The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Just got an invite to interview at Newcastle 🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sean0219
Just got an invite to interview at Newcastle 🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile

For GEM? What was your Ukcat/ academics?
Newcastle GEM interview :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got a Cambridge GEM interview :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wish I applied to Newcastle over Barts now 😅
Interview for Cambridge GEM :smile:
Original post by Medici103
For GEM? What was your Ukcat/ academics?

Yeh GEM
750 UKCAT and predicted 1:1 in Human Bio

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh GEM

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of the first interviews because you're the one of the higher candidates, congrats.
Is there a set date or do they give you a choice? And between what dates if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh GEM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! It's all a bit real now that stuff is happening. I have 730 in Ukcat, 1:1 in BSc and distinction in MSc. Hope it's enough!
Original post by Rosser1994
One of the first interviews because you're the one of the higher candidates, congrats.
Is there a set date or do they give you a choice? And between what dates if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a choice of dates, between 6 of them. Don't have the dates at hand right now but start on 5th Jan I think and end in middle of Feb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh GEM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does it come from the uni themselves or do you get a notification from track too?
I got 55/66/46 compared to March (57/73/50). Feel so stupid for not using March result because I felt so confident about the September exam!
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I got 55/66/46 compared to March (57/73/50). Feel so stupid for not using March result because I felt so confident about the September exam!

Don't unis take the higher score anyway?
Original post by NafNaf39
Don't unis take the higher score anyway?

I only entered my Ucas pID for my September exam though
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I only entered my Ucas pID for my September exam though

Hmm..I've PMed you what they said to me..maybe contact them? :/
Reply 2315
Hey guys,

Can anyone recommend a good interview prep book?

Thanks
Original post by W.migo
Heya, nice scores - I pretty much got the same.

It depends where you apply. Some unis ask for 60+ (plymouth, st Georges, Swansea etc).

The unis that have a cut off of 60 and below (that I can think of) are Cardiff, Liverpool, Nottingham (if you have a 2.1). So all obviously really really good universities - though there's been a few hiccups over in Cardiff recently.

In terms of interviews, I literally think if you make the cut off, you get an interview 99% of the time (unless you don't have any experience or you don't meet the academic req.).

This year there were around 10,000 students taking the GAMSAT and a score of 60 comes within the top 25%. So you're/ we're competing with 2500 other graduate students.

Hope this helps.

Actually, Swansea tends to have a cut off in the high 50s (58 last year) and Notts and SGUL both have low 60s (62 for both with a 2.1 last year I think). With 60, Swansea is the safest bet and Notts is a possibility. I'm only acutely aware of those three unis though, don't know much about the others.
Original post by Sapje321
Actually, Swansea tends to have a cut off in the high 50s (58 last year) and Notts and SGUL both have low 60s (62 for both with a 2.1 last year I think). With 60, Swansea is the safest bet and Notts is a possibility. I'm only acutely aware of those three unis though, don't know much about the others.

Notts last had a cutoff of 62 in 2006. 60 last year and 61 the year before (61 is the highest it's been for them in a decade). Based on percentile curves it looks likely for all cut offs to shift down slightly this year or remain the same. They don't look likely to increase.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Themightylaa
Notts last had a cutoff of 62 in 2006. 60 last year and 61 the year before (61 is the highest it's been for them in a decade). Based on percentile curves it looks likely for all cut offs to shift down slightly this year or remain the same. They don't look likely to increase.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's been that long since 62? I think I probably lumped the SGUL and Notts scores together in my head. Would be interesting if they went down though this year. Either way I'm at 65 so not too worried.
Original post by bmd2
Thank god! I've applied to Birmingham, Barts and Newcastle but to be honest all are a bit ambitious with my UKCAT (693) especially Newcastle. Birmingham and Barts are reviewing my education independently to see whether I meet the requirements (clutching at straws to see if my current postgraduate study in biochem related subject will suffice for no Chem A-level) so it really is all on Warwick for me!

What about you?

ooo post graduate bio-chem should be okay, or they might ask you to do alevel/as level chem by july or something.
Ohhhh newcastle always have a ridiculously high cut off for grad.
are you applying to all grad?
I've applied to warwick for a101, and kings barts and keele for a100 cause didnt wanna risk it haha :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending