The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Safe to say Pogba is the most technically gifted midfielder in the PL.
Original post by trapking
and the fact that we are one of the biggest clubs in the world that many players dream of playing for....

No one really "dreams" of playing for Liverpool let's be honest. You're a small club :wink:

You have the legacy but - like Liverpool - it will fade if you don't improve.

We have one of the most charismatic managers in the world and a system that promotes teamwork and development. We're an absolute dream for any young players and that's exactly the market we aim for.

You get the big players because you happy to pay them £300k a week, not because they care about the club and it's development...
Original post by Lúcio

We have one of the most charismatic managers in the world and a system that promotes teamwork and development. We're an absolute dream for any young players and that's exactly the market we aim for.

You get the big players because you happy to pay them £300k a week, not because they care about the club and it's development...

Nah true man utd players understand what it means to wear the shirt. It's blood,tears and passion.

i can't wait till your team starts bottling it. It's gonna be funny af after all this Liverpool hype.
Nah true man utd players understand what it means to wear the shirt. It's blood,tears and passion.

i can't wait till your team starts bottling it. It's gonna be funny af after all this Liverpool hype.

They really don't and they haven't since SAF left.

He was a man that inspired you and made you want to play for him and a club. Ever since then there's been a complete lack of respect, compounded by the idea that you'll desperately pay players whatever cash they want if they'll play for you.

Depends on what you mean by "bottle it". Last season we finished outside European places so the immediate aim is to finish in a EL position. Therefore you could argue that as long as we don't finish lower than 6th, we haven't bottled anything :smile:
Original post by Lúcio

Don't disagree, play entertaining football too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dirtybit

Well, Basti
Original post by Lúcio
They really don't and they haven't since SAF left.

He was a man that inspired you and made you want to play for him and a club. Ever since then there's been a complete lack of respect, compounded by the idea that you'll desperately pay players whatever cash they want if they'll play for you.

Depends on what you mean by "bottle it". Last season we finished outside European places so the immediate aim is to finish in a EL position. Therefore you could argue that as long as we don't finish lower than 6th, we haven't bottled anything :smile:

That's not how it works pal. If you're around the top of the league for two thirds of the season and end up coming 6th, that's bottling regardless of if 6th is still better than last year
Original post by difeo
That's not how it works pal. If you're around the top of the league for two thirds of the season and end up coming 6th, that's bottling regardless of if 6th is still better than last year

Well we'll see where everybody is at Xmas. We're top after the hardest fixtures, however it's no secret that we excel in the bigger games.

At the end of the year we might have dropped to 5th - it's literally that right right now.
Original post by difeo

It's not bottling it if you were never really aiming for top, it would have been just a nice added bonus. I'd be happy with EL, and I'm sure pretty much every other LFC fan would say the same. Because that's what we are aiming for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
It's not bottling it if you were never really aiming for top, it would have been just a nice added bonus. I'd be happy with EL, and I'm sure pretty much every other LFC fan would say the same. Because that's what we are aiming for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly.

There's only 5 points between 1st and 5th, yet United fans starting to develop the notion that we're bottlers if we don't finish top 4.
We've just had a good start to the season and haven't even played every team yet...
Lallana at £25mill.

Martial at £36mill.

Talk about value m8.
Reply 5191
Lallana was good value for money and Mane has been better than Martial.

Martial is costing more over the long term too because it rises to 60M.
Original post by Rk2k14
Lallana at £25mill.

Martial at £36mill.

Talk about value m8.

Are you actually being serious? 😂
Strong maths by RK there.

I wish we got Mane over Memphis. Don't care what anyone says Mane is an amazing player.
Strong maths by RK there.

I wish we got Mane over Memphis. Don't care what anyone says Mane is an amazing player.

Mane was a gamble because of his inconsistency, it was simple, if he could maintain his performances all year, a great signing, otherwise, decent. I don't regret it, what on earth would we do with Mane anyway, just forget about Mata/Mkhi/rashford

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Lallana was good value for money and Mane has been better than Martial.

Martial is costing more over the long term too because it rises to 60M.

That depends on what he actually achieves, like £10mill is if he wins the Ballon d'Or and £5mill for the golden boot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by That Bearded Man
Mane was a gamble because of his inconsistency, it was simple, if he could maintain his performances all year, a great signing, otherwise, decent. I don't regret it, what on earth would we do with Mane anyway, just forget about Mata/Mkhi/rashford

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ideally I would prefer Mkhitaryan playing on the right instead of Lingard. He's better than Lingard yet Lingard still gets preference it pisses me off :frown:

Our wingers should be Martial on the left and Mkhitaryan on the right! Also Martial is being benched a lot lately as well..
[video="youtube;2zZzRRgXN0M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zZzRRgXN0M[/video]

That Zlatan miss @1:22 against Liverpool pains me everytime I watch it...all he had to do was get it on target :frown:
not when they have sterling! Pep really likes Sterling. Totally different player under Guardiola has had an impressive season so far :smile:

I think a german team or italian team will take Depay. Mourinho seems not to favour him

i wish mou wil just improve deepay instead of dropping them
i dont think he has the ability to guide good young players like deepay through the last mile to push them towards world class
what pep did for sterling so what mou lacks
i thought mou who worked in barca will have the same principles but it seems he left it behind

seriously i dont know why u will dethrone martial when he was playing very well last season as main striker
it shows that mou dont trust young players. Look how the british media put pressure on him to play rashford more regularly.

i hope he leaves i want someone like Simeone
Original post by Dirtybit

so i see man changed the avatar to Pogba
r u not feeling martial anymore?

Latest