The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IcedArizona
IT WOULD BE SOOO GOOD!! But lol just saw the 15% offer rate for France ^^ hopefully my school transcript is good enough but oh well we'll see tomorrow!

I might find out in two weeks time cuz no one is home and I'm boarding at school! But GOOD LUCK!!!!! :smile: :smile:
Original post by stefimzp
I have a funny story that I want to share with you all during these hectic moments.

that was one of the longest posts I have ever read on TSR. It was probably longer than all my posts combined, but thanks brightening this dark day (quite literally dark here). :smile:

I'm applying from Norway btw (and our dear Swedish neighbours are the reasons we have jokes at all.) We would have been a desolate, humourless country without you guys. :u:

So I want to wish you the best of luck tomorrow (and to all the non-Swedes out there as well)
Original post by jneill
The answer used to be that it was ok but I've seen comments to the contrary this year. Perhaps @Murray Edwards Admissions could confirm?

It's fine as long as the university in question isn't a UCAS university. You can't apply through UCAS when you have a live application from last year.
Original post by Gold-Confetti
Oh I'm not sure then! There just seems to be a lot more people here tonight than there has been previously. Even the hall was pretty full whereas other times there's only even been one or two. The staircase I'm staying on has quite a lot of students in the rooms too according to the board downstairs. Well, I certainly don't have a clue, so your guess is probably a lot better than mine :colondollar:

Maybe they're holding some special function tonight or something? Anyway, best of luck with your reinterview! :tongue:
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
Is anyone waiting until you get home from school to open or are you all just going to open the email in school? One of my friends opened his rejection email from Oxford in front of the class and it was pretty awkward, and depressing...

We don't all go to school
Original post by Xiuchen
I might find out in two weeks time cuz no one is home and I'm boarding at school! But GOOD LUCK!!!!! :smile: :smile:

You'll find out on track I think on friday or monday! Fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
It's fine as long as the university in question isn't a UCAS university. You can't apply through UCAS when you have a live application from last year.

Thank you for the clarification :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So on Monday my post came at 11:38, on Tuesday it was 11:44, today was 12:16. Looks like I'm finding out around lunchtime XD
Original post by wolfmoon88
Thank you for the clarification :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome. Sorry to hear about Oxford- just think of it as practice for the real thing! :wink:
Original post by IcedArizona
You'll find out on track I think on friday or monday! Fingers crossed :smile:

Thank uuuu!!! :smile:
Does anyone know if emails are sent out in alphabetical order?? 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lemonlime98
Maybe they're holding some special function tonight or something? Anyway, best of luck with your reinterview! :tongue:

Possibly. Maybe there's just quite a lot of students in this college who like to come back early or something. Thank you! Best of luck to you tomorrow as well :smile:
Original post by bbglop
that was one of the longest posts I have ever read on TSR. It was probably longer than all my posts combined, but thanks brightening this dark day (quite literally dark here). :smile:

I'm applying from Norway btw (and our dear Swedish neighbours are the reasons we have jokes at all.) We would have been a desolate, humourless country without you guys. :u:

So I want to wish you the best of luck tomorrow (and to all the non-Swedes out there as well)

I thought I'd write it in a humorous way to hopefully cheer up a few people on here :biggrin: our nations live in quite the symbiosis haha Swedes go to Norway to work and Norwegians go to Sweden to shop. It's a win win situation hahahah best of luck to you too!!

Btw, I just saw that 110 people applied from Sweden last year. That is quite weird seeing that there were waaaaaay fewer people than that doing the AA's this year :curious:
Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
You're welcome. Sorry to hear about Oxford- just think of it as practice for the real thing! :wink:

Thank you :smile:

Hahaha maybe :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gold-Confetti
Possibly. Maybe there's just quite a lot of students in this college who like to come back early or something. Thank you! Best of luck to you tomorrow as well :smile:

Quite a lot of students are starting to come back now! We don't officially have to be here until Tuesday but officially we're allowed to be here from today (at my college at least)
Original post by stefimzp
I thought I'd write it in a humorous way to hopefully cheer up a few people on here :biggrin: our nations live in quite the symbiosis haha Swedes go to Norway to work and Norwegians go to Sweden to shop. It's a win win situation hahahah best of luck to you too!!

Don't forget your neighbors the Finns :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by vincrows
Should be first class, but last year a few colleges sent some of letters by second class 'by mistake. '
Hoping it won't happen this year......

Thank you :smile: I'll keep my fingers crossed for no mistakes this year!
Original post by wolfmoon88
As the Oxford thread dies down here's my memorial to the fallen including myself:

There's a grief that can't be spoken.
There's a pain goes on and on.
Empty chairs at empty tables
Now almost all applicants are rejected and gone.

Here we talked of offers/rejection.
Here it was we lit the flame.
Here we sang about tomorrow
And tomorrow never came......... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did it go for you? If I'm allowed to ask.
Ugh it's been absolutely amazing talking to you all on this thread, I love how everyone is so kind and supportive. Even when I get rejected tomorrow I think I'll try to still be active on the thread :redface:

I hope everyone does really well, good luck!!
Original post by Whizbox
Quite a lot of students are starting to come back now! We don't officially have to be here until Tuesday but officially we're allowed to be here from today (at my college at least)

Thanks for clearing that up :smile: I just assumed the increased amount of people meant the students were back. At least I was half right I suppose!

Latest

Trending

Trending