The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bmd2
Someone said last years thread got theirs at the end of November. I stalked some of the undergraduate threads and Birmingham have already started giving out rejections for the 5yr course.

I also saw that some unis have verbally confirmed that they got the UKCAT results on Monday! So I reckon we'll start hearing in 3weeks or so x

Yeah I just stalked some threads from last year...guess by then end of this month most of us should know where we stand ...eek...

Can't recall if I saw interview dates on their website, will have to double check!
Original post by Charades24
Thank you.. This was for the seperate application form? And not just UCAS confirmation?.... I received confirmation my UCAS application had been received but no confirmation about my seperate application form...

No worries! Yes it was. I got a confirmation email about my UCAS application on the 17/10, and another confirmation email about my separate application on the 24/10.

If you are worried, the best thing to do is to email them. Perhaps say you know someone that has received a confirmation, and you were wondering if they received your complete application because you didn't get that email. Have your spoken to your referee? Has he/she definitely sent in the reference and on time?

Did you apply to Wolfson too? It might be different for different colleges?
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but for MMIs, does everyone get the same questions?
Original post by carbon_
I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but for MMIs, does everyone get the same questions?

Yes they do. Each interviewer gives the same question, and the applicants just move from one interviewer to another.
Original post by mindlesss
Yes they do. Each interviewer gives the same question, and the applicants just move from one interviewer to another.

Cool, thank you!
Did anyone else just get an email from Nottingham. I just got one saying thanks for the application and we're still considering it bla bla bla and it scared me because before I even opened the email I was like but I don't even have my gamsat scores yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2246
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
Did anyone else just get an email from Nottingham. I just got one saying thanks for the application and we're still considering it bla bla bla and it scared me because before I even opened the email I was like but I don't even have my gamsat scores yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It took Swansea and Nottingham a couple of weeks to acknowledge my application and I applied very early :smile:
Original post by dr_2b
It took Swansea and Nottingham a couple of weeks to acknowledge my application and I applied very early :smile:

I've already had one acknowledgement. This is a second one.
Original post by Skido
Hey I m a Biomed first year, and my goal is to apply at the end of second year for 2017 entry. :biggrin:. But i wanted to ask something, I am an EU student, and I know that many unis ask for A levels too, and I am not sure if my ones are equivalent, because I took a foundation year before I entered my course. So my question is does a Science foundation year count at all during the application process? or you defo need to have A leves or equivelents? Also does anyone know if taking a first aid 3 day course(which looks quite expensive) would be useful for the work experience part of the application? thank you.

My predicted grades are
A - Biology
B - Maths
D*D* in applied science
I got a c - health and social care AS
I got a B - chemistry AS
Im going to study biomed so do i have a chance for graduate entry medicine?
any Cambridge interviews?
Original post by Ama2007
any Cambridge interviews?

Haven't heard from them yet. Have you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thelusa
Haven't heard from them yet. Have you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah am just waiting for a any good news lol

I need it !!!!
I haven't heard either, we will hear anytime between now and 15/11 :frown:
Original post by carbon_
I haven't heard either, we will hear anytime between now and 15/11 :frown:

for what uni?

Cambridge gave out their interviews 8th Nov 2 years ago...I just looked at my emails
Original post by Ama2007
for what uni?

Cambridge gave out their interviews 8th Nov 2 years ago...I just looked at my emails

Cambridge! LC said the 'posting' date for interview decisions is 15/11, so we will hear by then. I really hope it is sooner than that...hopefully next two days! Yeah, but last year they gave it out 12/11, so it is hard to tell when they will :frown:
Original post by carbon_
Cambridge! LC said the 'posting' date for interview decisions is 15/11, so we will hear by then. I really hope it is sooner than that...hopefully next two days! Yeah, but last year they gave it out 12/11, so it is hard to tell when they will :frown:

Really?

Where did they say that? I havent received any communication from LC?
Original post by Ama2007
Really?

Where did they say that? I havent received any communication from LC?

My friend emailed them. I will send you their reply by PM!
Also bare in mind, in the LC thread last year, they initially said people will find out on 15/11, and then changed it to 12/11 closer to the date..so I think 15/11 is a deadline for them, but it is likely we will hear before then!
Now it has hit November time seems to have slowed down remarkably...
Reply 2259
hello! applied for graduate medicine at barts, newcastle and southampton, and undergraduate medicine at Kings. bioscience degree (2:1) and 750 on UKCAT.

Kings contacted me yesterday asking for my degree transcript - why would they be doing this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending