The Student Room Group

President Trump signs order withdrawing USA from Trans-Pacific trade deal

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Not surprised at all tbh... he said he was going to do this all along
Like it or not, the future is one where Globalism is fundamental to our survival. This is just delaying and complicating an inevitable stage of our development as a race.
IT also means that TPP will not happen, it's impossible for the criteria which brings it into force to be met now.
Original post by Mathemagicien
You aren't surprised by politicians carrying out their campaign promises? I am.

Not this specific promise, no.

Usually, yeah.
Reply 5
Doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence that Britain will be securing a comprehensive free trade deal with the US any time soon.
Trump's done more in four days than Obama ever did in eight years. Looks like America is finally on the rise again.
Original post by Len Goodman
Trump's done more in four days than Obama ever did in eight years. Looks like America is finally on the rise again.

You are hilarious pls dont ever stop
Im soooooooooooooooo happy that Donald Trump has withdrawn USA from TTIP.

He has just saved America from a deal that would have made things VERY VERY difficult for the working class of America.

Thank you sooo much God for making this happen. Thank you God for a hard Brexit.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Naveed-7
Im soooooooooooooooo happy that Donald Trump has withdrawn USA from TTIP.

He has just saved America from a deal that would have made things VERY VERY difficult for the working class of America.

Thank you sooo much God for making this happen. Thank you God for a hard Brexit.

He hasn't withdrawn the US from TTIp though, TPP=/=TTIP
Original post by knightchildish
You are hilarious pls dont ever stop

PRSOM
Do people realise that this was a symbolic gesture? The deal had not been ratified by Congress.

I'm also confused as to why right wing, 'pro-business' individuals are so happy that the US might pull out of a thoroughly pro-business trade agreement...
Is there good reason to believe Obama was a demagogue ?
Original post by Bornblue
Do people realise that this was a symbolic gesture? The deal had not been ratified by Congress.

I'm also confused as to why right wing, 'pro-business' individuals are so happy that the US might pull out of a thoroughly pro-business trade agreement...

Criticism of this issue came from both sides, so stop making it a partisan issue.
At least he kept his word, better than most politicians.

[video="youtube;KUDjRZ30SNo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDjRZ30SNo[/video]
Original post by Aceadria
Criticism of this issue came from both sides, so stop making it a partisan issue.

It's a fact that this agreement is very pro business , why are pro business right wing folk opposing it?

I can understand left wing democrats but right wing Republicans?

Pathetic.
Many Republicans supported it, Democrats largely opposed

People, largely those who label themselves progressives have been protesting against it all over the world

This is a good thing Trump even those who dislike Trump can agree
It's a fact that this agreement is very pro business , why are pro business right wing folk opposing it?

I can understand left wing democrats but right wing Republicans?

Pathetic.

Your stating it's a fact without evidence does not make it so.
Original post by Aceadria
Your stating it's a fact without evidence does not make it so.

It reduces trade barriers and allows businesses to sue governments.

It's very pro busiensss and the main opposition hasn't come from the Sanders left.

Yet trump opposes it and all of a sudden his hard right wing economic supporters support it too?!
It reduces trade barriers and allows businesses to sue governments.

It's very pro busiensss and the main opposition hasn't come from the Sanders left.

Yet trump opposes it and all of a sudden his hard right wing economic supporters support it too?!

And we go back to where we started. Stop looking at this issue as a partisan one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending