Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
I don't think you know what being a good Muslim girl means lol

You show it on here more than enough :wink:
Original post by yudothis
You show it on here more than enough :wink:

I'm flattered.
Original post by memesherrif101
he has apologised for what he has said and there's really not much else he can do. Something he said 9 years ago is by no means representative of his opinion on women now;You must be incredibly bitter and incapable of forgiveness if you think it is. Imagine if we were all defined by regrettable things we had said in the past,

So what you're going to act like the things he's saying now are perfectly acceptable?
How about the more recent things he's said about women? The things he said about Alicia Machado calling her "Miss Housekeeping" and "Miss Piggy" which he has made no apology for.
Or the things he said to Megyn Kelly calling her a "bimbo" and asking her if she was menstruating. And his apology to her 9 months later? "Did I say that? Excuse me. Over your life you've probably been called a lot worse."

How about the time when he insulted his female Republican opponent based on her physical looks "Look at that face. Would anyone vote for that?"

Oh oh or we could talk about the time he blamed sexual assault on cohabitation- because men and women clearly just can't share the same living quarters can they? Or the copious amounts of sexual remarks he's made about his daughter. Or his comments about breastfeeding being disgusting.
Or his creepy jokes about oral sex with a contestant on the apprentice?

You need to open your eyes if you think that Trump has actually changed at all and shows any remorse for his words 9 years ago. You think he was actually sorry? He was just sorry that he got caught.
And the things he says now proves that he is still the same man with the same degrading views on women.
Original post by Dandaman1
I think you missed the suffragette movement by almost a century.

1. Women have all the same rights men have. You are equal, as per the law.

2. If you want more women in politics, run for Parliament more often. And aren't the heads of the UK, Scottish and N. Irish governments all women anyway?

3. If you want equal average pay, work more hours, take less time off, and don't get married or have children.

4. If you don't want to be the disproportionate victims of crime and violence, don't do anything, because you aren't.

5. If you want more resources spent on your health and well-being than men (despite having longer life expectancies and lower rates of homelessness and suicide), again, don't do anything, because more resources are already spent on you.

6. If you want more girls in university getting an education... You get the picture.

7. But if you want to take to the streets and act like you're doing something important, go right ahead. Make a whole bunch of noise over your first world problems and non-existent oppression, you suffragette wannabes.

I was marching for the rights of gay women
trans women
women of colour
refugee women
for sexual assault and rape victims male or female
or reproductive rights for women over the world (not necessarily britain)
for healthcare for all people no matter what class (attacks to the NHS and obamacare)
and most women were there marching for the same things.

But yeah ok, lets address your thing soon as you feel the need to patronise and put down what has been a historic day of protest all over the world (the march reached antartica)

1. We are equal according to the law. In Britain. That isn't the same all over the world. And women are not necessarily equal in society (see the recent comments made on sky news about female rape victims and short skirts as well as the comments about women marching for free manicures)

2. That's easy for you to say. I do want to go into politics, personally. But I know some women feel shouted over by men in political discussion and debate (much like what is happening with the comments surrounding this march...hmm)

3. 'Don't get married or have children' so you think its fair that men can get married and have children without it impacting their career??

4. I've never said anything like this personally and haven't seen any other women saying so so I won't respond

5. Pretty sure that isn't what women are asking for. And women in some countries want better reproductive rights - don't know if this is what you're alluding to?

6. In britain, there are more women in university anyway... don't see anyone complaining about that. But women tend to get a better education than men, but don't do so well in their careers

7. I'm sorry that you can't see the importance of this march. The thousands of men I saw at the march yesterday obviously think differently.

Stop looking at the world through a western lens. Women all over the world were marching in solidarity with each other and each other's problems. It wasn't about Britain. It wasn't even about america. Or feminism. It was about women.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by greysychology
Nope you didn't fix anything mate. Think they had it right in the first place.

No, I've re read it multiple times and I'm pretty sure it was about a group of naive idiots.
This is what a real woman sounds like:-

"I am not a "disgrace to women" because I don't support the women's march. I do not feel I am a "second class citizen" because I am a woman. I do not feel my voice is "not heard" because I am a woman. I do not feel I am not provided opportunities in this life or in America because I am a woman. I do not feel that I "don't have control of my body or choices" because I am a woman. I do not feel like I am " not respected or undermined" because I am a woman.
I AM a woman.
I can make my own choices.
I can speak and be heard.
I can VOTE.
I can work if I want.
I control my body.
I can defend myself.
I can defend my family.
There is nothing stopping me to do anything in this world but MYSELF.
I do not blame my circumstances or problems on anything other than my own choices or even that sometimes in life, we don't always get what we want. I take responsibility for myself.
I am a mother, a daughter, a wife, a sister, a friend. I am not held back in life but only by the walls I choose to not go over which is a personal choice.
Quit blaming.
Take responsibility.
If you want to speak, do so. But do not expect for me, a woman, to take you seriously wearing a pink va-jay-jay hat on your head and screaming profanities and bashing men.
If you have beliefs, and speak to me in a kind matter, I will listen. But do not expect for me to change my beliefs to suit yours. Respect goes both ways.
If you want to impress me, especially in regards to women, then speak on the real injustices and tragedies that affect women in foreign countries that do not that the opportunity or means to have their voices heard.
Saudi Arabia, women can't drive, no rights and must always be covered.
China and India, infantcide of baby girls.
Afghanistan, unequal education rights.
Democratic Republic of Congo, where rapes are brutal and women are left to die, or HIV infected and left to care for children alone.
Mali, where women can not escape the torture of genital mutilation.
Pakistan, in tribal areas where women are gang raped to pay for men's crime.
Guatemala, the impoverished female underclass of Guatemala faces domestic violence, rape and the second-highest rate of HIV/AIDS after sub-Saharan Africa. An epidemic of gruesome unsolved murders has left hundreds of women dead, some of their bodies left with hate messages.
And that's just a few examples.
So when women get together in AMERICA and whine they don't have equal rights and march in their clean clothes, after eating a hearty breakfast, and it's like a vacation away that they have paid for to get there...
This WOMAN does not support it."
Original post by greysychology
So what you're going to act like the things he's saying now are perfectly acceptable?
How about the more recent things he's said about women? The things he said about Alicia Machado calling her "Miss Housekeeping" and "Miss Piggy" which he has made no apology for.
Or the things he said to Megyn Kelly calling her a "bimbo" and asking her if she was menstruating. And his apology to her 9 months later? "Did I say that? Excuse me. Over your life you've probably been called a lot worse."

How about the time when he insulted his female Republican opponent based on her physical looks "Look at that face. Would anyone vote for that?"

Oh oh or we could talk about the time he blamed sexual assault on cohabitation- because men and women clearly just can't share the same living quarters can they? Or the copious amounts of sexual remarks he's made about his daughter. Or his comments about breastfeeding being disgusting.
Or his creepy jokes about oral sex with a contestant on the apprentice?

You need to open your eyes if you think that Trump has actually changed at all and shows any remorse for his words 9 years ago. You think he was actually sorry? He was just sorry that he got caught.
And the things he says now proves that he is still the same man with the same degrading views on women.

What's worse is not so much that Trump is a creepy old sex pest and misogynist, but that a large minority of Americans voted him into office notwithstanding that. Clearly the US still has a long way to go on understanding that the domination of white, middle aged men over economic and political power is not the only possible way to run a society. Trump epitomises that domination.
Original post by nutz99

So when women get together in AMERICA and whine they don't have equal rights and march in their clean clothes, after eating a hearty breakfast, and it's like a vacation away that they have paid for to get there...
This WOMAN does not support it."

Why can't people from privileged communities or backgrounds protest on behalf of the oppressed? Who better to kick up a fuss - they have more time, money and health and can use it for a good cause. It's much harder for women in Africa or many parts of Asia to be heard than it is for women in America or Europe - which is precisely why we must protest.

Also, it is a right wing fantasy and lie that 'women are all sorted' in the US - Trump is visible proof that this is far from the case. Under his 'leadership' (oppression) we are now going to see a wave of attacks on all aspects of women's rights in America.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nutz99
This is what a real woman sounds like

One woman's opinion, wow.
Original post by HAnwar
I don't think you know what being a good Muslim girl means lol

Sassy one.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Why can't people from privileged communities or backgrounds protest on behalf of the oppressed? Who better to kick up a fuss - they have more time, money and health and can use it for a good cause. It's much harder for women in Africa or many parts of Asia to be heard than it is for women in America or Europe - which is precisely why we must protest.

Also, it is a right wing fantasy and lie that 'women are all sorted' in the US - Trump is visible proof that this is far from the case. Under his 'leadership' (oppression) we are now going to see a wave of attacks on all aspects of women's rights in America.
Yes take the easy option and protest about Trump. There is no evidence that anything is going to change for women under his presidency. You've been had. Don't you even wonder who is financing these marches? Don't you even wonder how so many people attended these marches in such a short space of time? There are people behind this who want to bring down America - they don't give a toss about women or human rights.

If you really cared about women's rights then you'd be protesting outside the embassies of countries like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran and so forth. Where were the banners protesting against these countries?
Original post by nutz99
Yes take the easy option and protest about Trump. There is no evidence that anything is going to change for women under his presidency. You've been had. Don't you even wonder who is financing these marches? Don't you even wonder how so many people attended these marches in such a short space of time? There are people behind this who want to bring down America - they don't give a toss about women or human rights.

If you really cared about women's rights then you'd be protesting outside the embassies of countries like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran and so forth. Where were the banners protesting against these countries?

I don't disagree about protesting against the governments you mention, although its worth noting that there have often been protests at embassies in London for example that are thinly mentioned in British media - UK media in general tend to operate under a blackout on Saudi Arabia, due to the massive pressure to sell them weapons systems. Perhaps people on the right would be better paying attention to the latter, as this causes most of the subservient attitude we have towards the corrupt Kingdom - yet you won't hear a word against them from Tory circles. Too much money changing hands.

Your point about financing of marches is conspiradroid twaddle and I won't climb into the paranoia.
I don't disagree about protesting against the governments you mention, although its worth noting that there have often been protests at embassies in London for example that are thinly mentioned in British media - UK media in general tend to operate under a blackout on Saudi Arabia, due to the massive pressure to sell them weapons systems. Perhaps people on the right would be better paying attention to the latter, as this causes most of the subservient attitude we have towards the corrupt Kingdom - yet you won't hear a word against them from Tory circles. Too much money changing hands.

Your point about financing of marches is conspiradroid twaddle and I won't climb into the paranoia.
Yet it seems to be the opposite situation in America whereby Obama & Clinton were in bed with the Saudis selling them all the arms they wanted whereas Trump wants to pull the plug on the Saudis.
Under his 'leadership' (oppression) we are now going to see a wave of attacks on all aspects of women's rights in America.

Oh, well it's a good job you sorted it all out by making a bit of noise in London then.
Reply 114
Original post by viffer
Does the first sentence relate to the second?

Nah, it's the signature from the mobile app
Serious question.

What kind of man would willingly participate in a "Women's March" ?

Its bad enough going shopping with just one of them!
Why can't people from privileged communities or backgrounds protest on behalf of the oppressed? .

Because no-one asked them to. Especially not the oppressed.

They don't represent anybody except their self indulgent selves.

In the US the oppressed voted for Trump or not at all.

Suck it up buttercup. :biggrin:
Original post by Moura

NONE of my male friends or close family would ever joke about sexual assaulting a woman.

Maybe not in front of you they don't...?

:wink:
Am I alone in thinking, when I see these dreadful, revolting (in every sense of the word!), screeching wimmen that, although it is hard not to have doubts about Trump, if these harridans are against him, he must have something going for him?
Reply 119
Original post by CyclePath
Maybe not in front of you they don't...?

:wink:

Don't judge others by your own low standards. Surprisingly I know my friends and family and know they don't.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending