The Student Room Group

Tell me every nickname you’ve ever had and how you got them

Scroll to see replies

Welsh Spice = Basically in our squad chat, we all have Spice Girls nicknames and my friend made me Welsh Spice (because I know a bit of Welsh:wink:)

Captain Cazza = Used to be my nickname on the geography chat:biggrin: Theres a similar one with my last name but I dont want anyone to know my last name so there!:tongue:

Colin = Basically yesterday, my geography class went to Starbucks and the lady called me Colin:tongue: Funny thing is, 2 others in my class got called Colin too :lol: Whenever I go Starbucks I'm just gonna be called Colin from now on:biggrin:

Weirdest nickname has to be Calliekins (from my friend between Year 7 and 11) which sounds like a brand of cat food:redface:
Original post by AppleB
he's a creep

:toofunny:

Spoiler

Original post by toonervoustotalk
Haha
:colonhash: no

Wahhhhhhttt?! Why not?! :unimpressed: it even has an abbreviation! GFP! Im gonna refer you to that now :rofl: i think its perfect :h:

Original post by AppleB
Midget - I'm 5ft :redface:
MoodyLocks
Moody Margaret
Cootiepatootie - my close bestie <3

Dawwwwww das so coooot!!!! :wink:
Reply 23
Fran, Franny (both not used anymore, I refuse to answer to them), Frankie (my aunt like to call me that).

Cesca (though that is what I introduce myself as mostly).

My daddy has a special nickname for me which no one knows about except immediate family, and that is how it will stay, sorry. :h:

I've noticed my bestie calling me 'C' which is cool. :cool:

Then, at the secondary school I sat my A Level Politics at, I was often referred to as the nerd/ the Hogwarts one.

My ex had a whole range of nicknames for me, but now I am plain old Francesca to him again. God, I hate my name. Francesca. What a stupid name, seriously, why that when everyone else in the family has Irish names?

Sorry, went off topic there. :colondollar:

edit: oh, and my hair is nicknamed 'The Mane', thanks to its curls and how - when it's down naturally - it looks like a mane. :tongue:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Yaz/Yassie/Yazoo because of my first name

The most frequent nickname I get called is 'The Wain'. Wain is a Scottish word for a kid and even though I'm 24, because I'm the only child and grandchild, my mum and grandparents forever call me 'the wain' :laugh: I'll no doubt still get called it when I'm 40 :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

nice to meet you Yasmin :ahee:

I picked up the nickname cbreef (pronounced see-breef btw) midway through school. Still don't know why :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IKEAPanda37
Welsh Spice = Basically in our squad chat, we all have Spice Girls nicknames and my friend made me Welsh Spice (because I know a bit of Welsh:wink:)

Captain Cazza = Used to be my nickname on the geography chat:biggrin: Theres a similar one with my last name but I dont want anyone to know my last name so there!:tongue:

Colin = Basically yesterday, my geography class went to Starbucks and the lady called me Colin:tongue: Funny thing is, 2 others in my class got called Colin too :lol: Whenever I go Starbucks I'm just gonna be called Colin from now on:biggrin:

Weirdest nickname has to be Calliekins (from my friend between Year 7 and 11) which sounds like a brand of cat food:redface:

hahahahaha awwwwww!!!! these are all so cute :rofl:

ngl i laughed alot at the cat food part- its soo true :rofl::rofl:
Chiny - nickname (based off real name) adopted in Year 3 when my teacher couldn't pronounce my name. Still used now.

'Chinny con carne' - a joke nickname made by my friends moments after 'Chiny' was made.

'Chin' - a variation of 'Chiny'.

'Chiny-bear' - an awkward nickname that I allow one person to call me. Possibly suggesting that my physique is almost the opposite to that of a 'bear'.
Original post by Airmed
Fran, Franny (both not used anymore, I refuse to answer to them), Frankie (my aunt like to call me that).

Cesca (though that is what I introduce myself as mostly).

My daddy has a special nickname for me which no one knows about except immediate family, and that is how it will stay, sorry. :h:

I've noticed my bestie calling me 'C' which is cool. :cool:

Then, at the secondary school I sat my A Level Politics at, I was often referred to as the nerd/ the Hogwarts one.

My ex had a whole range of nicknames for me, but now I am plain old Francesca to him again. God, I hate my name. Francesca. What a stupid name, seriously, why that when everyone else in the family has Irish names?

Sorry, went off topic there. :colondollar:

edit: oh, and my hair is nicknamed 'The Mane', thanks to its curls and how - when it's down naturally - it looks like a mane. :tongue:

one quite likes the name Francesca :yep: :h:
Loving the nicknames though!! they're cute! :yep:
Original post by Eternalflames
:toofunny:

Spoiler

yes he is :mmm:

Original post by CleverSquirrel
Wahhhhhhttt?! Why not?! :unimpressed: it even has an abbreviation! GFP! Im gonna refer you to that now :rofl: i think its perfect :h:

Dawwwwww das so coooot!!!! :wink:

aw :mmm: thanks panda
Reply 29
Original post by CleverSquirrel
one quite likes the name Francesca :yep: :h:
Loving the nicknames though!! they're cute! :yep:

Name like Francesca, it brings a lot of nicknames with it. Oh, forgot Ancesca (Anne-Jess-e-ka:the phonetic of it). My cousin couldn't pronounce Francesca as a kid, and would drop the Fr. It has stuck, and now all the new babies in the family call me that when they get round to learning my name :rofl:
Rolling Pin :smug:
Original post by AppleB
yes he is :mmm:

What did he do that's creepy?
Original post by Airmed
Name like Francesca, it brings a lot of nicknames with it. Oh, forgot Ancesca (Anne-Jess-e-ka:the phonetic of it). My cousin couldn't pronounce Francesca as a kid, and would drop the Fr. It has stuck, and now all the new babies in the family call me that when they get round to learning my name :rofl:

ooohhhh I see!!!!
daww that's so sweet!!! i love it when kids cant pronounce words/names- it sooo funny :mmm:

Original post by the bear
Rolling Pin :smug:

wait what? :hmmm:
Comic Sans as it contains most of my real name and I'm very into my technology so I get called a primary school font :lol:
Damn.

Spoiler

What did he do that's creepy?

ask him :mmm:
Original post by Airmed
My brother is the wain as well. :laugh:

I don't think wain is used in North Scotland. My ex is from Moray, and he had never heard of wain before until he met me (cause we use it in Ireland too).

Didn't know you used that word over in Ireland too! Go us! :tongue: :five:

I've never been to North Scotland, furthest I've been is Edinburgh :colondollar: hoping to take a trip up to the highlands this summer though :yep: hopefully they can understand my accent and lingo :teehee:
Reply 37
Original post by Spock's Socks
Didn't know you used that word over in Ireland too! Go us! :tongue: :five:

I've never been to North Scotland, furthest I've been is Edinburgh :colondollar: hoping to take a trip up to the highlands this summer though :yep: hopefully they can understand my accent and lingo :teehee:

Aye, we have a lot of cross over words :mmm:

I think they will, it is really beautiful up there :yep:
Original post by AppleB
ask him :mmm:

I already know :lol:
I already know :lol:

confirms he's a creep

Quick Reply

Latest