The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wolfmoon88

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by jneill
Nope. You will see a very similar experience on this thread tomorrow. It's all a manual process, and some is outside the college's control (i.e. the post - there was one candidate last year who didn't get their decision for days... @physicsmaths (and they were a reapplicant)).

I know its stressful but, ahem, it is what it is.

AFAIK none are automated.

cf. King's: "We will email the text of the decision letter to all applicants on Thursday (12 January). This will take us some time, so you may not receive your email until Thursday afternoon. Thank you for your patience."
i.e. It's not automated.

Thank you for the feedback, I guess I'm
Glad I don't live in England then, since I don't have to worry about the letter thing. Seeing all those oxford guys stress over their mailman makes me realise my blessings 😂
I'm looking forward to constantly refreshing my email tomorrow.
Original post by CutieTootsie
Has everyone here only applied Russel group universities?

Plymouth is potentially my insurance (depending on how tomorrow goes) and I didn't realise how low they were on the league table. Oh well, their medical school is BOMB. #silverlining

Also St Andrews and a uni in the Netherlands, though St Andrews is quite high in there. The Dutch uni can either be pretty high or pretty low depending on which rankings you trust.

Plymouth is potentially my insurance (depending on how tomorrow goes) and I didn't realise how low they were on the league table. Oh well, their medical school is BOMB. #silverlining

I've got a place at University of Nottingham, so I'm using that as my insurance.
Anyone know whether Queens' send emails?
Original post by magails71

No emails to UK candidates were sent last year.
Original post by magails71

I don't know, but I kind of hope so

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm happy cause I haven't had trouble sleeping at least ^^
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Not long now guys

Unless, like me, you have to go through the interview process all over again

What happened fam? I lost tarck of the threads xD
Original post by vincrows

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 1730
Original post by neyscar
So many people at my school got Oxford offers, including some of my closest friends and I'm so happy for them! Kind of makes me more nervous for tomorrow though. I don't know how I'll react to a rejection if I do get one. Will I accept it and move on or spend the next week rocking back and forth in the corner of my room...? No clue tbh.

What school are you at?? Only 1 person in my year got an offer from oxford so far (still waiting to hear about 3 people) out of almost 20 people who initially applied...!
Original post by jneill
Interesting fact for today: South Africans (and some others) say "Hold Thumbs!"

PRSOM ☺️
Original post by Rolojo
What school are you at?? Only 1 person in my year got an offer from oxford so far (still waiting to hear about 3 people) out of almost 20 people who initially applied...!

2/6 people I know who went for oxford got in and I'm now even more petrified of my rejection tomorrow xD
Original post by Replusz
Anyone applied for Pembroke here?
Or someone from outside UK?

I applied to Pembroke :smile:

(for Engineering)
Original post by unknowntsr
@Murray Edwards Admissions

I was wondering if Murray Edwards sends out letters along with the email on the 12th and if they do, are letters only sent to those with offers? Also, do the DoSs/Tutors phone those with offers still and will that also happen on the 12th?

We're sending emails to everyone tomorrow (including those taken from the Pool) and the letters will go out to everyone today and tomorrow.

There won't be phone calls this year but I'll be on here to answer any questions people have.

I applied to Lancaster; rest were Russell Group. Didn't choose them based on being RG, however.
Just read thru the other place's thread to familiarise the feelings that I will have tomorrow 😂😂😭😭
Good luck for tomorrow everyone ❤️ Do we relocate to another thread after tomorrow (like 'offer holders' thread or something) or are we staying on here? I need to know where to post the outcome of my app next week or whenever it will be :lol:

It's been fabulous to get to know you all!

Until we meet again :h:
Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
I'll be on here to answer any questions people have.

Nice one.
If you have been pooled, what are your chances of an offer? IE what rough percentage of those pooled are made an offer?

Latest

Trending

Trending