The Student Room Group

Amazon Pantry

Has anyone had any experience with Amazon Pantry? Does it turn out cheaper/would you recommend it over a supermarket?

Looking for alternatives to just visiting a local supermarket.
had no idea it existed, thanks aha :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by goatygoat
had no idea it existed, thanks aha :biggrin:

Haha no worries, I was literally told about it today. Need to know how student friendly it is!
Original post by AMalcolm

Looking for alternatives to just visiting a local supermarket.

Having had a look at the prices, it seems to be priced around the typical tesco/asda pricing without the offers. Pretty damn good by online grocery standards though
Reply 4
Prime Now is amazing. Things are delivered within 2 hours.
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
Prime Now is amazing. Things are delivered within 2 hours.

Unfortunately isn't available in my area
Reply 6
Original post by goatygoat
Having had a look at the prices, it seems to be priced around the typical tesco/asda pricing without the offers. Pretty damn good by online grocery standards though

It does indeed seem reasonable, but in terms of buying a weeks worth of shopping, i'm unsure.
Reply 7
Original post by AMalcolm
Unfortunately isn't available in my area

You'll have to move then :sad:

The advantages of online shopping are that you know how much you're spending before the payment - you don't get to the till and realise you chucked too much in (well, you do, but then you haven't got an annoyed cashier who has to put it all back). So you can plan your budget better as if it is too much you just remove things.

With Amazon Pantry, you have to have Amazon Prime. One of the banks is offering this as a free incentive, or you can get a 6 month free trial with their Student programme (and then get Prime for £40 per year). You do get Amazon TV which I've found isn't particularly good, but I'm fussy, and then free next day delivery on most items - and same day delivery on some things. So if you're wanting the other benefits it's a good idea, but otherwise you're paying £40 for a year's delivery of grocery shopping.
Reply 8
Original post by Juno
You'll have to move then :sad:

The advantages of online shopping are that you know how much you're spending before the payment - you don't get to the till and realise you chucked too much in (well, you do, but then you haven't got an annoyed cashier who has to put it all back). So you can plan your budget better as if it is too much you just remove things.

With Amazon Pantry, you have to have Amazon Prime. One of the banks is offering this as a free incentive, or you can get a 6 month free trial with their Student programme (and then get Prime for £40 per year). You do get Amazon TV which I've found isn't particularly good, but I'm fussy, and then free next day delivery on most items - and same day delivery on some things. So if you're wanting the other benefits it's a good idea, but otherwise you're paying £40 for a year's delivery of grocery shopping.

Yeah i do have amazon prime student at £39 a year.

Tesco is £60 a year for delivery though compared.

Amazon Pantry is 99p per delivery
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending