The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
Ah ok, thanks for your help! Where else have you applied?

Oxford (lol) Warwick Edinburgh and St Andrews! You?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by jrcouchman
10th october and yeah sat my AS exams, is it something they ask all maths applicants to do?

They ask all applicants who applied for a subject requiring A* in Maths.

Original post by sosob
Does the response always take 8 weeks or longer or occasionally sooner?

They usually take longer, however, it depends on the competitiveness of the course. Some people hear within the 8 weeks. Many Economics applicants who applied in October last year got their decisions in March, so the wait might be very long for some.
If it is going to take longer than 8 weeks, they will email you something about an additional 4 weeks few days after the 8 weeks is finished.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 662
Anyone apply for financial maths with stats?
Original post by BECK!!
I just got an email telling me th at my application is under initial review, however they didn't ask me for any thing like UMS. Is this normal or will they do it in the next email? Please let me know if u know anything thx xx

I haven't been asked for UMS either, but I had declared it on my UCAS anyways

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lauren1498x
Oxford (lol) Warwick Edinburgh and St Andrews! You?

Cambridge, UCL, Durham and York
Reply 665
Original post by Deza28
Anyone apply for financial maths with stats?

Me!! Quite nervous, first time they r doing, dunno how many ppl they will take.
Anyone here applying for History?

Applied History and IR :smile:
Got the 8 week email, gonna be a loooong wait
Reply 668
Anyone here applying for History?

Me :smile:
Original post by AdamBh
Me :smile:

Fantastic! Where else are you applying?
Reply 670
Fantastic! Where else are you applying?

Oxford, Warwick, Bristol and Birmingham! I saw where you are applying from a previous post, wish you good luck. What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by AdamBh
Oxford, Warwick, Bristol and Birmingham! I saw where you are applying from a previous post, wish you good luck. What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

A* A* A*. Don't think I'll do that well but I hope to get at least one A*.
Original post by Deeeeee
what were your AS grades?
AAAA in Accounting, Sociology, Math and Economics.
Reply 673
Did anyone receive the 8 week email for law? Applied on 13th of oct and only got the initial assessment one, a tad worried.
Original post by Kckc119
Did anyone receive the 8 week email for law? Applied on 13th of oct and only got the initial assessment one, a tad worried.

if you have not got it since 4 weeks of the initial assessment, then there may be an issue.
Original post by Kckc119

Applied on 13th October, received acknowledgement 2 days after and the initial assessment on 24th. I have not received anything ever since.. International Applicant.
Original post by Kckc119

I applied towards the end of October and got the confirmation email for my application, then received the initial review email yesterday morning. I am also applying for law. Hope this helps!
Anyone else applied for maths with economics?
[QUOTE=Mieleki;68444582]Applied on 13th October, received acknowledgement 2 days after and the initial assessment on 24th. I have not received anything ever since.. International Applicant.

Exactly the same for me. If it helps, I don't know of anyone (including my friends) who got the initial assessment on the 24th who've also gotten the 8 week email yet for Law...
Reply 679
Original post by christy98
Exactly the same for me. If it helps, I don't know of anyone (including my friends) who got the initial assessment on the 24th who've also gotten the 8 week email yet for Law...

Just making a guess here. They might issue another batch of law rejections tomorrow before sending out the 8 week emails and potentially first batch of law offers on next week!

Hopefully it doesn't strike any of us tomorrow :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending