The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 06moca1
I think personal statement matters alot. I had a UKCAT of 657.5 last year and predicted a 1st. However, Barts rejected me. This year my PS was really good but my UKCAT was below average.

I believe that Barts don't use PS until Interview itsself?
Thanks member 1995 that's very helpful!
But ah man

So last year, 3 people with 2:1s managed to get an interview out of 56- and who knows they could've also had PhDs!
Grrrr
Original post by zzgb001
But ah man

So last year, 3 people with 2:1s managed to get an interview out of 56- and who knows they could've also had PhDs!
Grrrr

sigh. 2.1s= lost cause for both courses
oh it's actually a worse statistic than I thought lol

6/200= 3% of applicants got invited to interview with 2:1

flipsake
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zzgb001

6/200= 3% of applicants with 2:1 got invited to interview

flipsake

Lol wow that's awful...

I think it's unfair to show preference to 1sts as it's made loads of 2.1 candidates waste an application.. if that's what they prefer then they should have said so or made it a prerequisite!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zzgb001

6/200= 3% of applicants with 2:1 got invited to interview

flipsake

Yep. And with the exception of the person who seems to have scored 100% on their UKCAT, all the other UKCAT scores of those with 2:1s are pretty average implying they have a masters etc.

Great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michrab123
Lol wow that's awful...

I think it's unfair to show preference to 1sts as it's made loads of 2.1 candidates waste an application.. if that's what they prefer then they should have said so or made it a prerequisite!

Posted from TSR Mobile

totally with you on that!
Original post by zzgb001
But ah man

Grrrr

No problem :smile:

Just to clarify, everyone on that list got interviews. I believe the first 56 got offers
Reply 528
Original post by milo_marx
Hi all, congrats to all who've gotten interviews and good luck to those who are still waiting, i received an invitation to interview last night for January 26th anyone else going that day?

Same here. Im on panel C for 3:25 wbu?
This is just for grad med though right, not A100?
I doubt the competition is as stiff for graduates on A100 surely.
Not that I can afford it lol

Writing off Bart's now- wish I'd seen that spreadsheet before applying- I did apply on the off chance, but I didn't think it would be THAT low a chance...
Reply 530
I thought this was for the A100?
Original post by michrab123
Lol wow that's awful...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Init
Or at least state HOW the weighting process works- undergrads know what their UCAS tariff will be, so graduates should also know how the tariff system for them works, so they're not blindly applying.
Reply 532
Original post by 06moca1
Interview on the 24th.:h:

Degree: Biochemistry (1st)
UKCAT: 617 (Band 1)

Congratulations!!!! I'm felling relieved right now and can see a glimmer of hope 😂. I've also got a 1st in Biochemsitry and a UKCAT score of 633 but Band 2. I thought I had no chance because of the UKCAT.
Original post by Karmaic
I thought this was for the A100?

nah that data is for the A101 :smile:
Reply 534
Original post by 06moca1
Interview on the 24th.:h:

Degree: Biochemistry (1st)
UKCAT: 617 (Band 1)

Did you apply for graduate entry?
Reply 535
Anyone heard anything today?
Original post by Omea28
Did you apply for graduate entry?

No. No point.
Reply 537
Original post by zzgb001
nah that data is for the A101 :smile:

Oh thank god.
I might speak to Bart's suggesting that they publish details of how their tariff for graduates works?
EG what weighting is given to 1sts, 2:1s, masters/phds etc.
Obviously us lot with 2:1s don't have a chance this year for A101 but it might help for next year's cohort/if we choose to re-apply!
That way you can just work out your tariff and know if there's any point in applying
That's how it works for undergrads applying to undergrad course
Original post by zzgb001
I might speak to Bart's suggesting that they publish details of how their tariff for graduates works?
EG what weighting is given to 1sts, 2:1s, masters/phds etc.
Obviously us lot with 2:1s don't have a chance this year for A101 but it might help for next year's cohort/if we choose to re-apply!
That way you can just work out your tariff and know if there's any point in applying
That's how it works for undergrads applying to undergrad course

Yes please that would be very useful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending