The Student Room Group

He is sending mixed signals and I don't know how to move on.

Okay so I met this guy a few months back in a bar, and since then we have each other on Instagram. He is always liking all my stories, replying, giving me compliments... He asked me out but the problem is that he is 8 years older ( we are 20 and 28) so I rejected him even though he is the prettiest man i have ever seen. I didn't want to waste my time. But, weird things happened and we were one night in the same bar again so I got to know him and I really liked his personality and had great time. After that I thought screw it, I want something with him. We went out next weekend and he kissed me, we made out whole night and it was amazing. At the end, he didn't follow me to the door, he didn't pay for my drink and he didn't send me message afterwards. It hurt a little bit, but I was thinking okay, it was fun and that's it. However, a week later something strange happened again. I was in library studying, and I met him in the hallway. We talked for a little bit, it was kinda awkward. Then he sent me a massage hours later to ask me if I ever want to go for a coffee with him. I was about to reject the offer because I was angry, but I realised that my head would be full of "what ifs" so we went out. It was nice, but we didn't talk any personal stuff about us and he acted like that make out sesh didn't happen. He asked for my number, and then started sending me messages from time to time. He asked me out second time and I decided to confront him this time. I asked him what does he think of me, and what does any of this mean to him. Unfortunately, he left me even more confused. He didn't have the answer, said that he keeps asking me out for a drink because he likes spending time with me. He was kinda trying to say that he wants to be friends, but nothing about his approach is like that. He is touching my knee all the time, smiling, giving me compliments etc. I developed huge crush on him, and I am constantly waiting to bump into him, waiting for his message, having fantasies... He is very hot but also smart and educated ( a psychologist) and I don't know how to move on. This is all happening ina span od 7 months.
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so I met this guy a few months back in a bar, and since then we have each other on Instagram. He is always liking all my stories, replying, giving me compliments... He asked me out but the problem is that he is 8 years older ( we are 20 and 28) so I rejected him even though he is the prettiest man i have ever seen. I didn't want to waste my time. But, weird things happened and we were one night in the same bar again so I got to know him and I really liked his personality and had great time. After that I thought screw it, I want something with him. We went out next weekend and he kissed me, we made out whole night and it was amazing. At the end, he didn't follow me to the door, he didn't pay for my drink and he didn't send me message afterwards. It hurt a little bit, but I was thinking okay, it was fun and that's it. However, a week later something strange happened again. I was in library studying, and I met him in the hallway. We talked for a little bit, it was kinda awkward. Then he sent me a massage hours later to ask me if I ever want to go for a coffee with him. I was about to reject the offer because I was angry, but I realised that my head would be full of "what ifs" so we went out. It was nice, but we didn't talk any personal stuff about us and he acted like that make out sesh didn't happen. He asked for my number, and then started sending me messages from time to time. He asked me out second time and I decided to confront him this time. I asked him what does he think of me, and what does any of this mean to him. Unfortunately, he left me even more confused. He didn't have the answer, said that he keeps asking me out for a drink because he likes spending time with me. He was kinda trying to say that he wants to be friends, but nothing about his approach is like that. He is touching my knee all the time, smiling, giving me compliments etc. I developed huge crush on him, and I am constantly waiting to bump into him, waiting for his message, having fantasies... He is very hot but also smart and educated ( a psychologist) and I don't know how to move on. This is all happening ina span od 7 months.

Hi there!

I understand that it can be confusing and saddening when you don't know where you stand with someone. If you have made your feelings clear and these are not reciprocated, then that is understandably a shame, however, it is then your decision to make as to whether you want to continue being friends with them or to cut ties in order to heal. If they are asking to just be friends but are giving mixed signals, then perhaps you need to communicate and indicate that their body language is confusing and unfair to you as you wish to move on.

I hope this helped and you feel more at ease soon!
Rachel
York St John Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending