The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick University English and Theatre QW34 Interview 2017

Hi all,

I've recently been invited to an interview to study the above at Warwick and was interested in statistics (I know, strange from an English student!) How many people apply, how many are offered interviews and how many actually get offers?

Also, if anybody else is attending on 27th Jan or 22nd Feb, talk to me! Furthermore, if people have had this interview in the past, are there any tips please?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by lauralovestea
Hi all,

I've recently been invited to an interview to study the above at Warwick and was interested in statistics (I know, strange from an English student!) How many people apply, how many are offered interviews and how many actually get offers?

Also, if anybody else is attending on 27th Jan or 22nd Feb, talk to me! Furthermore, if people have had this interview in the past, are there any tips please?

http://university.which.co.uk/university-of-warwick-w20/english-and-theatre-studies-3-years-9000-qw34
= 42% offer rate

Also
https://www.whatuni.com/degrees/english-and-theatre-studies-ba-hons/university-of-warwick/cd/54952086/3771/
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Hi all,

Hi! I've got my english and theatre interview tomorrow... so nervous haha!
Original post by Elly_Saurus
Hi! I've got my english and theatre interview tomorrow... so nervous haha!

I've done mine already! You have nothing to worry about. There are many interviewers but everyone I spoke to said they were lovely and friendly and we all had good experiences. Really informal - just a good chat. Let me know any questions you may have! Good luck :smile:
I've done mine already! You have nothing to worry about. There are many interviewers but everyone I spoke to said they were lovely and friendly and we all had good experiences. Really informal - just a good chat. Let me know any questions you may have! Good luck :smile:

Oh I'm glad it went well for you :smile: What sorts of things did you talk about? Is it mostly English based? That's the sort of impression I got from the open day talks. Great to hear from you!
Original post by Elly_Saurus
Oh I'm glad it went well for you :smile: What sorts of things did you talk about? Is it mostly English based? That's the sort of impression I got from the open day talks. Great to hear from you!

It really depends who your interviewer is. I just spoke about productions I'd recently seen and my interests in feminist criticism. Literally just a chat on your interests and some stuff on your personal statement. Some interviewers ask you to go 20 mins early and look over a piece of writing to talk about in the interview, but I didn't have to do that.
It really depends who your interviewer is. I just spoke about productions I'd recently seen and my interests in feminist criticism. Literally just a chat on your interests and some stuff on your personal statement. Some interviewers ask you to go 20 mins early and look over a piece of writing to talk about in the interview, but I didn't have to do that.

Oh okay, how much did you prepare?
I literally just went over my personal statement and made sure I had answers to any questions they had. Also went back over their course there so I was able to talk confidently about it. Just make sure you know basic questions like 'why do you want to study at Warwick?' As that was one they asked me. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest