The Student Room Group

Gcse english courses

Which exam board would you say is the easiest?
im desperate
I've only done OCR and iGCSE (CIE) and found iGCSE much easier, what do you need help on? I do English at A Level :smile:
Original post by sfaraj
Which exam board would you say is the easiest?

I had to retake my GCSE English and the last attempt I took the iGCSE on the Edexcel board (I think it was, can't remember now) the iGCSE was easy as I took a self-study course and never had to do coursework for it :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ohhello92x
I had to retake my GCSE English and the last attempt I took the iGCSE on the Edexcel board (I think it was, can't remember now) the iGCSE was easy as I took a self-study course and never had to do coursework for it :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i resat aqa english but i need a B, so close damn coursework.

i looked online and found soo many edexcel courses, IGCSE too. so I think i might take your advice! thanks :smile:

if i do end up taking edexcel, could I message you so you could give me advice since I've never done edexcel
Original post by sfaraj
i resat aqa english but i need a B, so close damn coursework.

i looked online and found soo many edexcel courses, IGCSE too. so I think i might take your advice! thanks :smile:

if i do end up taking edexcel, could I message you so you could give me advice since I've never done edexcel

Aw bless, when I did AQA English, I kept getting D's as an overall grade :/ my coursework was absolutely fine (it was a C grade for my coursework) but was just the exam that got me -.- lol

You're welcome :smile: it is doable to get a B on the iGCSE (I managed to get a B on the iGCSE) so I'm sure you'd get a B or above :smile:

Yeah that's fine :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
@ohhello92x @Rhythmical

Im going to take the igcse edexcel A and I plan on self teaching myself, do you have any tips to achieve an A* or A? Bearing in mind im self teaching this to myself and my school has only done AQA.

do you have any resources?
Original post by sfaraj
@ohhello92x @Rhythmical

Im going to take the igcse edexcel A and I plan on self teaching myself, do you have any tips to achieve an A* or A? Bearing in mind im self teaching this to myself and my school has only done AQA.

Hey I found this which may be of use https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/International%20GCSE/English%20Language%20A/2011/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UG027048-International-GCSE-in-English-Language-Spec-A-4EA0-Issue-2-for-web.pdf which is the spec for your course,

and this link here has all the resources needed for revision https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/demo/en/qualifications/edexcel-international-gcses-and-edexcel-certificates/international-gcse-english-language-a-2011.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:Category%2FExam-materials
Original post by sfaraj
@ohhello92x @Rhythmical

Hey :smile:

The only resource that I only really used was past papers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending