The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student1256
Do you mean girls? Why would that be? I saw a meme on memebridge about the same thing. Why is it that everyone hates St. John's guys but apparently girls seem to dig them? :laugh:

looooooooooooollll how do applicants now know about memebridge it's only been around for a few months

yeah john's is pretty nice on the eye, rich, and ball tickets.
Do you mean girls? Why would that be? I saw a meme on memebridge about the same thing. Why is it that everyone hates St. John's guys but apparently girls seem to dig them? :laugh:

Everyone thinks Eton boys are pretentious and weird but if one asked you out, you'd definitely consider it, lbr. Maybe the same applies to Johns?
Holy **** that episode
Good one - is Mickey back online?
Original post by AlcoholicCantab
Lot of crap southern/northern banter in this thread.

Boy you'll fit in perfectly at cambridge haha

I once saw a comment on a Jake Wright video saying "I thought northerners aren't aloud at Cambridge" I could see why you northerners weren't aloud at Cambridge...
Original post by Rachel58
Everyone thinks Eton boys are pretentious and weird but if one asked you out, you'd definitely consider it, lbr. Maybe the same applies to Johns?

You would consider it just cause he is an Eton boy?
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
Probably Atlee or Gladstone. Or Lord Palmerston.

Elaborate on this - is there a lot of regional banter at Cam?

if your rate atlee you should rate blair tbh.

Yeah a bit. There's barely any northerners though. Everyone i meet on swaps is always the cliched "grammar school in london" background
Original post by physicsmaths

Well yeah they've probably got rich parents and are likely to become rich themselves too
@Alcoholiccantab what choice of alcoholic beverage do you recommend for consumption post acceptance/rejection

Ibr? Eton? 😂
Nah, I'm done. Sherlock has fried my brain this week :tumble:

everyone secretly loves the posh boys.

people say they wont but next thing you know your with some guy in life in suit and society tie :smile:
Original post by physicsmaths

Unless he was outright creepy, yeah. When we went to Windsor for a school trip in Year 8 (only Maths school trip ever!!!), loads of girls took selfies with Eton boys because they seemed so elite and fancy and they were wearing their fancy uniform. I'm not that obsessed, but there's definitely some appeal because they're a bit mysterious and prestigious, plus rich with a good education :tongue:

But really, they're a bunch of rich weirdos.
Original post by metrize
Holy **** that episode

Any good? Didn't have time to watch myself.
Original post by liziepie
@Alcoholiccantab what choice of alcoholic beverage do you recommend for consumption post acceptance/rejection

unless your offer is unconditional, none.

Soo many people get an offer but don't meet the grades. Study hard kids then enjoy the massive summer.

Then again, clean neat gin is classy. or some crap white wine.
Ibr? Eton? 😂

Lbr = let's be real
Eton!!! Eton Boys School!!!!!!! I don't know the proper name but it's this fancy private school that is really prestigious and old.
I once saw a comment on a Jake Wright video saying "I thought northerners aren't aloud at Cambridge" I could see why you northerners weren't aloud at Cambridge...

everyone's allowed at cambridge

except if you voted brexit
Original post by zpx
In case I'll have to reapply for 2018, I actually consider applying for St John's.
-
-
-
-
-
Really, I actually do, lol.

St John's was my second choice hahaha
Original post by AlcoholicCantab
everyone secretly loves the posh boys.

people say they wont but next thing you know your with some guy in life in suit and society tie :smile:

You're*
Are you really a student at Cambridge? :rofl:
Original post by 210555
Any good? Didn't have time to watch myself.

Definitely, made up for last week

Latest

Trending

Trending