wondering if this is just a general e-mail they send out to all applicants, or is it one of the first stages on narrowing down for the interviews?
Reply 84
Hey you guys!

Say I got multiple interview calls (lucky, but don't know if that would happen). How can I schedule them so they are all at the same time? Request the universities individually for a selected time-period? I am an international student, so wouldn't want to fly in multiple times.

Hope you guys get an offer (or offers) to med school. You've all worked very hard, and deserve it! :smile:
Original post by cheeku
Awesome! :biggrin: High five, I got that too! I was wondering if this is just a general e-mail they send out to all applicants, or is it one of the first stages on narrowing down for the interviews?

Well it said "admissions have seen your application and have n
now passed to tutor for further consideration" so i think they have rejected the no hopes (predictions nowehere near A*AA, didn't reach academic cut off, that kinda thing) ANd now it's just the serious people
Original post by cheeku
Hey you guys!

Say I got multiple interview calls (lucky, but don't know if that would happen). How can I schedule them so they are all at the same time? Request the universities individually for a selected time-period? I am an international student, so wouldn't want to fly in multiple times.

Hope you guys get an offer (or offers) to med school. You've all worked very hard, and deserve it! :smile:

MMI interviews are all together, you do all the interview stations one after the other in the same day.
Reply 87
MMI interviews are all together, you do all the interview stations one after the other in the same day.

He was talking about multiple universities' MMI not just one MMI.
Original post by chrisdale98

oh, my bad
Reply 89
Original post by chrisdale98

She, not he :tongue:
Reply 90
Original post by cheeku
She, not he :tongue:

My bad :biggrin:
Reply 91

I got this too. What doesn't this mean?
I haven't got this email ? :s-smilie:
Reply 93
Original post by stressed16
I haven't got this email ? :s-smilie:

I only got this email today. Other people got it yesterday. So idk. Maybe yours will come later today/tomorrow/next week. I honestly have no idea what the email means anyway. Maybe it's just a general email that gets sent when they've calculated your score and passed it on to the next group of people to assess your application.
Original post by KB_97
I only got this email today. Other people got it yesterday. So idk. Maybe yours will come later today/tomorrow/next week. I honestly have no idea what the email means anyway. Maybe it's just a general email that gets sent when they've calculated your score and passed it on to the next group of people to assess your application.

When did you send your application ?
Guys, this email isn't the anything special, I'm assuming it just filters out people who haven't got the minimum gcse requirement, a level (e.g hasn't taken chemistry/biology) etc... wouldn't worry if you haven't got one yet. The email doesn't have any indication whether you're more likely to get an interview as ukcat results are not released to the unis until a week or two thus Birmingham cannot start scoring applicants.
Reply 96
When did you send your application ?

12th oct. why?
Hey there fellow Birmingham applicants
I applied without actually going to the open day so anyone thats been whats your impressions. Obviously its a well reputed medical school and I had good reviews from people I know that went there but any extra details to add?
Reply 98
I haven't recieved a single email from Birmingham yet, not even an acknowledgement of my application. I've received confirmations from UCAS and my other unis but not from B'ham. Have checked my spam folder and nothing. Anyone else having this problem? Should I contact them to check or just leave it? Submitted my form almost 3 weeks ago now.
Reply 99
Original post by Orlanda
I haven't recieved a single email from Birmingham yet, not even an acknowledgement of my application. I've received confirmations from UCAS and my other unis but not from B'ham. Have checked my spam folder and nothing. Anyone else having this problem? Should I contact them to check or just leave it? Submitted my form almost 3 weeks ago now.

Hopefully it should be fine if UCAS have confirmed it.
However, I submitted my form around the same time as you and got an acknowledgment the day after, and then another email just under a fortnight ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending