Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HM Treasury Policy Analyst Graduate Scheme 2016/17 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Can't find a thread for this year, anyone else applied?

Just did the SJT and general application. Really hoping to hear back, the starting salary for this compared to civil service is pretty good!

ReputationRep:
    Looking to apply, haven't started the application yet though. What's the general form like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyamianadult)
    Hey!

Can't find a thread for this year, anyone else applied?

Just did the SJT and general application. Really hoping to hear back, the starting salary for this compared to civil service is pretty good!
    Try the public sector sub forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roflcakes1)
    Looking to apply, haven't started the application yet though. What's the general form like?
    Just general info, previous work experience, a small SJT test and answering a couple questions about how you would deal with a policy issue scenario!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

Just completing my application now. I'm at the 2 written questions and situational judgments section. Just wanted to ask if you used the Civil Service framework to help answer in terms of using the same language / examples of competencies?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I started my application a few days ago and went on to complete yesterday, but am being told that the role is no longer available. Has anyone else had this problem?

The Treasury websites states that the deadline is Nov 11th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcarr)
    I started my application a few days ago and went on to complete yesterday, but am being told that the role is no longer available. Has anyone else had this problem?

Me too! I'd completed the questions offline so went to submit it today and now I can't. Kind of annoying!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcarr)

(Original post by Rhiannan94)
    Me too! I'd completed the questions offline so went to submit it today and now I can't. Kind of annoying!!

That's really weird! It might be a glitch - the civil service application has had so many glitches this year so maybe it's just in this process too. Have you emailed them?

ReputationRep:
    The exact same thing has happened to me. I emailed them yesterday but haven't heard anything from them yet. Hopefully they will respond soon!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else submit an application, receive and email of acknowledgement and then log back in to find their candidate homepage had not acknowledged their submission and showed an outdated, incomplete copy of the form instead? If so what did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkatzap)
    Did anyone else submit an application, receive and email of acknowledgement and then log back in to find their candidate homepage had not acknowledged their submission and showed an outdated, incomplete copy of the form instead? If so what did you do?
    How do you log back in? I think I've done it before but want to check it now!

ReputationRep:
    I definitely applied for this scheme, but now I can't find any way to log in and I stupidly deleted my emails and can't get that far back in my deleted folder to find them. Hearing about other applications not going through properly has got me worried!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjbx)
    I definitely applied for this scheme, but now I can't find any way to log in and I stupidly deleted my emails and can't get that far back in my deleted folder to find them. Hearing about other applications not going through properly has got me worried!
    I definitely applied to, and when I log back in it just said that I've 'registered my interest' so I'm not really sure if that counts as applying...

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if half our applications didn't register. That's going to be a right drama to sort out. After being rejected for fast stream I wasn't holding out too much hope but still like to keep living the dream that they would accept me, not looking too likely now hahah

ReputationRep:
    I did email them explaining that it looked like my application hadn't sent but they emailed back saying they received it so hopefully we should all be ok!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back? On the website it says we should be invited to online tests between the 11th - 20th November but I haven't heard anything at all? As someone above has said, can anyone advise how to log back in to check the progress of the application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roflcakes1)
    Has anyone heard back? On the website it says we should be invited to online tests between the 11th - 20th November but I haven't heard anything at all? As someone above has said, can anyone advise how to log back in to check the progress of the application?
    I logged in here, let me know if this works for you!

http://hmtreasurycareers.dev.tmpw.co...C3775CF456C8CC

ReputationRep:
    I literally just received an email inviting me to do an online numerical test so hopefully you'll hear something soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjbx)
    I literally just received an email inviting me to do an online numerical test so hopefully you'll hear something soon
    Same literally just received the numerical email!

ReputationRep:
    Just received a test invite also! Does anyone happen to know the difficulty of their tests (I haven't taken a civil service one before.. it might be similar to the fast stream?) Good luck to everyone

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.