The Student Room Group

which company could realistically takeover Greggs (PLC)?

^^

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Please don't give me a heart attack. For a minute then I thought Greggs was closing!

If Greggs was ever bought out it would most likely be someone like Allied Bakeries who would keep the brand name as Greggs
Reply 2
Big supermarkets? Tesco Sainsburys etc
Whitbread
Reply 4
Original post by elekro

I believe Tesco sold a bakery recently to focus on their own brand. I'll have a look at Sainsburys
Reply 5
Original post by nutz99
Please don't give me a heart attack. For a minute then I thought Greggs was closing!

If Greggs was ever bought out it would most likely be someone like Allied Bakeries who would keep the brand name as Greggs

thanks for the suggestion, any idea who the parent company of Allied Bakeries is?
Reply 6
Original post by Blyts-_
thanks for the suggestion, any idea who the parent company of Allied Bakeries is?
Associated British Foods
Could really do with a greggs right now :sogood:
Don't know but I think Iceland have a deal with Greggs
Original post by ChickenMadness
Could really do with a greggs right now :sogood:

I went to Greggs yesterday to get ( my favourite ATM ) a chicken katsu bake ( their healthy one ) and- and they said they'd not gotten any that day. :puppyeyes: Now I'm scared it's discontinued forever.
Original post by Shadow Hunters
Don't know but I think Iceland have a deal with Greggs

They do. They taste exactly the same as well. I buy frozen chicken bakes from iceland.

Original post by Shadow Hunters
I went to Greggs yesterday to get ( my favourite ATM ) a chicken katsu bake ( their healthy one ) and- and they said they'd not gotten any that day. :puppyeyes: Now I'm scared it's discontinued forever.

so sad
Original post by ChickenMadness
They do. They taste exactly the same as well. I buy frozen chicken bakes from iceland.

so sad

Could defo eat a chicken bake right now. :cookie:

Ikr? Tragic. I got a steak bake instead and I felt guilty because I wasn't choosing the healthy choice. :cry:Was tasty though. :tongue:
Original post by elekro

Original post by Fallen Star
Whitbread

This.

No rival could realistically afford them however there are a number of conglomerates like Whitbread or complementary prospects like a supermarket.
Reply 13
What market would you say Greggs is in? Food on the go? Bakery retailer? Who are Greggs' competitors?
Original post by Blyts-_
What market would you say Greggs is in? Food on the go? Bakery retailer? Who are Greggs' competitors?

Is this your homework?
Reply 15
Original post by 999tigger
Is this your homework?

yep, I have done some of my own research btw, not just hoping for answers, just unsure about the market of Greggs and its competitors
Original post by Blyts-_
yep, I have done some of my own research btw, not just hoping for answers, just unsure about the market of Greggs and its competitors

All the info can be found with a quick google.

What market? Think about what they sell and who their customers are.
In recent times they have one from bakers who sold sandwihes and hot snacks to focusing on hot snacks.

If you were out for a bite to eat, then who sells similar products? They are the competitors.
http://www.referenceforbusiness.com/history2/93/Greggs-PLC.html
Reply 17
Any idea how I could find out why Greggs' dividend price remained at 13.50 during 2012-2014? Or perhaps someone here already knows?
Original post by 999tigger
All the info can be found with a quick google.

What market? Think about what they sell and who their customers are.
In recent times they have one from bakers who sold sandwihes and hot snacks to focusing on hot snacks.

If you were out for a bite to eat, then who sells similar products? They are the competitors.
http://www.referenceforbusiness.com/history2/93/Greggs-PLC.html

FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) would be the market, within that it would be fast food/snacks
Probably a big supermarket store, such as Lidl, Asda or Tesco

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending