The Student Room Group

BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump orders the wall to be built.

The Great Wall of America?

US President Donald Trump has sent an executive order for a wall to be built along the American border with Mexico. What do you think of this, TSR?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38740717

Scroll to see replies

Mexico will pay for the wall.
Original post by l'etranger

So he says...

Let him pay for it
Reply 4
"itll certainly be good for the united states itll certainly be good for mexico" how tho
Original post by queen-bee
Let him pay for it

You do realise Mexico isn't a person right?

Original post by Fallen Star
So he says...

They also said he would never be president

[video="youtube;WGomGRZIDIE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGomGRZIDIE[/video]
You do realise Mexico isn't a person right?

They also said he would never be president

[video="youtube;WGomGRZIDIE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGomGRZIDIE[/video]

Lol I was talking about trump,genius
Lol I was talking about trump,genius

Why would Trump pay for the wall, Mexico is paying for it :confused:
Why would Trump pay for the wall, Mexico is paying for it :confused:

Love>wall

I'm pretty sure Mexico have previously said they wouldn't be paying for any wall. It's not necessary.
Love>wall

I'm pretty sure Mexico have previously said they wouldn't be paying for any wall. It's not necessary.

Trump clearly said they will pay for it and he's the president.
Can someone explain to me how the USA can just decide *they* want a wall along the border and then just make Mexico pay for it...?
Reply 11
This isn't spectacular or unprecedented. A wall will benefit both nations and will be a step towards tackling issues that have persisted in the region for too long. It's being built and pushed well before the development of sufficient appetite for it amongst society and politics but Trump is a man of action and everyone should be applauding rather than pointing fingers towards bigotry, xenophobia and racism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AndrewSCO
Can someone explain to me how the USA can just decide *they* want a wall along the border and then just make Mexico pay for it...?

They're not going to just send the invoice, but by raising tariffs, Mexico will either pay for the way, or the boost to the American economy will pay off any losses accrued.
Can I start billing Mexico for things that they have nothing to do with? My phone bill is due at the end of the month, I'll just tell Three to invoice Mexico for it. They can also pay for my shopping next week too, why not? :yy:

Seriously though, this is just madness.
They're not going to just send the invoice, but by raising tariffs, Mexico will either pay for the way, or the boost to the American economy will pay off any losses accrued.

I see, I see
Such a mad decision, expect people to be climbing over it.
I don't really see the big deal about this to be honest. A wall across a border to keep out illegal immigrants is hardly a new thing. There are already walls, fences, sensors and cameras across parts of the US-Mexico border.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wait until Trump discovers that ladders exist.
Original post by Pulse.
This isn't spectacular or unprecedented. A wall will benefit both nations and will be a step towards tackling issues that have persisted in the region for too long. It's being built and pushed well before the development of sufficient appetite for it amongst society and politics but Trump is a man of action and everyone should be applauding rather than pointing fingers towards bigotry, xenophobia and racism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How does it benefit Mexico?

How does it boost the US economy (other than for all builders and border guards etc)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending