The Student Room Group

Who in their right bloody mind understands Statistics? Please? Tell me?

Pure maths...core mathematics is beautiful. Absorbing. Delicious.

And then we have Statistics. I suppose it doesn't help i have a moody Irish teacher. But good god, does anyone truly understand anything from this content?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anybody understand it? Sure.

Anyone in their right mind? I doubt that.
Reply 2
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_

And then we have Statistics. I suppose it doesn't help i have a moody Irish teacher. But good god, does anyone truly understand anything from this content?

50 people in a poll of 100 said they understand it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jape
Does anybody understand it? Sure.

Anyone in their right mind? I doubt that.

haha this^

that made me feel slightly better. slightly.

so OP, you are strong in the field of statistics?
I managed a strong B on an S1 practice paper after a few hours of learning it if that counts :lol:
Reply 5
Original post by ByronicHero
I managed a strong B on an S1 practice paper after a few hours of learning it if that counts :lol:

That's quick.

I did .not .at. all. all year but then in the half term holidays the week before the exam I worked from CGP guide and textbook and did many past papers....got me 95%
Original post by S2M
That's quick.

It's very simple. It also didn't stick. I moved on to S2 and managed something similar but then came back to it a week or two later and had mostly forgotten everything :lol:
Funny, I have a statistics exam tomorrow and I don't have a ****ing clue.
Did anyone ask yall to turn this thread into a brag fest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
It's very simple. It also didn't stick. I moved on to S2 and managed something similar but then came back to it a week or two later and had mostly forgotten everything :lol:

Ohh. :frown: Are you just doing it for fun?
Original post by Dhanny
Did anyone ask yall to turn this thread into a brag fest?

Posted from TSR Mobile

shut up dhanny and answer the question.

irritating swine.
I understand the statistics I have been taught (s1 and s2) and find some it very interesting, such as normal distribution and Hypothesis testing;they are however the lowest exam scores I have in maths apart from one decision module.
Original post by Nulliverse
Funny, I have a statistics exam tomorrow and I don't have a ****ing clue.

you poor thing??? Good luck, buddy.

i know how painful stats is...but try to revise? u can do it, my dude.
Original post by NotNotBatman
I understand the statistics I have been taught (s1 and s2) and find some it very interesting, such as normal distribution and Hypothesis testing;they are however the lowest exam scores I have in maths apart from one decision module.

the mere fact you can understand it is a mystery to me. but good on you, my fam.

interesting. what was your learning/revision techniques?
Original post by Jess_x
I did .not .at. all. all year but then in the half term holidays the week before the exam I worked from CGP guide and textbook and did many past papers....got me 95%

95%! Wow, well done!

I'll see if i can order the stats cgp books, thank u for this.
you poor thing??? Good luck, buddy.

i know how painful stats is...but try to revise? u can do it, my dude.

I'm trying now and it's all just a mind ****. Like I see my notes and think, hmm this is easy, I go do an exercise question and I'm just dumbfounded as the answer requires some special ass trick that I could not see at all. Eh I only need 40% to pass as it's a uni module and I'm pretty sure I can do that.
the mere fact you can understand it is a mystery to me. but good on you, my fam.

What parts don't you understand? If you give some examples, I or someone else might be able to help with it :smile:

Got 100 UMS on S1 and I don't think I actually understood any of it. (I would be happy to try to help though if you have any specific questions at this level)

Quick Reply

Latest