The Student Room Group

Masters, CPR & Funding

Good Evening

I am looking for further guidance on my situation, I'm currently a Masters Student under SFW studying in Wales. My year started ok but between me also dealing with the issue of my transition referral (I am a Trans student) as well as pressure from the course on top of medication not working properly, I made plans to end my life 4-6 weeks ago because it was better than what I was going through, this is in addition to self-harm problems I have had for a few years now besides.

Now I did not go through with it (Unless this is my purgatory, in which case its weird) and instead was "advised/forced by a friend" to engage with Student Support, my GP and Local Mental Health support and I have made progress but this came at the same time as all my essays for my three 2nd Semester Modules meaning I haven't submitted anything for them and have failed all three.

Now my university support service believe I have CPR and from evidence they have seen think SFW should fund me a full second year for my masters on grounds of my mental health however my University Money Team think that because I have received all my Post Graduate Loan (Payment was on 17th April at the tail end of all this and I was in no fit state to think about it at the time) that SFW will say "Thats it, that's your lot".

This has then not been helped further by finding conflicting information over the internet with some being told yes, some being told no and I can't find anything solid as to is their a chance or not.

Basically, I would like to know, is their a chance of a second year of funding as I would love to complete my course with both the support I need and a better frame of mind than I have currently or should I just give up now.

Thank you
CptMidlands
Reply 1
I'm not sure if bumping if a thing here but any advice would be welcome,
Reply 2
If you give SFW PG masters a ring on 0300 100 0494, they are super helpful in understanding CPR and how you can apply.

One thing to note is that you must have withdrawn from your previous masters course before being able to explore this option. You must provide evidence to support a claim that withdrawal from a previous course was for compelling personal reasons, such as medical evidence or evidence of a personal or family crisis, tho evidence is not limited to just that.

Additionally, repeat funding is not available for a repeat year or part year of a course that the student is currently undertaking for PGL students.

In order to apply for a new masters course with CPR funding, you may need to apply on paper as online may be difficult.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending