The Student Room Group

To those of you who speak two languages. What language is your inner monologue in?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ammmaaaraah
Yeah, I speak Urdu when I need to and I can sort of understand/speak a bit Arabic

Can you think in urdu?
English
i don't get it if this is a troll because of apparently loads of threads of the same thing then why would you troll with this? it's just a normal question lol
Original post by sameehaiqbal
English

Are you bilingual?
Original post by Squish•
i don't get it if this is a troll because of apparently loads of threads of the same thing then why would you troll with this? it's just a normal question lol

Are you bilingual?
Original post by michaeldeport
Are you bilingual?

No i'm straight
Original post by Squish•
No i'm straight

haha
Reply 67

Can you think in any other languages?

Yes I can think in maithili too. its not a very common language, just one of the 22 official languages of India. But i only think in it rarely, depending on the situation and who I'm talking to
(edited 7 years ago)
I speak 3 languages (Polish, English and Spanish), it depends on the situation I'm in and what I'm thinking about. When I'm around my Polish family, I think in Polish, when I'm on the internet searching for stuff /watching things or around an English environment, I think in English whereas around my Spanish friends I tend to think in Spanish. But it still varies.
Also, I think that since I grew up going to a British school (in Spain) and bc of the internet, generally I'm more comfortable thinking in English but when I talk to myself while I'm doing something, I talk/think in Polish. It´s kinda weird but this just comes naturally to me.
So what language do you think in ?

For me the language I am thinking in depends on the topic I am thinking of, it may sound strange but it's true. When I count however I always do so in Dutch because counting in English (even in real life AND with £'s) feels wrong to me :colone:
Original post by Gabriela.K
I speak 3 languages (Polish, English and Spanish), it depends on the situation I'm in and what I'm thinking about. When I'm around my Polish family, I think in Polish, when I'm on the internet searching for stuff /watching things or around an English environment, I think in English whereas around my Spanish friends I tend to think in Spanish. But it still varies.
Also, I think that since I grew up going to a British school (in Spain) and bc of the internet, generally I'm more comfortable thinking in English but when I talk to myself while I'm doing something, I talk/think in Polish. It´s kinda weird but this just comes naturally to me.

1) Can you think in Polish?
2) Can you think in English?
3) Can you think in Spanish?
4) Can you think in any other language?
5) What age did you learn all 3 languages?
1) Can you think in Polish?
2) Can you think in English?
3) Can you think in Spanish?
4) Can you think in any other language?
5) What age did you learn all 3 languages?

Yeah, I can perfectly think in Polish, English and Spanish. And I can't really think in any other language, maybe when I'm doing French homework I can think a little in French but I'm not fluent in it so...
I learnt Polish first as a native language since that's where I was born and my family is from but then I moved to Spain when I was 2 and a half years old and then I went to a British school there. So I learnt English and Spanish at the same time and I was so little I can't really remember learning them, so basically I learnt all 3 languages at such an early age that I speak them all as if they were my native languages.
Usually think in english or german... :biggrin:
But I can think in bengali and spanish as well
Combo
Original post by Rhaenys10
Combo

What does that mean?
Still making the same thread are we, I think OP is mentally ill irl. Only some form of illness could explain the fascination with making the same thread every day.

And worse yet, you don't even just do it on TSR. I was on Reddit the other day and saw you'd made one there.

Get a life you sad, strange child.
Original post by Inexorably
Still making the same thread are we, I think OP is mentally ill irl. Only some form of illness could explain the fascination with making the same thread every day.

And worse yet, you don't even just do it on TSR. I was on Reddit the other day and saw you'd made one there.

Get a life you sad, strange child.

Mate, if you don't like, get off the thread. I'm not troubling you. For all you know I may want responses for a certain PhD I'm doing.
Original post by IseeIceland
Speak polish and english- mostly english, sometimes when Im talking to Polish people it turns to Polish, or if Im in Poland for a long time

So you can think in polish and english, but you prefer to think in english?
Original post by IseeIceland
i can think in both but its a lot easier to think in english cos I'm around english people all the time and have lived here all my life-

can you think in any other languages?
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending