The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CutieTootsie
Btw, was the reference in bold referring to The Other Place? :wink:

Nope, they are quite low too but not second, or third in the list... :wink:
I was really hoping for a reinterview too, maybe from a mature college 😭 because my interview was ****, my application is ****, prospects are generally ****.

I feel you!
Original post by Joannn
How about eu students? Do you think Cambridge might be a little more lenient when it comes to assessing eu students' applications? And as far as I remeber, Cambridge interviews everyone, who "has a realistic chance of getting an offer". So, does it mean if your bmat score was abysmal, you'd get a pre-interview rejection? And if you get an interview, it means your bmat is passable..? I just want to relieve stress before the 12th...😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah mate, did you not hear about the Brexit vote? They're not taking in any EU Students at all this year. Not one.

Seriously though I assume if you got an interview your BMAT was acceptable. I know two people who did below average in the BMAT and got rejected pre-interview, both Girton applicants.
Original post by Joannn
How about eu students? Do you think Cambridge might be a little more lenient when it comes to assessing eu students' applications? And as far as I remeber, Cambridge interviews everyone, who "has a realistic chance of getting an offer". So, does it mean if your bmat score was abysmal, you'd get a pre-interview rejection? And if you get an interview, it means your bmat is passable..? I just want to relieve stress before the 12th...😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

They won't be more "lenient" no. They are fair to all applicants.
Reply 864
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
Nah mate, did you not hear about the Brexit vote? They're not taking in any EU Students at all this year. Not one.

Seriously though I assume if you got an interview your BMAT was acceptable. I know two people who did below average in the BMAT and got rejected pre-interview, both Girton applicants.

Original post by jneill
They won't be more "lenient" no. They are fair to all applicants.

Thanks for the response!! Still a nervous wait. Good luck to you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 865
Hi guys, I'm a new poster, just wondering how likely Cambridge are to make an offer above or below the standard grade requirements?? No way of killing time till I hear from them so I'm curious
hi, I've been pooled and have an interview on the 13th. How likely is it for pooled applicants with interviews to get an offer?
Original post by Svmxd
Hi guys, I'm a new poster, just wondering how likely Cambridge are to make an offer above or below the standard grade requirements?? No way of killing time till I hear from them so I'm curious

For which course? The typical offer is obviously the most common.

They might make a slightly lower offer for some courses - e.g. Maths A*A*A with 1,2 in STEP instead of 1,1.

Conversely it's not uncommon to get certain A-level subjects specified in the offer - e.g. Engineering A*A*A with A* in both Further Maths and Physics.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hollahollaholla
hi, I've been pooled and have an interview on the 13th. How likely is it for pooled applicants with interviews to get an offer?

Roughly 50%
Reply 869
Original post by jneill

They might make a slightly lower offer for some courses - e.g. Maths A*A*A with 1,2 in STEP instead of 1,1.

Conversely it's not uncommon to get certain A-level subjects specified in the offer - e.g. Engineering A*A*A with A* in both Further Maths and Physics.

Yeah that's the thing, it's for law so there's no real specific subject requirements!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0kaySadia_
WHY am I on Youtube watching Cambridge room tours... someone stop me from destroying myself pls :bawling:

Same, watching Cambridge vloggers 😂😂
Original post by Svmxd
Yeah that's the thing, it's for law so there's no real specific subject requirements! I already have an A* in a history A2 level so I'm trying to anticipate how that'll play into it.

What are your other A-levels?

Make sure you tell us your offer on Thursday :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4494572
(edited 7 years ago)
@wolfmoon88 the St Andrews is applied to (thanks a lot for mentioning that else I might not have returned to considering it). Also Durham. Gotta make sure there's some stress left for after the rejection too :wink:
Reply 873
Original post by jneill
What are your other A-levels?

Come back and tell us your offer on Thursday :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4494572

Doing Econ, Bio and Chem. I will do, cheers
Original post by jneill

A* in further maths and physics?!? Isn't that basically a round about way of them saying 3 A*s seeing as Maths would be an A* too
Original post by Svmxd
Doing Econ, Bio and Chem. I will do, cheers

I *expect* you will get a 3 A-level offer. So probably A*AA.

Soz...
A* in further maths and physics?!? Isn't that basically a round about way of them saying 3 A*s seeing as Maths would be an A* too

Indeed. And that was my son's offer (with the added joy of 1 in STEP I).
Original post by Christie_xx
Same, watching Cambridge vloggers 😂😂

Have you seen the borat visits Cambridge video
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Not necessarily, A* in further is possible without a* maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you seen the borat visits Cambridge video
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

omg no ill go watch it now :lol::lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending