The Student Room Group

Please someone reply- family thing

So I got my braces yesterday and I am in SO much pain right now, but my dad doesn't understand. Basically, my mum said she didn't want just me to have soup all by myself while they eat the normal food we eat (which i really really love) so my mum made all of us soup. But my dad says that I just can't handle pain and that's why we're all having to drink soup. He suggests that I should try eat some normal food so that I learn how to handle pain and get used to eating again. Although i get his viewpoint it makes me feel like I'm some kind of burden or something that just can't handle anything. I've tried telling him that it hurts but he just says that I need to eat normal food so that I get used to the pain. What should I do?
I got braces about a year ago, and the first week was painfull. Stick to soft foods, like soup,rice it really helps! After a week, you'll get used to it and can enjoy apples and all your favourite foods! Just avoid chewy stuff, especially gum. If the braces pain gets intense, try something cold or put ice in your mouth it should ease the discomfort. It worked for me!
Reply 2
Thank you!
Getting a brace does hurt and it will hurt every time you have it adjusted. The pain will go away after a few days. Your dad sounds like a huge **** and I would tell him so, you do NOT need to get used to pain. In most people pain is abnormal and not something to be got used to as it is usually an indicator that something is wrong. Stick to soft food and if he can't handle that he can make his on bloody dinner.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending