The Student Room Group

Vote your favourite logo design for me...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by minionzzz
and if you could only pick one which one would u pick

I'd probably choose 1
Reply 21
Original post by John smith33433
To be honest 3 looks like a fruit and veg shop logo to me

Original post by 1secondsofvamps
1 or 3

Original post by tamil fever

Original post by XOR_
OK. to be brutally honest:
1. Looks ok but generic
2. I wouldn't pick that, looks like a crosshair with a low res Z in the middle
3. The font looks a little like comic sans, I wouldn't pick this either
4 This looks like a button rather than a logo, I almost clicked it.

Ultimately I'd go with number 1 out of those 4.

Original post by AndrewSCO
Yeah sometimes just simple name in font is good enough. Works for tons of companies.

I think you could probably put the whole word just where the Z is now, I don't think it would have to be restricted into one box, you could make it work but putting it centred over the 3 boxes. I agree with the poster above, maybe an extra detail above/below the boxes too could add something.

Original post by harry293
Of the four logos you have designed I think that probably number 1 is my favourite. I like the fact it's quite symbol based which I think is good. If I were you, I'd remove the two lines from both side as I think this doesn't really add anything I'd also add 'Zakia' underneath in a dark grey or black while keeping the 'Z' in the middle of the diamond as it is. I have to be honest, my initial impression was that all of the others look quite unprofessional and fairly 'PowerPoint' created. If I were you I'd completely abandon those ones, but that's just my opinion. Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but I'm sure you'd rather have an honest opinion :smile: Hope the advise helps, and good luck with your business!

Original post by John smith33433
Because 1 looks more professional than the other 3, like Andrew said 2 and 4 looks very tacky and low quality. For 1 if you add some detail above and below the current logo then it will look pretty neat.

Original post by Shan_non
2 or 4, but maybe change the font to something less standard, maybe closer to the font of the Z in 2, and perhaps in a colour other than black?

Ok, so as some of you have observed, yes, these designed have been made on powerpoint but i kind of quickly wanted to make the designs before i made my favourite/best one in photoshop or something.
So, i took up some of your suggested comments and ideas and made these ones below. Do you mind to revote? i think i like 4.... what do you think.
Reply 22
Thanks, i kind of liked 1 and 3 myself, but i only took up 3 from looking at brands such as new look, chanel, river island etc. i made some changes to 1 that some people suggestion. (if you scroll through you will see the new picture i posted) do you mind to revote? and evaluate them explaining why you liked them and stuff, i really liked the way you explained your ideas.

Also, to answer your quesions. i want to display my logo in the banner of the etsy shop and also use it as my profile picture.
Reply 23
sorry, i couldnt post the other picture properly but ive attached it to this comment.

Zakia Logos 2.png

Zakia Logos.png

Hi, the best of luck with this! It seems like a great idea:yep:

I personally prefer the first one. It seems quite refined, sophisticated and visually appealing to me. The soft tones of the colour scheme suggest an idea of peace and tranquillity, and is also well suited to floral based designs too, which would work well with the boutique idea. The main drawback of this particular logo design would be the fact that it doesn't include the full title. Whilst this isn't necessarily, it does help with identification for customers. If you'd rather leave it as it is, that'd be fine too as it does look very good, in my opinion anyway.

3 is another option, should you not wish to use the first logo. It is certainly very clear and to the point as it contains the whole title and is a slightly darker, assertive shade. I'd say that if your business will be, and selling items that are, quite bold and that stand out, this may be the best option. In this way, it'd suit your shop very well.

As for logos 2 and 4, I'm not a massive fan of either. As I have said though, I'd think it best to think about how you want your shop to be represented then choose which of these logos reflects that the best. :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Matrix123

I personally prefer the first one. It seems quite refined, sophisticated and visually appealing to me. The soft tones of the colour scheme suggest an idea of peace and tranquillity, and is also well suited to floral based designs too, which would work well with the boutique idea. The main drawback of this particular logo design would be the fact that it doesn't include the full title. Whilst this isn't necessarily, it does help with identification for customers. If you'd rather leave it as it is, that'd be fine too as it does look very good, in my opinion anyway.

3 is another option, should you not wish to use the first logo. It is certainly very clear and to the point as it contains the whole title and is a slightly darker, assertive shade. I'd say that if your business will be, and selling items that are, quite bold and that stand out, this may be the best option. In this way, it'd suit your shop very well.

As for logos 2 and 4, I'm not a massive fan of either. As I have said though, I'd think it best to think about how you want your shop to be represented then choose which of these logos reflects that the best. :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your feedback, yes, i liked designs 1 and 3 too, if you scroll through the replies i have posted another picture where i have amended the designs according to the feedback recieved. if you dont mind, please look through it and re vote on one of the new designs thanks you.
Thank you for your feedback. and no it's ok, i'd rather have harsh and truthful to get on the right track.
Good observation, because i did make them in powerpoint lol. i did a logo generator, recreated some using powerpoint but i wanted to make a rough bunch of designs before i use a proper software like photoshop. Personally, i like 1 and 3 , but number 3 needs a bit help with the black parts but i an fix that later, and is that the only improvement you think that number 1 needs ('Zakia' in dark grey or black underneath)

You can make really good professional logos on PowerPoint and it's not really necessary to use something like Photoshop (if you've not had much experiance of using it that is).

I feel that number three looks the logo to a a dodgy tattoo parlour. If I were you, I'd try and make it more clean cut. Remove the Black and just have it one colour (I would change the colour to something more like the one in 1.), I might also change the font.
Reply 27
You can make really good professional logos on PowerPoint and it's not really necessary to use something like Photoshop (if you've not had much experiance of using it that is).

I feel that number three looks the logo to a a dodgy tattoo parlour. If I were you, I'd try and make it more clean cut. Remove the Black and just have it one colour (I would change the colour to something more like the one in 1.), I might also change the font.

Thank you.
I see what you mean about the tatoo parlour, i;ve just looked close into it. I posted a new photo in this disscussion and i took up some of the suggestions and amended the designs, please take a look. Thank you.
Reply 28
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I'd probably choose 1

Ok, so as some of you have observed, yes, these designed have been made on powerpoint but i kind of quickly wanted to make the designs before i made my favourite/best one in photoshop or something.
So, i took up some of your suggested comments and ideas and made these ones below. Do you mind to revote? i think i like 4.... what do you think.

Thanks, i kind of liked 1 and 3 myself, but i only took up 3 from looking at brands such as new look, chanel, river island etc. i made some changes to 1 that some people suggestion. (if you scroll through you will see the new picture i posted) do you mind to revote? and evaluate them explaining why you liked them and stuff, i really liked the way you explained your ideas.

Also, to answer your quesions. i want to display my logo in the banner of the etsy shop and also use it as my profile picture.

Original post by Matrix123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure if you've all seen the new amended designs, please comment and evaluate and suggest any things for these.

Zakia Logos 2.png
sorry, i couldnt post the other picture properly but ive attached it to this comment.

Zakia Logos 2.png

I like (2) but with the 'Zakia' underneath. (4) looks good though, I might change the font though to look slightly less old fashioned and to something slightly more modern? It might work or it might not just an idea.
Reply 30
Hey,

I'm a graphics designer. Logo one looks significantly better than the others, in my opinion.
Hope that helps.
Reply 31
I like (2) but with the 'Zakia' underneath. (4) looks good though, I might change the font though to look slightly less old fashioned and to something slightly more modern? It might work or it might not just an idea.

OK, so i've tried again but i understand what you mean, but i'm not sure what you mean about a modern font. I gave it ago tho.
Picture1.png
Reply 32
Original post by SyedHB
Hey,

I'm a graphics designer. Logo one looks significantly better than the others, in my opinion.
Hope that helps.

Thank you so much, alot of people have said logo one but have given suggestions, have you seen the new set of logos i posted, i amended the logo one. please have a look at the new pic i put on and suggest which one you like. thanks
Reply 33
OK, so i've tried again but i understand what you mean, but i'm not sure what you mean about a modern font. I gave it ago tho.
Picture1.png

Yikes! Logo one looked better before. :frown: :confused:
Reply 34
So, i want to start a etsy shop this year (probably in the summer). I want it to start off as an etsy shop and slowly be able to either open a store or online boutique of my own.
I want to sell handmade art, clothes and jewellery. I have started getting stuff set and ready and will carry on settling everything until about june ish where i plan on starting my etsy shop small and expand bigger.

i dont want to be "just another seller" so i'm trying to make it all as professional and appealing as possible. I made a few logo ideas and i need some help picking which one is the best. I want to keep it simple but i couldnt come up with simple ones.
I really like the first 3 in the picture but i cant decide on an ultimate favourite. Comment or reply the number of the logo design you like the best and any advice for me please. Thank you.

Zakia Logos.png

It is definetly between 1 and 3 for my preference. I dont know what it is about 2 but something just makes me not like it as much as the others. If I had to choose I would say 1 as it is unusual compared wih the others and its very clean and sleek looking. I like 3 also but it is just writing so I would probably go with someone thing which would stabd out like 1.
Reply 35
Original post by Exavior
It is definetly between 1 and 3 for my preference. I dont know what it is about 2 but something just makes me not like it as much as the others. If I had to choose I would say 1 as it is unusual compared wih the others and its very clean and sleek looking. I like 3 also but it is just writing so I would probably go with someone thing which would stabd out like 1.

THis was before tou modifications but I would still pick 1 after yur modifications
Reply 36
1 looks simplest and most professional
Picture1.png

I think that (1) looks good as it is now. What I meant about a more modern font was using something such as Malgun Gothic (...or something similar) but thinking about it more it might not really look good. One very minor thing is that it looks as if the diamond in the centre is not quite in the centre. I would have thought you would have needed to move one of the smaller diamonds on either side either closer or further away.
1 or 3

1: i would put something like a flower or a star at the ends of the horizontal bars

3: slightly smaller. change the purple into dark gold.
Reply 39
Original post by SyedHB
Yikes! Logo one looked better before. :frown: :confused:

omd ! lol cant please anyone. everyones asked be to do this and that and i have lol:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending