The Student Room Group

What stereotypes are you breaking?

Scroll to see replies

I think I break every single gender stereotype. I'm female and am not into cooking, make up, dresses or high heels. I'm not caring and am very laid back about matters. People are surprised how strong I am, how many pull ups I can do, how many kick ups I can do with a ball and how well I can climb. I'm very bad at multitasking too and can only focus on one thing at a time, people often say to me 'I thought women could multitask'. I also have the mannerisms of a lad apparently. No I'm not a lesbien despite all this, Ive broken that stereotype too.
I come from a vv conservative Muslim family and my main interests include watching gay men dress up in drag, sashay down catwalks while *****ing about each other's boob contouring

(RuPaul's Drag Race in case anyone's interested; definitely recommend)
All people with Asperger's are good at maths - I'm terrible at it! :tongue:
Original post by indigofox
I think I break every single gender stereotype. I'm female and am not into cooking, make up, dresses or high heels. I'm not caring and am very laid back about matters. People are surprised how strong I am, how many pull ups I can do, how many kick ups I can do with a ball and how well I can climb. I'm very bad at multitasking too and can only focus on one thing at a time, people often say to me 'I thought women could multitask'. I also have the mannerisms of a lad apparently. No I'm not a lesbien despite all this, Ive broken that stereotype too.

omg same!
Original post by UWS
You've pretty much mentioned every French stereotype I can think of :rofl:

I thought of more as well :colone:

- I don't smoke
- I'm not a mysterious, passionate lover *cries*
- I do shave.
I'm a 20 year old university student and I voted for Brexit.
I'm Latina and I can't dance :ahee:

Oh, and I can't eat any form of spicy food without tears streaming down my face.
(edited 7 years ago)
- I wear glasses, but I am not a nerd.
- My attendance is and has always been horrible, yet my grades have always been at least above average.
- I have good grades, but I rarely study.
- As a 17 years old college student, I did not live with my parents/adoptive parents/uncle/aunt/grandparents.
- I got my first white hairs at the age of 15.
- I am a Christian, yet I am not a religious fanatic, support gay rights, do not try to convert people to Christianity, do not shove Christianity down people's throats, and do not preach about how you will go to hell if you do not follow Jesus and my God.
- I am nowhere near as sex-crazed and party-oriented as the media makes out us 18-year-olds to be.
- I am a liberal who is against legalising marijuana/cannabis/etc.
- I am Romanian and neither a gypsy nor a thief (nor a vampire).
- 'Everyone has fallen in love at least once' - I have not.
- Usually, people first go to a night club after they turn 18. I first went to a night club when I was 11.
- I prefer Pepsi to Coca Cola by a mile.
- I watch plenty of anime, but I am not a weeaboo, do not cosplay, do not write terrible self-insertion or yaoi fanfics, do not live in my mother's basement, do not f*** anime pillows, do not have a waifu/husbando, etc.
- I do not drink alcohol at all (not even at parties), nor have I ever been a drinker of any kind.
- I have never watched 'adult films'.
- I am female and do not even know how to use an eyeliner properly (nor do I care).
- I am a girl whose hobbies are not shopping, gossiping, and putting on make-up.
- I am a white female and do not like Starbucks.
- I am a Romanian girl who is not attractive. :ahee:
(edited 7 years ago)
I am blonde, but not a bimbo
Reply 129
Original post by Michiyo
- My attendance is and has always been horrible, yet my grades have always been at least above average.
- As a 17 years old college student, I did not live with my parents/adoptive parents/uncle/aunt/grandparents.
- I am a Christian, yet I am not a religious fanatic, support gay rights, do not try to convert people to Christianity, do not shove Christianity down people's throats, and do not preach about how you will go to hell if you do not follow Jesus and my God.
- I am nowhere near as sex-crazed and party-oriented as the media makes out us 18-year-olds to be.
- Usually, people first go to a night club after they turn 18. I first went to a night club when I was 11.
- I watch plenty of anime, but I am not a weeaboo, do not cosplay, do not write terrible self-insertion or yaoi fanfics, do not live in my mother's basement, do not f*** anime pillows, do not have a waifu/husbando, etc.
- I do not drink alcohol at all (not even at parties), nor have I ever been a drinker of any kind.
- I am female and do not even know how to use an eyeliner properly (nor do I care).
- I am a girl whose hobbies are not shopping, gossiping, and putting on make-up.

Amazing list :adore:

Don't agree with that last one though...
Original post by UWS
Amazing list :adore:

Don't agree with that last one though...

Thank you :blush:

You do not know that :rofl:
Reply 131
Original post by Michiyo
Thank you :blush:

You do not know that :rofl:

I'm trying to help boost your confidence as we talked about :biggrin: Now agree with me :tongue:
Original post by UWS
I'm trying to help boost your confidence as we talked about :biggrin: Now agree with me :tongue:

As you say, then :rofl:
Original post by Tootles
Me too :lol: friends used to constantly ask me to tune instruments for them because my ears are sharper than their little electric tuner things. I can tell if something's out of tune, even if it's just by a couple of Hertz.

Erm. There's a few for me though..

I'm a writer, but I'm badly dyslexic.

I'm a computer nerd, but I really ****ing hate computers.

I'm good at maths, but awful with numbers.

I'm a nerd in general, but I like some modern music (which apparently we aren't supposed to... :lolwut: ).

I'm an Asperger but I'm perceptive and empathic and can get along with people.

I'm not a hipster, but I have a collection of LPs and tapes.

Just off the top of my head :h:

Same here apart from being dyslexic and hating computers.
I'm bisexual but not that promiscuous,
Ginger and not angry all the time or wild or promiscuous (again)
Religious but I don't ever talk about it (none of that shoving it down peoples throats nonsense)
I'm an art student but I don't take xanax and wear hareem pants
I'm welsh and I don't shag sheep
I'm white and mayo makes me feel ill
I left home at 17, but not because my family is poor or because my parents are abusive
I'm only five foot tall but I don't have a napoleon complex about it or wear heels all the time to compensate
Do anal, don't own a choker
Reply 135
I'm a complete geek/nerd and can't stand Star Trek, can watch but don't really like Star Wars, but love Doctor Who.
Original post by Michiyo

You sure break alot of stereotypes:biggrin:
I kind of fit one stereotype :lol: :erm:

Spoiler

Original post by toonervoustotalk
You sure break alot of stereotypes:biggrin:
I kind of fit one stereotype :lol: :erm:

Spoiler

Acceptable. :yep: Chicken is so delicious that it does not matter :love:

Spoiler

I basically never drink tea....I don't even own a mug.
im not stupid

Quick Reply

Latest