The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Diversity at york

I am currently a Year 13 student who has gotten an offer from York

Can any current students please tell me what the diversity is like?

Have you experience racism while there?

Would you recommend it to a black male/female? Etc

Is the ACS active?
Original post by eastsideabdul

Is the ACS active?

Hey, thanks for your message, I know you haven't heard from any current students yet but here's a bit more information about diversity at York 🙂

There's this great blog from one of our students who shares their student experience.

We have a thriving ACS community who run events and opportunities. You can find them on insta @acsyork and could pop them a DM to find out more about their experience!

Check out our YouTube channel for vlogs from current Black student about the community at York: Joining York as a Black student and Why I chose York.
(edited 3 months ago)
University of York
York
Original post by eastsideabdul

Is the ACS active?

Hello, hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I'm Elizabeth a different UoY rep. I'm mixed and have found UoY really comfortable. I was initially nervous about moving to York as statistically it's a very monocultural city and I'm used to living in extremely diverse communities. However I've found the university to be a great place to be. I find I can relax here and I'm not constantly aware of my difference because I'm always with people from all over the globe. I've had no problems so a thumbs up from me for UoY :smile:
I'm not a POC but I have definitely noticed a distinct lack of diversity in certain courses, especially in Physics

Quick Reply

Latest