The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

And ****ing LOL at Ozil demanding Draxler as part of contract talks. Nah Ozil can **** right off if he thinks he is bigger than the club based on these performances.
:ninja:
Original post by sr90
Sanchez is the guy at uni who did all the work for the group project whilst those around him slack off

Posted from TSR Mobile

And ended up scraping a 60, the bare minimum
Original post by swirly
And ended up scraping a 60, the bare minimum

I see what you did there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James.Carnell
Sigh. At this point I believe that we are truly ****ed without Mustafi and Sanchez. Our season has crumbled as soon as Mustafi got injured... they basically carried the team.

I have thought about the Ozil issue and thought that he got better and adapted to the league, but it turns out that he's just a very average midfielder.

Yeah tbf you missed Mustafi a lot today, I think Arsenal have quality players but they also have equal amount of very average players, Coquelin, Gabriel etc..just don't seem good enough. You also look incredibly weak in the midfield something which I never thought I would say about Arsenal. Ozil is great but seems to disapear to often in big games, Sanchez is quality.
United fans are deluded. Yapping off that they would be winning the title at the start of the season, some serious delusion. Arsenal fans are bad but United fans are truly delusional.

I wouldn't speak too soon, people were writing Chelsea off for the top four after we smashed the 3-0, so things can change very quickly.

'Last night I was chatting to my mum, she's Wenger in- IS SHE MAD?'

Lost it :rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Yeah tbf you missed Mustafi a lot today, I think Arsenal have quality players but they also have equal amount of very average players, Coquelin, Gabriel etc..just don't seem good enough. You also look incredibly weak in the midfield something which I never thought I would say about Arsenal. Ozil is great but seems to disapear to often in big games, Sanchez is quality.

Ozil is generally infuriating to watch, his good games makes it even more annoying. I think in a league like this he is not really good enough, it's a hard league. He would be very suited to playing for a team like Bayern or Real where they win a lot, where his job is easy and the others around him make him look a lot better than he is.

You look at teams like Bayern and they just have amazing quality players throughout their team, we're a long way off that. The difference between us at the moment and the likes of Real, Barca, Bayern, hell even Chelsea... is that you look at their team and see the sheer number of proven international quality players that have won leagues and titles before and don't have the mental weaknesses of repeat past failures.
Original post by HopelessMedic
I wouldn't speak too soon, people were writing Chelsea off for the top four after we smashed the 3-0, so things can change very quickly.

Conte was able to turn to his tried-and-tested (in Italy) 3atb formation which turned out to be pretty effective in England too :wink: Us, we have Ozil who demands to play every game at No. 10 yet never turns up 100% of the time. Once Ozil is gone we can easily do a 3atb as well with Bellerin and Gibbs as wing-backs.
Amazing. Just. Amazing.

Original post by shawn_o1
Conte was able to turn to his tried-and-tested (in Italy) 3atb formation which turned out to be pretty effective in England too :wink: Us, we have Ozil who demands to play every game at No. 10 yet never turns up 100% of the time. Once Ozil is gone we can easily do a 3atb as well with Bellerin and Gibbs as wing-backs.

Ozil only plays well when he's up for it, when he cba he's just dreadful. I still think we should keep him though, just need a manager who has the balls to bench him when needed.
Ozil is generally infuriating to watch, his good games makes it even more annoying. I think in a league like this he is not really good enough, it's a hard league. He would be very suited to playing for a team like Bayern or Real where they win a lot, where his job is easy and the others around him make him look a lot better than he is.

You look at teams like Bayern and they just have amazing quality players throughout their team, we're a long way off that. The difference between us at the moment and the likes of Real, Barca, Bayern, hell even Chelsea... is that you look at their team and see the sheer number of proven international quality players that have won leagues and titles before and don't have the mental weaknesses of repeat past failures.

I honestly think Ozil would have won us the league last season, but we weren't clinical infront of goal.

Guy was racking up chances created, and clear cut chances created like mad, but no assists because nobody could finish. Didn't he have league 17/18 assists by December, and still didn't break Thierry's record? Think our center forwards let him down.

Yeah I guess that Ozil is good when everything is rosey, like it usually is at Real, but he is not a player who is going to work and grind out a result when you really need it. The thing which weirds me out about Arsenal this year is how weak you are in CM, I have always thought about Arsenal as a team with great ball playing and dominating midfielders like Viera, Fabregas etc.. Not anymore?.
Original post by sr90
Amazing. Just. Amazing.

It hurts seeing Claude like this ngl.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123
It hurts seeing Claude like this ngl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's admitted that he's homeless, depressed and football is his only release.
Reply 1995
God you lot are so emotional. It was Man City away and both their goals were offside. Hardly like we just got thumped by Sunderland or something.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Yeah I guess that Ozil is good when everything is rosey, like it usually is at Real, but he is not a player who is going to work and grind out a result when you really need it. The thing which weirds me out about Arsenal this year is how weak you are in CM, I have always thought about Arsenal as a team with great ball playing and dominating midfielders like Viera, Fabregas etc.. Not anymore?.

I think our mistake this summer was to fail to recruit adequate cover for Cazorla, he's the one creating most of our attacking play from deep. Losing such important players like him obviously has consequences for our midfield, we're trying everything and nothing works.
Original post by SA-1

Best in the league

Ozil with more goals could be at Bergkamp's level,.

lol
Original post by db10
God you lot are so emotional. It was Man City away and both their goals were offside. Hardly like we just got thumped by Sunderland or something.

You don't get it either, this is a manager who moans and moans and moans about decisions going against him, what is that telling his players?!
Obviously to show real title-winning mettle you need not to be bogged down by injustices like that, Wenger has clearly shown he cannot last when all kinds of **** go against him.
To win when everyone wants you to lose, in this English Premier League... He could go up to Scotland and manage Rangers but they'll always finish 2nd under him because of that as well.
Reply 1999
Original post by shawn_o1
You don't get it either, this is a manager who moans and moans and moans about decisions going against him, what is that telling his players?!
Obviously to show real title-winning mettle you need not to be bogged down by injustices like that, Wenger has clearly shown he cannot last when all kinds of **** go against him.
To win when everyone wants you to lose, in this English Premier League... He could go up to Scotland and manage Rangers but they'll always finish 2nd under him because of that as well.

None of that explains why I should be bawling about losing to City at the etihad today. It's hardly a shock result is it?

Quick Reply

Latest