The Student Room Group

Do universities mind if you drop EPQ?

I am currently in year 13 and have offers from my top choice universities. I'm doing 3 A-levels and the EPQ but really want to drop the EPQ. It's causing me so much extra stress and I know I'll get a bad grade. I honestly feel my general well-being would be much better if I didn't have the added burden. I want to drop it but know that it is very late to do so (our first drafts are due in a week). I do not mind if teachers are annoyed with me, but of course do mind if universities retract their offers. Has anyone else been in the same situation and dropped and universities have retracted or changed the offer? Or said they didn't mind?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by morg268
I am currently in year 13 and have offers from my top choice universities. I'm doing 3 A-levels and the EPQ but really want to drop the EPQ. It's causing me so much extra stress and I know I'll get a bad grade. I honestly feel my general well-being would be much better if I didn't have the added burden. I want to drop it but know that it is very late to do so (our first drafts are due in a week). I do not mind if teachers are annoyed with me, but of course do mind if universities retract their offers. Has anyone else been in the same situation and dropped and universities have retracted or changed the offer? Or said they didn't mind?

There's a possibility they could change your offer but you can ask before making a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest