The Student Room Group

Can you plagiarise a story for a WJEC GCSE English Creative Writing exam?

I want to copy a story from an anime so the teacher or examiner does not notice as its unlikely a 50 year old English teacher watches anime but just in case, I want to know if copying a story for the exam can get you 'done' for plagiarism.
Original post by DaemonBlackfyre
I want to copy a story from an anime so the teacher or examiner does not notice as its unlikely a 50 year old English teacher watches anime but just in case, I want to know if copying a story for the exam can get you 'done' for plagiarism.

As far as I know, No
Original post by Samosa and Vada
As far as I know, No

Thanks for replying. I guess I'll take the risk tomorrow in my mock and maybe give it a go in the real thing but to try to hide it as much as possible
Thanks for replying. I guess I'll take the risk tomorrow in my mock and maybe give it a go in the real thing but to try to hide it as much as possible

I do WJEC as well. What do you think of grade boundaries?

Why don't you use the idea but change it? For example in the mock I used an idea from something I read but changed the story and added some punctuation and vocabulary and got an 8... Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending