The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SA-1
No he doesn't. He needs time and around three more players to adapt.

Lay off him

Hehe :wink:

United have significantly improved in this half tbh; deservedly lead but you'd expect no less looking at the team sheets.

It's a win-win tbh; either United get embarrassed or City have no win in 7 :biggrin:
Pretty sure the stats on games we win with Mata compared to those we don't are pretty marked. Hopefully this is another one of those games.
We're getting awfully deep now.
You certainly deserve to win but the officials have been noticeably poor tonight.
Pep is Bald.

(edited 7 years ago)
Well Jose 1- Pep 1

You can tell Jose's ego was massively lifted :lol:
Much better second half performance!
Original post by trapking
Well Jose 1- Pep 1

You can tell Jose's ego was massively lifted :lol:

I wouldn't call it revenge considering City clearly didn't care about this game...
Reply 4548
Original post by Dirtybit
Pep is Bald.

You know this guy uses polisher. Guys head looking shinier than a bowling ball.
Original post by Lúcio
I wouldn't call it revenge considering City clearly didn't care about this game...

Pep still hella mad he lost doe...
Pep still hella mad he lost doe...

I think he'll care more about the performance than the fact they're out of the cup.

City were bloody dreadful. Even with reserves it was an abomination on their part.
You weren't exactly impressive but you didn't even have to be to beat them!

Mike Dean helped you out a bit though.

I'd take anybody but Arsenal and Newcastle in the draw pls
Original post by bammy jastard 27
You know this guy uses polisher. Guys head looking shinier than a bowling ball.

He tryna be the spanish Morris Chestnut so bad

Original post by Lúcio
I think he'll care more about the performance than the fact they're out of the cup.

He'll care that now it's 6 games without a win. His worst longest winless run ever.
Original post by Lúcio

City were bloody dreadful. Even with reserves it was an abomination on their part.
You weren't exactly impressive but you didn't even have to be to beat them!

Mike Dean helped you out a bit though.

Of course he's not that bothered about the EFL cup since they have CL and PL to worry about but he still wants to win every game.

They weren't as bad as you're making it out to be....

They had very good build up but not really clinical/poor final passes in the final third. Other than that they were good in the build up that's for sure.
4-4-2 Diamond with our players all pressing and full backs providing the width is the way to go ya'll
Of course he's not that bothered about the EFL cup since they have CL and PL to worry about but he still wants to win every game.

They weren't as bad as you're making it out to be....

They had very good build up but not really clinical/poor final passes in the final third. Other than that they were good in the build up that's for sure.

The fact that he fielded a reserve side and you played full strength was an indicator of who needed to win this game more.

They were decent in midfield at times but going forward, they were embarrassing. First time in over 4 years they haven't registered a shot on target in a game.

Pogba and Zlatan were awful. Herrera and Valencia really are excellent at putting a real shift in though. DDG could've stayed at home.
West ham yeah?
Crisis over again then?
Second half an improvement - namely from Ibrahimovic and Pogba. Former helped with his harassing of their centre-backs and assisted with the goal. Rojo and Blind fairly untroubled

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dirtybit
West ham yeah?

Edit: **** sake i typed this when the draw has already been done :facepalm2: West ham it is.

I'm tired.
(edited 7 years ago)
Performance wise it wasn't great but coming off a loss a win against rivals to stay in the cup is good. I liked the team selection overall all thing considered. Good to see a more balanced midfield set up, and good to see Jose bringing on Morgan instead of a more familar choice in Fellaini. The choice of Lingard over Young was fair, but over Depay suggests quite clearly Jose has reservations over his defensive skills and decision making. Need to improve those if he wants to be selected in these tighter games.

Original post by Lúcio
The fact that he fielded a reserve side and you played full strength was an indicator of who needed to win this game more.
While our side was stronger than theirs, their team is deeper than ours. I don't think they played a particularly weakened side they are mostly all first team players. While the likes of Navas, Sane and Iheanacho aren't first choices they are no more reserve options than Mata, Carrick or Rojo. The only reserve option you could say were Maffeo and Garcia. Plus when you consider Jose as a manager and Pep as a manager, I don't think either took the game more seriously. Jose was never going to do an LVG and bring some kid you'd never heard of from the academy. Only name who you thought could have realistically featured in a cup game for us might have been Darmian.

Latest