The Student Room Group

Is it me or are we screwed?

Recently as you may all know, Mr Donald Trump won the US elections and became the president. Now, I am not a huge fan of Mr Trump myself given the fact that he makes no sense whatsoever. For starters, he is against immigration and then ends up marrying an immigrant!

Anyways, now that brexit has sadly become a reality and the UK has a special relationship with the USA - are non-white people who are born here (UK) but have family who migrated here screwed?

I feel the world is gonna get worse. I really liked Mr Cameron - he was just genuine and I really liked his relationship with Obama. It just seems like a co-incidence that it turned from team anti-brexit (Obama + Cameron) to now team Brexit (Trump + May)

Thoughts?
Moving this to Politics
Original post by yunglife
Recently as you may all know, Mr Donald Trump won the US elections and became the president. Now, I am not a huge fan of Mr Trump myself given the fact that he makes no sense whatsoever. For starters, he is against immigration and then ends up marrying an immigrant!

Anyways, now that brexit has sadly become a reality and the UK has a special relationship with the USA - are non-white people who are born here (UK) but have family who migrated here screwed?

I feel the world is gonna get worse. I really liked Mr Cameron - he was just genuine and I really liked his relationship with Obama. It just seems like a co-incidence that it turned from team anti-brexit (Obama + Cameron) to now team Brexit (Trump + May)

Thoughts?

Stop drinking the left wing SJW kool aid. They've indoctrinated you to make you think Brexit is a bad thing for immigrants; the borders will not be closed, the only change will be that Europeans will not be able to come and go from Britain as they please without going through a border (and since you mentioned non-white people this is irrelevant anyway, Brexit will only affect European immigrants who are vastly white)

Trump is only against illegal immigration and organised crime that results of this; i.e. only criminals will be affected (if you believe criminals shouldn't be punished for breaking the law you are deluded)

Immigrants that enter the US legally, by going down the proper process to gain residency (for example Melania Trump who you mentioned, will not be affected whatsoever)

Trump actually said something along the lines of: "The wall will actually have a nice door in it; a door that will be open to all who go down the proper process and seek legal migration."

Say what you will about Cameron, he certainly wasn't genuine, sold out conservative beliefs to appease the liberal democrats, then even after winning a majority he still persisted with bloody social liberalism. Also, he ****ed a dead pig's head. Obama was a mediocre president at best, he promised a lot and in reality delivered very little.
Original post by yunglife

marrying a LEGAL immigrant is consistent with being against ILLEGAL immigration...
or are you saying that all immigration controls are unacceptable?

why on earth would non-white people be screwed when only white eastern european immigrants came here when we were in thr EU? in fact, we're still currently in the EU now. are you implying that the syrians and the north africans (mostly non-whites) who're coming from calais are EU immigrants? :lol:

I feel the world is gonna get worse. I really liked Mr Cameron - he was just genuine and I really liked his relationship with Obama.

oh wow, that's such a greeeeaaat reason for liking a prime minister: "he was just genuine", even though he was obviously a total career-politician party-grunt who worked his way to the top through being a lap dog to whoever was the tory leader of the day.

It just seems like a co-incidence that it turned from team anti-brexit (Obama + Cameron) to now team Brexit (Trump + May)

Thoughts?

you know what? obama said that "britain was going to have to go to the back of the" (...wait for it...) "queue". what a nice man obama is for us, right? so much nicer than trump who never said anything like that about the UK...
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending