The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wolfmoon88
I love Hamilton so much :tongue: :biggrin:

Same :biggrin: :biggrin: 😂😂 favourite song from Hamilton? Mine has to be My Shot :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

just butting in to this conversation because I saw the word Hamilton!! My favourite is probably Non-Stop because ahhh it's just amazing and the end of it is so great with the mash up of loads of other songs :biggrin:

My mum has also promised me Hamilton tickets for my birthday as it's coming to the UK this year!!
How far is Homerton from Sidgewick? Is the location of Homerton really that bad?
Original post by sir albert
Vincrows, many thanks for the info and for your kind words. Also for your support to all the applicants on here. Is very much appreciated.

Thank you for your kind words too. I didn't do much at all for the applicants of this cycle as I used to do for previous year, but it's been my pleasure to be a small part of your journey.
Now it's time for you to learn how to load your car efficiently with all the stuff your daughter needs to take there AND bring back. You'll have to do it 3 times x 3yrs!! :tongue:
Original post by magails71
How far is Homerton from Sidgewick? Is the location of Homerton really that bad?

Not bad at all compared to Girton in distance times, as it's only at most a half hour walk and much less cycling, but (in my honest opinion as a Cambridge resident) Hills Road is grim af. The college itself is lovely from what I've seen though!
Anyone know when UCAS Track will update? (Clare College if that makes any difference)
Original post by daniilS
Yes I am! Been studying it for about four years now, though the programme in school sucks balls so I've been on-and-off self studying it for about two years now, which has helped me achieve an okayish level of reading but I'm still terrible at speaking :lol:

Its hard to study Mandarin as a second language for sure, scientists have found you language abilities deterioates with age, however its even worse for Mandarin, because it is a tonal language and when you grow up you loose the ability to differentiate the different tones in Mandarin. So I think its amazing ur studying chinese tbh. :smile: I'm studying French and hoping to be fluent before my oral exam lol, and I hope to study spanish and Korean in the future :smile:))
Original post by agirlontheweb
just butting in to this conversation because I saw the word Hamilton!! My favourite is probably Non-Stop because ahhh it's just amazing and the end of it is so great with the mash up of loads of other songs :biggrin:

My mum has also promised me Hamilton tickets for my birthday as it's coming to the UK this year!!

Yaaaass more Hamilton fans!! It's so amazing oh my god! Agreed, non stop is a really good one. Who lives who dies always makes my friend cry like a baby haha 🙈

Lucky you! I think I'll be buying my own but my parents might possibly take pity on me 😂
Need to know which uni I'll most likely be going to so I know which month to book the tickets for haha!
got an offer from pembroke for mml (german and russian)!!!!! i'm over the moon i really didn't know how the application went but i couldn't be more thrilled :h:
Original post by Xiuchen
Its hard to study Mandarin as a second language for sure, scientists have found you language abilities deterioates with age, however its even worse for Mandarin, because it is a tonal language and when you grow up you loose the ability to differentiate the different tones in Mandarin. So I think its amazing ur studying chinese tbh. :smile: I'm studying French and hoping to be fluent before my oral exam lol, and I hope to study spanish and Korean in the future :smile:))

Haha, thank you. And I'm completely tone deaf lol--I can follow when someone is speaking HSK oral exam-level slowly, but when they go at a natural pace I might only get a few words per sentence :redface:

Will have to see how much free time I'll have to continue my studies in Cambridge :biggrin: (and if I'll stop being too shy to practise with people haha)

Ooh, good luck with your French! We had to study it for three years in school but I dropped it after that and have forgotten almost everything since then haha
Original post by daniilS
Thank you! and NEVER scare me like that again hahaha

See it as training for when you walk into your JCR at 10pm and all you see is a horror film playing on all the TVs :wink::rofl:
Original post by NeverLucky
See it as training for when you walk into your JCR at 10pm and all you see is a horror film playing on all the TVs :wink::rofl:

Nothing can compare to the fear of losing all hope upon reading someone like you got rejected :rofl:
Original post by allflakedout
got an offer from pembroke for mml (german and russian)!!!!! i'm over the moon i really didn't know how the application went but i couldn't be more thrilled :h:

Congratulations! :smile:
Original post by daniilS
Nothing can compare to the fear of losing all hope upon reading someone like you got rejected :rofl:

someone tag @domaths for me please I can't do it I'm on mobile :frown:
This ESPECIALLY applies to him 🙄
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by daniilS
Haha, thank you. And I'm completely tone deaf lol--I can follow when someone is speaking HSK oral exam-level slowly, but when they go at a natural pace I might only get a few words per sentence :redface:

Will have to see how much free time I'll have to continue my studies in Cambridge :biggrin: (and if I'll stop being too shy to practise with people haha)

Ooh, good luck with your French! We had to study it for three years in school but I dropped it after that and have forgotten almost everything since then haha

Thank you! Practice makes perfect! IF (IF) I get in, you can practice with me lol. And no matter what university I go to I do hope I'll have some free time......

And thank you! :smile:
Original post by Ruthie2267

@domaths :wink:

@domaths, @Ruthie2267 wants to speak with you.

Lool im sorry Ruth please forgive me :frown:
Original post by daniilS

Haha I'm not brilliant by any means, this was my second time applying after all. Also I got a C in my EPQ :rofl:
Original post by NeverLucky
Haha I'm not brilliant by any means, this was my second time applying after all. Also I got a C in my EPQ :rofl:

For some reason (maybe your seriousness about the NSAA) I had a sh*tload of faith in you though :lol:
Original post by Xiuchen
Thank you! Practice makes perfect! IF (IF) I get in, you can practice with me lol. And no matter what university I go to I do hope I'll have some free time......

And thank you! :smile:

If you don't mind repeating each sentence three times I'd love to :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending