The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Im trying to reschedule mine but mySIS just told me 'thank you for declining ' reason due to unavailability - does anyone know if its likely that they will let me reschedule to a different date?:frown:
Reply 581
Original post by gregorius1123
Im trying to reschedule mine but mySIS just told me 'thank you for declining ' reason due to unavailability - does anyone know if its likely that they will let me reschedule to a different date?:frown:

wait as in declining the interview?!
well there was three options , decline , accept or alternative date - i clicked alternative date and gave them the reason - but afterwards thats what it said :s-smilie:
Reply 583
well there was three options , decline , accept or alternative date - i clicked alternative date and gave them the reason - but afterwards thats what it said :s-smilie:

(Sorry to ask) Have you tried calling? Just give your reference number and I'm sure they'll be able to sort it out!
Original post by W.migo
(Sorry to ask) Have you tried calling? Just give your reference number and I'm sure they'll be able to sort it out!

yes they said they'll try and sort it in january :frown:
Original post by Gogregg
Is yours on the 8th, also? :h:

yeah, I guess I'll see you there!
Has anyone applied to both graduate and undergraduate programs? If you get an interview for GEM, will you get another for undergrad?

Congrats to all those with interviews :smile: and good luck to the rest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh and the graduate course page says something about a "group-based task" as well as other tasks you have to complete as part of the interview. Does anyone have a clue what these might entail?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 588
Original post by jessicac316
Oh and the graduate course page says something about a "group-based task" as well as other tasks you have to complete as part of the interview. Does anyone have a clue what these might entail?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's literally just a group exercise, you know like those team building activities? You've just got to show you're a contributing member with good ideas and open to other perspectives yada yada.
Original post by W.migo
It's literally just a group exercise, you know like those team building activities? You've just got to show you're a contributing member with good ideas and open to other perspectives yada yada.

Ah ok thanks! Have you heard back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 590
For those waiting...

There is more interviews to come :smile:
Been told by admissions today

Interviews are randomly generated. No specific order or ukcat score

There is supposed to be up to three batches

Some will hear by the end of this week preferably before Christmas

Other first week of January onwards up until February

Hope you all hear back soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 591
Original post by jessicac316
Ah ok thanks! Have you heard back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, hoping for the best!
Reply 592
Original post by AspireExcite
Congrats! What time did you receive the invite?

Thanks and around 20:56 at the time on that day :smile:
Reply 593

I need to reschedule mine too. My current interview date is on 24th January. I rang them up yesterday and the person who is doing the rescheduling is away until 9th January. So they asked me to email all the details and they will sort it out in January. Ideally I need an interview date of 1st or 8th February. I'm on a postgraduate where I can't take any time off atm. :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sakh5
I need to reschedule mine too. My current interview date is on 24th January. I rang them up yesterday and the person who is doing the rescheduling is away until 9th January. So they asked me to email all the details and they will sort it out in January. Ideally I need an interview date of 1st or 8th February. I'm on a postgraduate where I can't take any time off atm. :frown:

Do you think it's valid enough for me to ask to be rescheduled later in the day? My interview is at 11 but I live in Devon so I would have to leave at 5 in the morning? I don't think it's good enough reason and should probably suck it up>.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pantego
Do you think it's valid enough for me to ask to be rescheduled later in the day? My interview is at 11 but I live in Devon so I would have to leave at 5 in the morning? I don't think it's good enough reason and should probably suck it up>.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's exactly the same as me, expect my interview is at 9 and is have to leave at 3 :frown:( I called them up and they said that they'd sort it out in January. I haven't responded to the invite on MySis though, as if they can't change it to a later time I will stick with the original. Have you? :smile:
Original post by juliethecool
That's exactly the same as me, expect my interview is at 9 and is have to leave at 3 :frown:( I called them up and they said that they'd sort it out in January. I haven't responded to the invite on MySis though, as if they can't change it to a later time I will stick with the original. Have you? :smile:

No I haven't, is there a deadline to reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ugh, if what the admissions office told others is true, we'll be getting more interviews going out today. So nerve-racking just waiting (even if I do manage to distract myself occasionally ;P). Even if they don't manage it, of course, it's nice to know that the order of them going out is essentially randomized. :biggrin:
Original post by Pantego
No I haven't, is there a deadline to reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know. I hope not. I wasn't planning on responding till I heard back about the rescheduling :/
im glad im not alone with this rescheduling business :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending