The Student Room Group

GAMSAT 2016 (2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Could you upload the March one as well? My score puts me in the 80th percentile roughly... I hope that's just enough! I'm looking for the 2015 percentile everywhere but can't find it to compare cut offs to percentiles!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Themightylaa
Could you upload the March one as well? My score puts me in the 80th percentile roughly... I hope that's just enough! I'm looking for the 2015 percentile everywhere but can't find it to compare cut offs to percentiles!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got the 2014 if that'll help? Save me grabbing it, a 61 was equivalent of the 80th percentile.

Any chance you know the gamsat cutoffs for any of the unis for the last few years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could you upload the March one as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here's the March curve! :smile:
percentile-curve-ireland-2016.png
(edited 7 years ago)
And I took GAMSAT 2015 too-- this is the 2015 curve percentile-curve-uk-2015.png
Last years cut offs (stolen from this thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3022525)

Notts - Overall 60/65 (2.1+ (or 2.2 w/ masters/phd) and 2.2). Breakdown of S2 55 and either S1 or S3 at 55 and the other at 50. Remember there are two ways to calculate scores for Notts

Plymouth - Overall 64. S1 51, S2 52, S3 60

SGUL - Overall 60/65 (2.1+ (or 2.2 w/ masters/phd) and 2.2). With a minimum of 50 in each section. It is unclear at the moment whether SGUL are using both methods of scoring, or just the original science biased version

Exeter - Overall 60, no breakdown provided
Original post by puddleduck
Last years cut offs (stolen from this thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3022525)

Notts - Overall 60/65 (2.1+ (or 2.2 w/ masters/phd) and 2.2). Breakdown of S2 55 and either S1 or S3 at 55 and the other at 50. Remember there are two ways to calculate scores for Notts

Plymouth - Overall 64. S1 51, S2 52, S3 60

SGUL - Overall 60/65 (2.1+ (or 2.2 w/ masters/phd) and 2.2). With a minimum of 50 in each section. It is unclear at the moment whether SGUL are using both methods of scoring, or just the original science biased version

Exeter - Overall 60, no breakdown provided

Ah beautiful, thank you! Didn't even realise Exeter/Plymouth offered Grad, unless those are just for access to the 5 year course.

I've just emailed Swansea, but with a score of 60, if UKCAT didn't go well next year I think Notts/Swansea/Liverpool are options, although I will resit.

Hopefully though, it won't go like that and I'll get in through interviews this years haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Results are out, just woke up and checked my emails!!

Oh God, I got 60 as my overall average... that is literally nightmarishly close to cut offs I'm terrified... all I want is Notts!! 57, 69, 55 overall. Not bad for first attempt but it's too damn close if Notts cut off is 61 like a few years ago I might cry 😢😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations dude, holy ****, have they just given everyone a score of 60?! My first go too, score of 60 too!

61, 68, 55! I am stupidly happy about the section 3 score, I thought it was soooooo much worse!

Best of luck to everyone!
Original post by Zak1995
Congratulations dude, holy ****, have they just given everyone a score of 60?! My first go too, score of 60 too!

61, 68, 55! I am stupidly happy about the section 3 score, I thought it was soooooo much worse!

Best of luck to everyone!

What's great is you're literally smack on the border of most unis for it! If you don't come from a science background then congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rosser1994
Ah beautiful, thank you! Didn't even realise Exeter/Plymouth offered Grad, unless those are just for access to the 5 year course.

Yeah graduates who apply to the Exeter and Plymouth 5 year courses have to take GAMSAT- they don't do a 4 year course

Original post by priyaya
No chance with a 48 overall right?

Sorry, I don't think so :frown: Most of the unis want at least 50 in each section, with an average that's usually above 55. Maybe have another go in March and see what you get? Or apply to UKCAT unis?
Congratulations! Well I've just spent the last twenty minutes with my nose touching the screen micro-comparing the 2015 and 14 curves to the September one. Last year cut offs of 60 were around 77th percentile whereas this year it's pretty much bang on 80th percentile. I'm hoping that means the cut off stays as 60 or even drops to 59 for Notts/George's.

My actual score was 60.33 and I've heard that they round up regardless of whether it's above .5 or not (contrary to our basic math knowledge). I'm going to email Sarb at Notts but can anyone confirm if this is true??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations! Well I've just spent the last twenty minutes with my nose touching the screen micro-comparing the 2015 and 14 curves to the September one. Last year cut offs of 60 were around 77th percentile whereas this year it's pretty much bang on 80th percentile. I'm hoping that means the cut off stays as 60 or even drops to 59 for Notts/George's.

My actual score was 60.33 and I've heard that they round up regardless of whether it's above .5 or not (contrary to our basic math knowledge). I'm going to email Sarb at Notts but can anyone confirm if this is true??

Posted from TSR Mobile

If that's true it'd be ideal. I'm on 60.25 haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully the cut-offs will be published soon! Does anyone know what happens next?
Hopefully the cut-offs will be published soon! Does anyone know what happens next?

I had 64 average and got through to a couple of interviews in 2014, what do you want to know?
Reply 813
Yeah graduates who apply to the Exeter and Plymouth 5 year courses have to take GAMSAT- they don't do a 4 year course

Sorry, I don't think so :frown: Most of the unis want at least 50 in each section, with an average that's usually above 55. Maybe have another go in March and see what you get? Or apply to UKCAT unis?

Thanks for your reply! And yeah, applied to some ukcat universities luckily so we shall see what happens :frown:
I had 64 average and got through to a couple of interviews in 2014, what do you want to know?

Uh oh- you're gonna regret that :P I have so many questions! Do you know how we find out the cut-offs, when that's likely to be (like.... days, weeks or months), and how long after GAMSAt results were published did you receive interview invitations? Thanks!
Uh oh- you're gonna regret that :P I have so many questions! Do you know how we find out the cut-offs, when that's likely to be (like.... days, weeks or months), and how long after GAMSAt results were published did you receive interview invitations? Thanks!

Gamsat was fairly quick for some and long for others, I remember Swansea and SGUL were fast. Liverpool was horrid and took forever.

You don't usually find out the exact GAMSAT without request (from what I can remember- I've literally just emailed everywhere to find out if they have an average low score for 2018)
Although some do announce them.

Think SGUL/Swans were around 2 weeks, but Liverpool took well into December.
What did you have btw if you don't mind me asking?
Gamsat was fairly quick for some and long for others, I remember Swansea and SGUL were fast. Liverpool was horrid and took forever.

You don't usually find out the exact GAMSAT without request (from what I can remember- I've literally just emailed everywhere to find out if they have an average low score for 2018)
Although some do announce them.

Think SGUL/Swans were around 2 weeks, but Liverpool took well into December.
What did you have btw if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!! I'm feeling super impatient- I know that my GAMSAT scores were good enough but am worried about the rest of my application, really! Just want this all to be over with :P I got 75 overall (70, 72, 79), but got a 2.2 at undergrad :s-smilie: (have a merit at masters as well..... we'll see :/)
(edited 7 years ago)
That's a monstrously good score and you should certainly get interviews depending on where you applied since you have a masters to account for your 2:2 UG! Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks!! I'm feeling super impatient- I know that my GAMSAT scores were good enough but am worried about the rest of my application, really! Just want this all to be over with :P I got 75 overall (70, 72, 79), but got a 2.2 at undergrad :s-smilie: (have a merit at masters as well..... we'll see :/)

Oh decent then! I only ended up revising for GAMSAT 2 days before the exam because I was committed to the UKCAT, can hardly complain with 60!

The masters should push you into the 2:1 category for most unis so you won't even need the higher GAMSAT score, basically guaranteed interviews as I've never seen a requirement above 63.
Literally been sat awake on my phone for 2 hours now, I'm supposed to be up at 6am for a 12.5 hour shift at the hospital but sleep is not happening now, my mind is racing too much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending