The Student Room Group

University of Huddersfield adult nursing

Anyone applied to Huddersfield ?
Or aware of the stages of the interview on the day ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi. I have applied. I have an interview on the 22nd. I'm also interested in the interview process.
Reply 2
Original post by AmyMaria1990
Hey guys,

I've applied. I interview tomorrow :frown: I've been told last year it was a tour then a round robin style discussion where you sit in a semi-circle and get asked questions starting at one end of the semi-circle then the other. Then a individual interview.

I will let you know if they stick to the same structure this year after tomorrow x

Good luck for tommorrow
What time is your interview for adult nursing ?
And how have you prepared ? X
Original post by nafisa230
Good luck for tommorrow
What time is your interview for adult nursing ?
And how have you prepared ? X

Thanks. :smile: Its at 10.25am and they said to expect to be there 3-3.5hrs.

I've read up on NHS and Health News. Looked at the NHS 6 principles. Looked at Huddersfield Uni in general and there Stats for Nursing. Generally panicked a little bit and now i'm just looking at the expectations of the role of a Adult Nurse. x
Reply 4
Thanks. :smile: Its at 10.25am and they said to expect to be there 3-3.5hrs.

I've read up on NHS and Health News. Looked at the NHS 6 principles. Looked at Huddersfield Uni in general and there Stats for Nursing. Generally panicked a little bit and now i'm just looking at the expectations of the role of a Adult Nurse. x

That's good don't be scared you will be fine X
I have mine on Wednesday and I'm panicking now I feel I haven't prepared myself I have made notes on everything you mentioned just need to read over them I'm scared about the maths test 😬
I hope it goes really well for you good luck !!!
Make sure you get to sleep on time
And remember be confident also !!
I'm unsure what I should do to prepare please do let me know tommorrow it would be very helpful of you.
Once again remember you look like you've mentioned everything that's really good you've prepared !!
Smash it !! 😊
Good luck to you too. I've just been told the interview section is like blind dating. Different little booths that you go to for each section with a time limit so be prepared for that.

I'm sure we will be fine. I will update you tomorrow but a top tip i was given by my careers adviser who interviews for Hallam and knows interviews at Hudd is to ask questions of the tour cos your participation is fed back to the interviews by the tour guides who are 3rd year students. x
Reply 6
Anyone aware of it for adult nursing ?
Does the website have any info at all?

@Charlotte49
Anyone aware of it for adult nursing ?

Hi,

People can give you generic answers about the process but specific interview details aren't allowed to be discussed on TSR because of the unfair advantage it gives some people over others, if they know what to expect of an interview.

Lots of interview advice can be found in other threads here, and some universities provide their own preparation materials and/or information on their websites or in emails to you about what to expect. There are also lots of very helpful TSR members here and we are all happy to help too. Good luck!
Reply 9
Good luck to you too. I've just been told the interview section is like blind dating. Different little booths that you go to for each section with a time limit so be prepared for that.

I'm sure we will be fine. I will update you tomorrow but a top tip i was given by my careers adviser who interviews for Hallam and knows interviews at Hudd is to ask questions of the tour cos your participation is fed back to the interviews by the tour guides who are 3rd year students. x

How did it go ? X
I was nervous on the first mini interview and I think i spoke too fast and panicked a bit but i think the other 3 interviews went well. :smile:

Hope yours goes well x
@AmyMaria1990 @nafisa230 I am not sure whether you saw my original post or have ignored it... Specific interview details are not permitted to be discussed anywhere on TSR (Including DMs) as it gives an unfair advantage. Please show respect for all applicants and remove your posts immediately.

Unfortunately I have also had to report this to the moderators.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PaediatricStN
@AmyMaria1990 @nafisa230 I am not sure whether you saw my original post or have ignored it... Specific interview details are not permitted to be discussed anywhere on TSR (Including DMs) as it gives an unfair advantage. Please show respect for all applicants and remove your posts immediately.

Unfortunately I have also had to report this to the moderators.

@PaediatricStN I removed the first post after I saw your comment and edited my second one, however nothing I posted in the second post after editing is anything that isn't freely available on the Uni of Huddersfield website or in the FAQ pack they send when you have a interview. I only broadly mentioned there interview style when I said it was blind dating style.

I didn't give specific questions just said that it was all the normal stuff that you are told to expect and to read up on News because people always forget that and it's well known they ask you about that in interviews.

I don't understand what the issue was with my 2nd post after i edited. It didn't give any unfair advantage as all it said was what is advised anyway and general information.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Yes I noticed this also you did talk about what was available on the documents they provide I don't think that they are aware this information is available on their website also if they checked it !
I don't think you have anyone an advantage or disadvantage
Yes I noticed this also you did talk about what was available on the documents they provide I don't think that they are aware this information is available on their website also if they checked it !
I don't think you have anyone an advantage or disadvantage

@PaediatricStN I removed the first post after I saw your comment and edited my second one, however nothing I posted in the second post after editing is anything that isn't freely available on the Uni of Huddersfield website or in the FAQ pack they send when you have a interview. I only broadly mentioned there interview style when I said it was blind dating style.

I didn't give specific questions just said that it was all the normal stuff that you are told to expect and to read up on News because people always forget that and it's well known they ask you about that in interviews.

I don't understand what the issue was with my 2nd post after i edited. It didn't give any unfair advantage as all it said was what is advised anyway and general information.

Hi guys, lets try and keep this friendly please :smile:

As users and advisors, none of us have the time (or inclination) to check the interview advice on the websites of every uni. We have also not interviewed at every university in the current cohort, so do not know what exactly goes on in each interview. Users therefore are subjective in advising you to delete any potentially sensitive information. From what I can see, nothing really serious was disclosed, but this is a reminder to keep chat generalised. I hope you can appreciate that if in doubt, we need to delete certain messages or details to maintain the integrity of admissions procedures.

Thanks!
Original post by Charlotte49
Hi guys, lets try and keep this friendly please :smile:

As users and advisors, none of us have the time (or inclination) to check the interview advice on the websites of every uni. We have also not interviewed at every university in the current cohort, so do not know what exactly goes on in each interview. Users therefore are subjective in advising you to delete any potentially sensitive information. From what I can see, nothing really serious was disclosed, but this is a reminder to keep chat generalised. I hope you can appreciate that if in doubt, we need to delete certain messages or details to maintain the integrity of admissions procedures.

Thanks!

I wouldn't say I was unfriendly at all Firm but civil in my second post, perhaps. I do just feel quite strongly about giving all applicants equal opportunities for their interviews.
Reply 16
Well for future reference it came across very unfriendly verging on rude so you may want to consider that and maybe try to be a little bit less harsh next time, we're all just trying to help each other out here. I wasn't trying to give anyone unfair advantage, I'm apply myself this year so wouldn't want anyone having unfair advantages, I had clearly edited my post after your first comment to ensure everything that was included was stuff that was available other places or general knowledge about what you get at a nursing interview and I even stated that at the bottom of my post. Yet you accused us of ignoring your comment, of trying to basically cheat and proceeded to report us.

I agree it was just your experience and available information. She was definetly rude and now by putting a smiley emoji putting across it is fine. 😡
Well for future reference it came across very unfriendly verging on rude so you may want to consider that and maybe try to be a little bit less harsh next time, we're all just trying to help each other out here. I wasn't trying to give anyone unfair advantage, I'm apply myself this year so wouldn't want anyone having unfair advantages, I had clearly edited my post after your first comment to ensure everything that was included was stuff that was available other places or general knowledge about what you get at a nursing interview and I even stated that at the bottom of my post. Yet you accused us of ignoring your comment, of trying to basically cheat and proceeded to report us.

Well I sincerely apologise for any offence caused - that genuinely wasn't my motive. Though that doesn't make it acceptable to be rude back to me. I did accuse you of ignoring the post but only because no response was made. I wasn't to know that you had edited your original post because I unfortunately don't have time to monitor these things.

I appreciate the fact you are just trying to help one another but this does still need to be fair to those who are not members of TSR.

Plenty of interview advice is available here without discussing specific details, and I as a qualified nurse with experience of giving careers advice and sessions, as well as others who frequent this forum, are more than happy to give our expert input when asked.

Hope that clears things up. Have a great day
I agree it was just your experience and available information. She was definetly rude and now by putting a smiley emoji putting across it is fine. 😡

For the record - I'm a guy.
Reply 19
Oh I've got no record 🙄
Still argumentative 😤

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending