The Student Room Group

What book made you cry?

I just read A thousand splendid suns and cried. I do suggest you read it if you haven't before as it's heartbreaking.
What book made you or almost made you cry?
Also any suggestions of what to read next?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any of the Adrian Mole books, it made me cry with laughter because a lot of it was so relatable to my childhood! Never cried because a book was sad though... I don't really read sad books, in fact I don't really read books!
none
Noughts and Crosses
The Fault In Our Stars

They both had a great ending and I caught up in the moment so yh..

Great books! I suggest you read them, especially the Noughts and Crosses series!
Um lol Brave New World made me cry and want to shred the flipping thing simultaneously... same with Uncle Tom's Cabin.I know I have definitely read rly sad books that have made me cry bucketfuls; I just can't think which :tongue:
Original post by Defraction
Noughts and Crosses
The Fault In Our Stars

Great books! I suggest you read them, especially the Noughts and Crosses series!

I cried reading Noughts and Crosses many years ago :colondollar:
Reply 6
Wonder
The Kite Runner
When God was a rabbit
Looking for Alaska

lol erm, big softie over here...
The Odyssey, at the chapter where his mum died. I actually cried in class, how embarrassing :colondollar::colondollar:
I don't really cry to books all that often and i can't remember the last book that i read that mad enough me cry.
Original post by SeanFM
I cried reading Noughts and Crosses many years ago :colondollar:

I literally thought I was the only one that exaggerated with the ending of the book. Luckily, I'm not alone:smile:

Malorie Blackman is the best person to trust when making books.
Chaos Walking Trilogy - Patrick Ness :cry2:
the bible
my sunday school teachers didn't hold back when teaching me about hell when I was 6
Original post by Defraction
Noughts and Crosses
The Fault In Our Stars

Thank you!
I will after I read And the mountains echoed.
If you haven't read A thousand splendid suns, I suggest you read it. Its heartbreaking.
Twilight
Don't need books when I have memories and love that has been cut short :redface:
Original post by Raizelcadres
I just read A thousand splendid suns and cried. What book made you or almost made you cry? Also any suggestions of what to read next?

the shiver series
hush hush by becca fitzpatrick (?)
before I wake by rachel vincent (it's the 5th in the series but literally the best one, I've read it 6+ times and it still makes me cry, especially the ending)
The secret countess by eva ibbotson
poison study by maria v. snyder
the fallen star by jessica sorensen
Reply 16
Original post by Raizelcadres
I just read A thousand splendid suns and cried. What book made you or almost made you cry? Also any suggestions of what to read next?

You have to read The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - it is just so good :smile:
Original post by UWS
Any of the Adrian Mole books, it made me cry with laughter because a lot of it was so relatable to my childhood! Never cried because a book was sad though... I don't really read sad books, in fact I don't really read books!

Thanks will do! This book I read, sometimes I just didn't want to read it anymore as its so stomach turning and it's sort of relatable as I'm Afghan.
Original post by sue99
You have to read The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - it is just so good :smile:

I have watched the film back in secondary school, I remember it was sad but is the book different?
Original post by ShiningNights
Twilight

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending