The Student Room Group

HM Treasury Policy Analyst Graduate Scheme 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Also just got the email saying I've made it through to assessment centre! Exercises look tough though. Good luck everyone!
Reply 61
Original post by whyamianadult
No way!!! You're the first I've heard about, congrats!! Good to know they are getting back to people now!

Thanks! And yea a relief. I'm usually right at the top of the alphabet so maybe they're doing it systematically for those that haven't heard?
Reply 62
Original post by kitkatzap
Also just got the email saying I've made it through to assessment centre! Exercises look tough though. Good luck everyone!

Congrats!
And sorry what do you mean about the exercises looking tough? Do they release more Info once you pick a date?
Got email inviting to assessment centre at half 5! There are so many assessment dates.
Congratulations to those already through!

I still haven't heard anything, which I'm guessing means its bad news..... although as my surname is 'W', I can't help but hope that they're doing it alphabetically - I wish they'd get back to me and put me out of my misery!
Reply 65
Got an invite to an AC yesterday at half five. Happy but now a bit nervous!
Reply 66
Haven't heard anything either and my surname is B so hoping it's not alphabetical haha! Although I did my tests at the last minute so heard back about them really late so may be the same situation here. Waiting is painful though!
Original post by mjbx
Haven't heard anything either and my surname is B so hoping it's not alphabetical haha! Although I did my tests at the last minute so heard back about them really late so may be the same situation here. Waiting is painful though!

I don't think it is alphabetical, it was just a hope on my part....

Looks like the invites to the AC were all sent out at half 5 yesterday, so it's not looking good - here's hoping I'm wrong!
Reply 68
Well good luck everyone that hasnt heard yet, hopefully we'll all get something soon :smile:
So I got an email saying that I have been placed on the reserve list for the AC. More waiting for me it seems....
Reply 70
Just got an email saying I was unsuccessful - luckily wasn't my top choice for a graduate scheme but still a bit gutted. Wish they'd waited until after Christmas to be the bearer of bad news!

I do have one gripe though - I don't see why they felt the need to notify people they were 'successful' after the online tests - they should have waited until the paper sift to make contact with people, idk it just felt a bit like false hope, especially when it gets strung out for an extra 3 weeks.

Never mind, good luck to everyone going to the AC and those still waiting for results!
Reply 71
Original post by Pegu
Just got an email saying I was unsuccessful - luckily wasn't my top choice for a graduate scheme but still a bit gutted. Wish they'd waited until after Christmas to be the bearer of bad news!

I do have one gripe though - I don't see why they felt the need to notify people they were 'successful' after the online tests - they should have waited until the paper sift to make contact with people, idk it just felt a bit like false hope, especially when it gets strung out for an extra 3 weeks.

Never mind, good luck to everyone going to the AC and those still waiting for results!

I second this. I just got the email, and I'm quite gutted. Poor tact to tell people on the 23rd December, and the email telling us our results for the verbal/numerical tests was completely pointless. Would have been far better to send you an automatic email upon completion, acknowledging that you had taken them, and telling you they'd now look through them and your earlier application info. False hope sucks.
Original post by Pegu

Also was unsuccessful, and my surname is S so may or may not be alphabetical! Not my top choice either so not too upset, but I agree, why say we've passed, and then say oh but actually you haven't. It makes more sense to do it in one go, but not the biggest deal. Definitely odd though.
Reply 73
Also rejected. Does seem a bit strange to say 'oh you passed the tests' then reject me three days later. On the other hand, it shows that my application etc. needs to be worked on rather than verbal reasoning tests being the reason i was rejected
Anyone not heard anything whatsoever, out of interest, with regards success or non-success at the sifting stage?

I've not heard anything but it seems peculiar that people have reported hearing back regarding all of: success, failure, and waiting list...

Wondering if I'm on my own in this regard or if there are others too!
I'm the same, haven't heard anything as of yet. Very confused at their process
Haven't heard anything either, but not feeling good about it at this stage. :s-smilie: They said they'd send out invitations this week but I suppose they never said anything about when they'll send out rejection/waiting list emails, and at this stage it seems unlikely that we'll hear anything back until after Christmas.
Original post by ChickenInvader
Haven't heard anything either, but not feeling good about it at this stage. :s-smilie: They said they'd send out invitations this week but I suppose they never said anything about when they'll send out rejection/waiting list emails, and at this stage it seems unlikely that we'll hear anything back until after Christmas.

I agree, I very much doubt that hearing back so late after offers is a good sign :/
Original post by Jlilypb
Congrats!
And sorry what do you mean about the exercises looking tough? Do they release more Info once you pick a date?

Yup, they send you a separate email with a little more info on the components of the assessment centre
Reply 79
Original post by kitkatzap
Yup, they send you a separate email with a little more info on the components of the assessment centre

What date did you pick and do you know if they wait for all the AC to finish before they make their offers or they make offers shortly after each AC?

Quick Reply

Latest