The Student Room Group

Msc in electronic engineering in portsmouth university

Hi, i am about to graduate from university of east london with a degree in electrical and electronic engineering and im thinking about doing a msc in portmouth university. I have a concern that i might not be able to complete the course due to the fact that a graduated from a low rank university which has a poor module program anyone can relate to this?Any opinion is welcomed.
Do not doubt your abilities, if you work hard and you enjoy electronics I am sure you will be just fine.
Plenty of highly ranked universities accept people for their masters programs from much, much lower ranked unis. If anything you should be aiming higher than Portsmouth.
Reply 3
Original post by MilianaZ
Hi, i am about to graduate from university of east london with a degree in electrical and electronic engineering and im thinking about doing a msc in portmouth university. I have a concern that i might not be able to complete the course due to the fact that a graduated from a low rank university which has a poor module program anyone can relate to this?Any opinion is welcomed.

What class of degree will you have? If it's a good 2:1 or better you can aim higher with your target university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
What class of degree will you have? If it's a good 2:1 or better you can aim higher with your target university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might be able to have a 1st class degree if not 2:1 for sure.
Reply 5
Hi, do not worry that. You should believe yourself. If you love your subject, you can complete the course and get a great degree.
I finish my MSc course in 2016 in University of Portsmouth. My Subject is Electronic Engineering. I am a Chinese student and the university where I graduated in China is worse than the University of East London. That time my subject is Communication Engineering. However, I love Electronic Engineering and my course. I believe that I can finish my study and try my best to do it, so I achieve a distinction degree of MSc in Electronic Engineering in University of Portsmouth.
During my study, I always discuss my opinion and questions with my lecturers and tutors. They are very happy to help you with a lot of patience. The discussion will improve your thought quickly. Then I spend a lot of time to do my experiments, which will help you to understand your course.
No matter which university you choose, you must believe that if you want to achieve something and do your best, you can achieve you want.
My English is not very well. I hope my experience can help you. If you have more questions, welcome to ask me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Longyu
Hi, do not worry that. You should believe yourself. If you love your subject, you can complete the course and get a great degree.
I finish my MSc course in 2016 in University of Portsmouth. My Subject is Electronic Engineering. I am a Chinese student and the university where I graduated in China is worse than the University of East London. That time my subject is Communication Engineering. However, I love Electronic Engineering and my course. I believe that I can finish my study and try my best to do it, so I achieve a distinction degree of MSc in Electronic Engineering in University of Portsmouth.
During my study, I always discuss my opinion and questions with my lecturers and tutors. They are very happy to help you with a lot of patience. The discussion will improve your thought quickly. Then I spend a lot of time to do my experiments, which will help you to understand your course.
No matter which university you choose, you must believe that if you want to achieve something and do your best, you can achieve you want.
My English is not very well. I hope my experience can help you. If you have more questions, welcome to ask me.

Thank you very much for the reply!Did the lectures helped you during your studies?I read that this course has a strong practical aproach,did you spend a lot of time in the laboratories?Is the course very demanding?Also how is the city of portsmouth?Are there a lot students there?

Thank you very much in advance your responce helped me a lot!
Reply 7
Original post by PeterPpp
Thank you very much for the reply!Did the lectures helped you during your studies?I read that this course has a strong practical aproach,did you spend a lot of time in the laboratories?Is the course very demanding?Also how is the city of portsmouth?Are there a lot students there?

Thank you very much in advance your responce helped me a lot!

I think my lectures give me a lot of help in my studies. Some courses in this subject need do experiments in the laboratories. I do not think I spend a lot of time in the laboratories. I think I spend one day in the laboratories every week. If you like the course and spend time to review it, it is not very demanding.
In my opinion, Portsmouth is a good city. It is not very big and you can find everything you need easily.
Reply 8
Original post by Longyu
I think my lectures give me a lot of help in my studies. Some courses in this subject need do experiments in the laboratories. I do not think I spend a lot of time in the laboratories. I think I spend one day in the laboratories every week. If you like the course and spend time to review it, it is not very demanding.
In my opinion, Portsmouth is a good city. It is not very big and you can find everything you need easily.

Do you think i will be able to take a part time job while taking the course?
Reply 9
Do you think i will be able to take a part time job while taking the course?

I did not take a part time job. I think that is based on your own feeling. If you can manage your study and part time job well, it will be find.
Reply 10
Original post by Longyu
I did not take a part time job. I think that is based on your own feeling. If you can manage your study and part time job well, it will be find.

Thank you very much for the reply.I think i will apply for portsmouth.Do you know perhaps where graduates from this program end up to?
Reply 11
Thank you very much for the reply.I think i will apply for portsmouth.Do you know perhaps where graduates from this program end up to?

This is the website with details of MSc Electronic Engineering.(http://www.port.ac.uk/courses/engineering/msc-electronic-engineering/)
This is the website of the school of engineering.(http://www.port.ac.uk/school-of-engineering/)
I hope the two websites can help you. If you have more questions of application, you can contact with the university. The e-mail address and telephone number could be found on the website.

Quick Reply

Latest