The Student Room Group

Am i revising too much?

Hi! After taking winter break off to relax after doing my GCSE mocks last term I've gone back to school and begun to work on my revision timetable which in anticipating to start next week! I was planning to revise two different subjects for two hours every night but Saturday (which I'm planning to take off) but I've been told that I risk burning out if I revise two hours a night. I didn't think it was that excessive but does anyone else believe it is? Does anyone have any advice on how much I should be revising at this stage? I'm doing nine subjects, one of which is drama so I don't need to revise for it as such...
Reply 1
You're actually complaining..that you're revising too much? Lol.

I wish I were you, tbh. :colonhash:
Original post by eam0ss
Hi! After taking winter break off to relax after doing my GCSE mocks last term I've gone back to school and begun to work on my revision timetable which in anticipating to start next week! I was planning to revise two different subjects for two hours every night but Saturday (which I'm planning to take off) but I've been told that I risk burning out if I revise two hours a night. I didn't think it was that excessive but does anyone else believe it is? Does anyone have any advice on how much I should be revising at this stage? I'm doing nine subjects, one of which is drama so I don't need to revise for it as such...

No, that's not much.
Reply 3
For GCSEs maybe a bit overkill but definitely helps. See i never revised for GCSEs. A-Levels on the other hand, 7.5 hours a week per subject outside of class and clubs. I am doing 4 a-levels and an EPQ. 4th A-Level is my mother language so thats fine but BIO,CHEM+MATHS is deadly.
Just a word of warning - it's possible to put in all the hours in the world and still fail your exams.

Not trying to scare you as I'm sure you'll do fine, but having an effective revision strategy is just as important as actually revising.

I recommend looking up Cal Newport if you want to see what that strategy might look like.
Reply 5
No amount is too much if you take 10-15 mins break every 30-40 mins. That's how you an keep maximum concentration, and prevents burnouts. Breaks are key!!!
I personally feel like that is more than may be necessary, but if revising that much per day will make you feel confident when you walk into the exams, then by all means do it!
Just remember to take care of yourself by taking sufficient breaks and not stressing yourself out too much :h: You still have lots of time so don't beat yourself up if you find that you procrastinate/do much less work than planned on some days :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by eam0ss

dw thats not too much, for gcses i used to go hours on end. but if u wanna revise for 2 hours do like half an hour then 10 min break etc. some people cant cram. depends what works for u

Quick Reply

Latest