The Student Room Group

Birkbeck college, university of london

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know any information about Birkbeck college? I am planning to do my law(undergraduate) there. Somehow their website are not so helpful and it is harder for me to know more details about their college since i am an international student.

Help me out if you know anything about Birkbeck :smile:
Is there anything specific that you would like to know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm considering doing a Law degree here. How's the program? I do like that the school is in the middle of London and classes are held in the evening. Also how's the postgraduate programs at the school? I can't find the ranking of this school anywhere.
Original post by Coolsbreeze
I'm considering doing a Law degree here. How's the program? I do like that the school is in the middle of London and classes are held in the evening. Also how's the postgraduate programs at the school? I can't find the ranking of this school anywhere.

The one aspect which seems to distinguish Birkbeck from other universities, as you have mentioned is the evening teaching - this often enables students to work, but also gain work experience related to their degree whilst they study.

Birkbeck doesn't seem to rank in the league tables, but I don't think that the rankings provide much of an insight into the University itself.

The seem to have a stronghold in research - apparently they're in the top 1%. From what I've heard and researched, the law degree programme at Birkbeck seems to be quite good in the sense that the tutors conduct their own and publish research often in topics which they teach.

It depends on what area of law you're interested in. Birkbeck offers optional modules in their law degree that cannot be found at other Universities such as modules focused on research writing.

I hope this helped.
Original post by Coolsbreeze

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2017/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/country/2784/subjects/3093/sort_by/rank_label/sort_order/asc/cols/rank_only
Reply 5
Hello,
Does anyone here currently studies Film and Media at Birkbeck and can give me an idea of what is it like?thanks:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending