The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rayytbh
IMG_7809.PNG this is on their official website

that's for graduate entry...
Original post by manlike99
that's for graduate entry...

No the FAQ is for both graduate and undergraduate so they're most probably talking about both and they would have said for the graduate course blah blah blah but I could be wrong! I'm not 100% sure x
Original post by rayytbh
No the FAQ is for both graduate and undergraduate so they're most probably talking about both and they would have said for the graduate course blah blah blah but I could be wrong! I'm not 100% sure x

I just double checked the thread and definitely the interviews started coming through in December.. Here is a snippet :smile:. December or Jan I don't suppose it makes much difference because the actual interviews won't run till Jan onwards ImageUploadedByStudent Room1478820999.760457.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Raisins1992
I just double checked the thread and definitely the interviews started coming through in December.. Here is a snippet :smile:. December or Jan I don't suppose it makes much difference because the actual interviews won't run till Jan onwards

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew that makes me feel slightly better :smile: only a month to go.

When Barts say they decide interviews based on ukcat and ucas tariffs but if they don't use as grades what UCAS points do they use?
Original post by rayytbh
Phew that makes me feel slightly better :smile: only a month to go.

When Barts say they decide interviews based on ukcat and ucas tariffs but if they don't use as grades what UCAS points do they use?

Predicted grades and the AS you dropped and stuff like EPQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know it's late but I have already applied to barts (may have wasted an app) and was wondering if you think I have a chance

I have A*AA prediction for A- level and these are the only grades that will contribute to my tarriff
I have a 740 average in the UKCAT, but my SJT was band 3

Thanks for any help
Do they have a UCAS tariff cut off? Is there any information about this for previous years? I just find it difficult to believe that the entry requirements are only AAA when to get really high points you need A*'s and As subjects when many colleges don't even offer As exams anymore.
Original post by Daisy1202
Do they have a UCAS tariff cut off? Is there any information about this for previous years? I just find it difficult to believe that the entry requirements are only AAA when to get really high points you need A*'s and As subjects when many colleges don't even offer As exams anymore.

the minimum tariff is 144 which is equivalent to 3 As. you can include As levels as well as EPQ, music qualifications etc to boost your points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rayytbh
what do u think?

Youre UKCAT is quite low but youre UCAS tariff is quite high, Barts dont really look at GCSEs that highly - 50:50 UKCAT and UCAS tariff. You should get an interview
Original post by RealLifeEducator
Youre UKCAT is quite low but youre UCAS tariff is quite high, Barts dont really look at GCSEs that highly - 50:50 UKCAT and UCAS tariff. You should get an interview

thanks for the meaningful reply g! (taking shots at rayytbh ), just joking!
Original post by jesus313

rah that's peak
Original post by jesus313

Im so sorry. I shouldnt have said that it was very mean. some people tend to post things like that knowing that theyre in a good place just to fish for compliments! Im so sorry x
Original post by anon3699
I know it's late but I have already applied to barts (may have wasted an app) and was wondering if you think I have a chance

I have A*AA prediction for A- level and these are the only grades that will contribute to my tarriff

Thanks for any help

Thanks for any help

help??
help??

I think you have a good chance, but of course, it's difficult to call.
help??

Hey, stop worrying. I know it's hard to wait but someone giving you a yes or a no on this thread is meaningless as it comes down to Barts admissions tutors :smile:. You have a great UKCAT score and I don't think they use SJ until interview stages where they add 1 point to your score for the band 3 I believe. You haven't wasted an application 😊, keep your head up. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayytbh
Im so sorry. I shouldnt have said that it was very mean. some people tend to post things like that knowing that theyre in a good place just to fish for compliments! Im so sorry x

dw loool, just a bit of banter :smile:
tariff score predicted: 252 (630 using old scoring system) 4A* and Epq A* predicted
ukcat 703 band 1
do you guys think I have a shot or was applying to barts out of my league? (I'm an international student)
Seeing as other uni's have started sending out invites, wishing everyone the best here!!! Fingerscrossed for everyone!
Reply 159
Original post by Mo_elheramy
tariff score predicted: 252 (630 using old scoring system) 4A* and Epq A* predicted
ukcat 703 band 1
do you guys think I have a shot or was applying to barts out of my league? (I'm an international student)[

you clearly know the answer. of course you stand a chance of getting an interview. it is all about doing well in the interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending