The Student Room Group

How do you stop yourself from giving up?

I don't know if it is just me but sometimes I just feel like **** this it is mainly due to the stress of doing A levels. How do you guys feel?
Reply 1
I think that if you have a goal in life, you'll work to it no matter what it takes even if sometimes are hard. As i know when i reach it i can chill
Reply 2
Original post by Lucky10
I think that if you have a goal in life, you'll work to it no matter what it takes even if sometimes are hard. As I know when I reach it I can chill

yeah I understand I have goals in life and aims but sometimes it justs gets a bit much
Reply 3
Take a break, don't do any work for a day or so and do things you enjoy to just de-stress.
Then after that work at a slow pace to ease yourself back into a routine. Don't go into hardcore revision straightaway.

Also if you find that you have a lot to do, set your priorities and go through them in small intervals so you don't overwhelm yourself with how much you have to do.
Original post by βradley
I don't know if it is just me but sometimes I just feel like **** this it is mainly due to the stress of doing A levels. How do you guys feel?

I felt exactly the same when I was doing my A Levels, due to both the A Levels themselves, and other factors such as issues with friends and problems at home. I suffered from both stress and depression throughout my time in sixth form, however I did manage to get through it. It may help if you think about what you want to do beyond A Levels, such as a degree or job, to give yourself a good reason for getting the work done and to help get some of your motivation back.

Also, don't be afraid or embarrassed to seek help if you feel like you're getting overwhelmed, there are many ways to get support for issues such as stress, whether that's from within your college, your doctor, family, or online self help resources, for example :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by βradley
yeah I understand I have goals in life and aims but sometimes it justs gets a bit much

It's understandable it gets hard, but to cope under stress the best thing to do is to ensure you are well organised,it will deduce a lot of pressure. Use your time wisely
Reply 6
Original post by Leviathan1741
I felt exactly the same when I was doing my A Levels, due to both the A Levels themselves, and other factors such as issues with friends and problems at home. I suffered from both stress and depression throughout my time in sixth form, however I did manage to get through it. It may help if you think about what you want to do beyond A Levels, such as a degree or job, to give yourself a good reason for getting the work done and to help get some of your motivation back.

Also, don't be afraid or embarrassed to seek help if you feel like you're getting overwhelmed, there are many ways to get support for issues such as stress, whether that's from within your college, your doctor, family, or online self help resources, for example

thank you, I'm glad I, not the only one who felt this way I think its just because I'm not used to this amount of stress but I'm coping thanks for the advice.
Original post by βradley
thank you, I'm glad I, not the only one who felt this way I think its just because I'm not used to this amount of stress but I'm coping thanks for the advice.

You're welcome, good luck with the rest of your A Levels :h:
Reply 8
Original post by aamirac
Take a break, don't do any work for a day or so and do things you enjoy to just de-stress.
Then after that work at a slow pace to ease yourself back into a routine. Don't go into hardcore revision straightaway.

Also if you find that you have a lot to do, set your priorities and go through them in small intervals so you don't overwhelm yourself with how much you have to do.

Yeah I just find it hard to take a break sometimes because i just feel like i have so much to do and i have found that keeping everything organised has helped me a lot one of my friends suggested keeping super organised and it has helped a lot.
Reply 9
Original post by Lucky10
It's understandable it gets hard, but to cope under stress the best thing to do is to ensure you are well organised,it will deduce a lot of pressure. Use your time wisely

I have been keeping really organised and it has helped a lot, I will take your advice onboard.
Reply 10
Original post by Leviathan1741
You're welcome, good luck with the rest of your A Levels

Thankyou
Original post by βradley
I have been keeping really organised and it has helped a lot, I will take your advice onboard.

Don't worry about it. Best of luck with your A-levels!!
Reply 12
Original post by Lucky10
Don't worry about it. Best of luck with your A-levels!!

Thank you
Original post by βradley
Yeah I just find it hard to take a break sometimes because i just feel like i have so much to do and i have found that keeping everything organised has helped me a lot one of my friends suggested keeping super organised and it has helped a lot.

Yeah trust me, I know the feeling. :redface:
But I seriously, seriously, do recommend taking a break. You'll be thankful for it later on since you don't want to burn yourself out by exam season.

Keeping things organised is a great start! Just make sure you get things done at your own pace that's comfortable for you. :console:

Quick Reply

Latest