The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fbiemad
Have any Economics applicants heard back from LSE after submitting their UMS form?

I got my 8 week email yesterday (applied 05/10, UMS asked 10/10)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by FHL123
Can anyone advise me on whether I should bother applying?
My other choices are ucl, kings, Warwick, Bham and maybe nots if not lse.
I got AAAB at AS and 4A*s 6As 1B at GCSE.
AAC at A level in maths econ and further maths
Retaking the C and taking history to A2
Want to apply to international relations and history

Which course at UCL are you applying to, i thought they didn't do IR. My choices after LSE are King's, Notts, Man and Bham. I have the same gcse results as you, but our school didn't do AS this year (apart from geography, i got an A thank god). What are your predicted grades? Im applying for just IR btw.
Reply 402
Original post by 17lina
Does anyone know how competitive it will be once we reach the further assessment stage? My course is 8:1 according to the website (maths with econ) and I wanted to know what we will be assessed from now on,,,

It actually has a 34% acceptance rate, so still competitive but not as competitive as 12.5%
Does anyone know how many offers they give out for straight econ and how many people usually apply for that course ?
Original post by smiley444
Does anyone know how many offers they give out for straight econ and how many people usually apply for that course ?

It's on the website, I have no idea why people ask questions like this.
Original post by Themathsdebater

Well i've already looked mate and I can't find it, however, the majority of people on the student room are willing to help each other out...
Reply 406
Original post by smiley444
Well i've already looked mate and I can't find it, however, the majority of people on the student room are willing to help each other out...

Every course has the statistics for applications and places last year on the main page for the course. Here is the course page for BSc Economics: http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/DegreeProgrammes2017/economics/L101_BSc_Econ.aspx
Original post by Themathsdebater

Original post by JohnGreek
You evidently didn't look well enough. This is literally the first result on Google. http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/DegreeProgrammes2016/economics/L101_BSc_Econ.aspx

TBH this figure is acceptances not offers so it doesn't actually answer their question... You can find offer rates by looking on freedom of information requests.
Original post by JohnGreek
Or by looking at Whichuni. But I honestly couldn't be bothered to go through FOI requests for someone who's too lazy to do it themselves.

Lol that's why I didn't and just said it, WhichUni only has data for the last year so I find FOI easier, there's a search function so it's never too hard to find
Original post by domaths
I got my 8 week email yesterday (applied 05/10, UMS asked 10/10)

Ok thanks. I applied on 10/10 so I guess I have to wait a few more days.
Original post by Fbiemad
Actually you might hear sooner since the number of applicants is less.
However, they give out offers in small groups. Usually they responded on Thursdays and Fridays.

Last year, there were days that they just rejected people and days when they just gave out offers. It was very stressing. :biggrin:

:biggrin: haha. I have to agree. I have seniors who received offer for Econs very early and those who have to wait a while longer.
Hope your offer come super early so you dont have to be so stressed !
Reply 411
It's another Thursday again! :redface:
Reply 412
Original post by TighFR
I got my initial assessment email like 2-3 hours ago. I'm applying for Maths AND Econ. Poor GCSE's with 4 A*'s 3 A's 1 B and 3 C's but I'm Predicted A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths and Economics (achieved AAAA at AS, History being my 4th subject).

What makes you think they're poor gcses? average A* for that course is about 4 but it's just an average. People with a range of A*s get offers.

I'm applying to Maths with Economics btw, still haven't sent off my ucas tho.
LSE mailed me that they require predicted grades to be sent from the school email id . I applied to UCAS via an educational consultant (I am an international applicant). Did anyone else get same kind of response from LSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still no initial assessment email...
Original post by Lauren1498x
Still no initial assessment email...

When did you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Akhil1999.gs
When did you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

7/10 :s-smilie: still nervous though
7/10 :s-smilie: still nervous though

I applied on 12th of October

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Akhil1999.gs
I applied on 12th of October

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course? I figured because mine is govt&history it could take longer than say Econ but I'm still nervous
What course? I figured because mine is govt&history it could take longer than say Econ but I'm still nervous

Bsc finance. Its a new course though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending