The Student Room Group

Ozil vs De Bruyne vs Mata vs Coutinho vs Hazard

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
KDB
Hazard/Ozil
Coutinho
Mata

Mata/Couthinho not at that level imo. I'd say Mata is a pretty average player myself, Eriksen/Mkhitaryan/Firminho/Cazorla etc are all a level above

He is very average. I agree with your ratings.
Original post by sr90
Coutinho shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as some of those other names and nor should Mata. Far too inconsistent.

De Bruyne is the best attacking midfielder in the league. A tad depressing to think that he's younger than me. Or to think that City bought him for the same amount we pissed away on Schneiderlin, Memphis & Darmian who can't even make our bench.

Both very competent players that are being wasted away by Mourinho. They are not world class players but can fit into a system that can win a league.
Original post by xmertic
I'd rank them as follows;

1. De Bruyne
2. Coutinho
3. Ozil
4. Mata
5. Hazard

Justifying my ranking:

De Bruyne above Coutinho because his impact on the City squad is huge, they haven't won in five games, since he got injured. Coutinho just isn't as influential to me and he's part of a worse squad (so he has the potential to make himself look even better.

Ozil above Mata because he gets more game time and has his consistency and form down over Mata who, barely gets a sniff. However, whenever Mata has played he's usually done something important and influential, which Hazard doesn't/hasn't so much. Hazard is so inconsistent, despite showing signs of previous form this season, that for now he has to reside bottom for me.

End of season prediction:

By the end of the season I think the rankings will clearly change. I'm also going to take in to account things like expected game time (which is why Mata will be bottom, because I doubt Mourinho will give him many chances or a run of games).

1. De Bruyme
2. Coutinho
3. Ozil
4. Hazard
5. Mata

Hazard inconsistent? I mean he was **** last year but if you think he's so inconsistent then you are literally dense.

Coutinho second? Have a word. With your carer.
Kdb or Hazard for me at the top , then comes everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
"have a word with your carer" I'm ****ing done. I do question the mental status of anybody who doesn't put Coutinho at least 4th.
Original post by xmertic
I'd rank them as follows;

1. De Bruyne
2. Coutinho
3. Ozil
4. Mata
5. Hazard

Justifying my ranking:

De Bruyne above Coutinho because his impact on the City squad is huge, they haven't won in five games, since he got injured. Coutinho just isn't as influential to me and he's part of a worse squad (so he has the potential to make himself look even better.

Ozil above Mata because he gets more game time and has his consistency and form down over Mata who, barely gets a sniff. However, whenever Mata has played he's usually done something important and influential, which Hazard doesn't/hasn't so much. Hazard is so inconsistent, despite showing signs of previous form this season, that for now he has to reside bottom for me.

End of season prediction:

By the end of the season I think the rankings will clearly change. I'm also going to take in to account things like expected game time (which is why Mata will be bottom, because I doubt Mourinho will give him many chances or a run of games).

1. De Bruyme
2. Coutinho
3. Ozil
4. Hazard
5. Mata

You think Hazard is that bad? You need your head sorting out tbh:l

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ItisAyaz
You think Hazard is that bad? You need your head sorting out tbh:l

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well none of the five players in question are bad mate, so no. He's good, he's just so inconsistent it's hard to justify him being ranked higher.

Same with Ibrahimovic, I absolutely love the guy, he's a god to me. But this season I wouldn't lie to myself and say he's better than Diego Costa or Aguero, because they're banging them in
Reply 27
Original post by Taran001
Pogba!!! POGBOOM!!!

He's only showed up now. Did he go missing in this thread as well?
Original post by xmertic
Well none of the five players in question are bad mate, so no. He's good, he's just so inconsistent it's hard to justify him being ranked higher.

Same with Ibrahimovic, I absolutely love the guy, he's a god to me. But this season I wouldn't lie to myself and say he's better than Diego Costa or Aguero, because they're banging them in

Hazard only had 1 bad season tbh! & you can say the same about Ozils first season tbh? Mata at Utd last year?
& if you are saying hazard is inconsistent you could say the same about coutinho? & Kdb is better than all of those tbh
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmy Seville

Hazard inconsistent? I mean he was **** last year but if you think he's so inconsistent then you are literally dense.

He is inconsistent, he flopped an entire season and couldn't score until the last couple of weeks.
Reply 30
Original post by HopelessMedic
He is inconsistent, he flopped an entire season and couldn't score until the last couple of weeks.

Goals in the prem

Year Coutinho Hazard
2013/14 5 14
2014/15 5 14
2015/16 8 4

Well, that tells a story.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jimmy Seville

Hazard
Firstly, Joe Allen, Milner and Capoue have scored as many goals as Hazard this season, with Milner and Capoue having more assists. Even Michael Antonio has scored more than Hazard this season and he's only just had an England call up! So I ask, how am I dense for questioning Hazard fulfilling his potential?

Statistically, Milner, Capoue, Mane, Chadli and Son Heung Min are all better than him so far this season. If that doesn't prove a lack of consistency and effectiveness, what else does? Hazard, with his potential considered, should be competing with wingers like Sanchez, Mane and I only add this person due to their stats so far, but Walcott as well.

Walcott - 5 Goals, 2 assists and 61% shooting accuracy.
Sanchez - 4 Goals, 3 assists and 63% SA.
Antonio - 5 Goals, 0 assists and 45% SA
Son - 4 Goals, 2 Assists and 54% SA
Mane - 4 Goals, 2 Assists and 67% SA
Sterling - 4 Goals, 2 Assists and 64% SA
Hazard - 4 Goals, 0 assists and 52% SA

For someone of Hazards, 'quality', he should be in the top 3 at least.

Coutinho v De Bruyne
So far this season, I won't beat around the bush, Coutinho is better statistically. But De Bruyne has been injured and has had a far bigger impact, proven I like to think by Man City's absence of a win in five games, coincidentally since he got injured.

I believe by the end of the season, the tables will have turned and stat for stat, De Bruyne will be better.

Before you start criticizing me, do your homework! I bet you feel so dense right now...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ItisAyaz
Hazard only had 1 bad season tbh! & you can say the same about Ozils first season tbh? Mata at Utd last year?
& if you are saying hazard is inconsistent you could say the same about coutinho? & Kdb is better than all of those tbh
Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know mate, I really like Hazard, I do. But I find him to be the same as Ibra. Some days, no-one is better, but then they have long spells where they do nothing :/

I agree with your point about Mata, Ozil etc. But talking about this season alone, De Bruyne was on fire before injury, Coutinho's form has shown no signs of slowing, Mata effective in every game he's been given a chance in almost, Ozil and Hazard have been almost the same as each other
Reply 33
Over the year and current form:

De Bruyne, Ozil, Coutinho, Mata, Hazard.
Original post by SGHD26716
Goals in the prem

Year Coutinho Hazard
2013/14 5 14
2014/15 5 14
2015/16 8 4

Well, that tells a story.

Theres no doubt he's better than Coutinho, but you can't call Hazard consistent or even world class imo. When has Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Neymar, Ibra ect ever gone missing for an entire year? Hazard is quality but way too hyped up
Reply 35
Theres no doubt he's better than Coutinho, but you can't call Hazard consistent or even world class imo. When has Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Neymar, Ibra ect ever gone missing for an entire year? Hazard is quality but way too hyped up

Last season, everyone bar Willian went missing. It's hard enough in the Premier League where every team is decent and when your whole team is doing crap, it obviously makes it harder to score.
Last season, everyone bar Willian went missing. It's hard enough in the Premier League where every team is decent and when your whole team is doing crap, it obviously makes it harder to score.

Fair point, but his own level of performance was shocking. Even in a bad team you an try and make things happen, but he was hiding in a lot of games and looked like he couldn't be bothered.

Besides Hazard is one of those players that can score goals by himself, its not like he relies on others . He's scored plenty of individual goals before, but last season he did nothing.
Reply 37
Fair point, but his own level of performance was shocking. Even in a bad team you an try and make things happen, but he was hiding in a lot of games and looked like he couldn't be bothered.

Besides Hazard is one of those players that can score goals by himself, its not like he relies on others . He's scored plenty of individual goals before, but last season he did nothing.

Fair. You know I still don't know what happened last year with Chelsea.
Fair. You know I still don't know what happened last year with Chelsea.

Probably a mixture of complacency after winning the league and Mourinho losing his touch
He's only showed up now. Did he go missing in this thread as well?

Ozil Hazard De Bruyne's first seasons wern't great at all this time next year he will be better mark my words

Quick Reply

Latest