The Student Room Group

A levels??

I've already decided that I'm going to take biology, chemistry and maths but for the fourth subject I can't choose between french, fine art and psychology.
I want to do Medicine at uni by the way.
As long as you meet the entry requirements it doesn't matter. Pick a subject that interests you in which you will do well.
French is a lot of work, and art is time consuming. Psychology is health related and less time consuming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by choc.chip.cookie
I've already decided that I'm going to take biology, chemistry and maths but for the fourth subject I can't choose between french, fine art and psychology.

French would expand your options, and then you could become a doctor in another country if you wanted to. Also, languages are in very high demand.
P.S I do French a level and I love it 😝😀
Original post by aieshacaitlin
French would expand your options, and then you could become a doctor in another country if you wanted to. Also, languages are in very high demand.
P.S I do French a level and I love it 😝😀

Do you find it easy or hard? Is it a massive step up from GCSE French? And do you actually have to know French fluently to do well in it?
Sorry about all the questions :colondollar:
Do you find it easy or hard? Is it a massive step up from GCSE French? And do you actually have to know French fluently to do well in it?
Sorry about all the questions :colondollar:

I personally haven't found it a huge step up yet. The first term is being spent consolidating GCSE knowledge which helps massively. I don't know French fluently and I got an A* at GCSE and am working at a B at a level currently. I think that it is my easiest subject. Hope I've helped! 😀🌻

I'd say Psychology since it's more related to Medicine but you don't have to pick a fourth as long you have good grades in these 3 subjects.
Original post by aieshacaitlin
I personally haven't found it a huge step up yet. The first term is being spent consolidating GCSE knowledge which helps massively. I don't know French fluently and I got an A* at GCSE and am working at a B at a level currently. I think that it is my easiest subject. Hope I've helped! 😀🌻

This is really helpful thank you 😊
Original post by Illimitable
I'd say Psychology since it's more related to Medicine but you don't have to pick a fourth as long you have good grades in these 3 subjects.

Ok, thanks for the advice :biggrin:
Ok, thanks for the advice :biggrin:

Welcome. :smile:
My sister is going for medicine and she really regretted taking art at as. It's really coursework heavy (obviously) and everything about it is so very time consuming. Do french or psychology and keep art as just a hobby!
Reply 11
Don't pick a 4th subject.. Truss me it'll help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest